Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 am

Wow... And, of course, this whole "Turn It Up" thing after Tate repeatedly talks smack on "metal fans." Can we get some more pandering please, Geoff? Maybe some more boobs?

It feels like we have one QR that is trying to recapture former glories (may they succeed!), but which is kind of a wild card and then we have Geoff's crew trying to tap and reclaim past market share via creative synergizing in the board room.

Anyone else miss the creative Geoff? The one who came up with O:M's concept or presumably led the Promised Land concept? That guy was alright. This guy is just that annoying kid running for class president who needs to shake hands with everyone even though you can just read it in his eyes that he doesn't really like any of these people.

Yep. Good ol' rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 am

Runicen wrote:
presumably led the Promised Land concept

That was DeGarmo...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Runicen wrote:

That was DeGarmo...

Ah, more post-DeGarmo retconning then. If you read the liner book in the Promised Land remaster, it was Geoff's idea to go back to a conceptual work.

Really makes the stories told in those liners a lot more suspect given how things have unfolded in recent years, sadly.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
The balls on this guy...

He basically just said Queensryche changed its name to Operation: Mindcrime. What a douche! Haha.

The Genie is out of the Summer's Eve bottle...... It seems like he is 100% trying to give that impression that they are just changing the name.... but doing just enough to keep himself from getting a court ordered injunction from Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

Hey, he's gotta do something to keep the money coming in. God knows those graphic artists charge by the hour to photoshop the ever-living #@$# out of that face...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

Runicen wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Runicen wrote:

That was DeGarmo...

Ah, more post-DeGarmo retconning then.  If you read the liner book in the Promised Land remaster, it was Geoff's idea to go back to a conceptual work.

Really makes the stories told in those liners a lot more suspect given how things have unfolded in recent years, sadly.

It may have been his idea for a concept album in general, but I've seen GT say in the past that PL was "steered" by Chris DeGarmo...the same way GT "steered" Mindcrime...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah, it's definitely a DeGarmo album.

Which makes me wonder, Promised Land and Hear In The Now Frontier largely consist of DeGarmo-penned songs. Given what happened after he left, with Geoff and his wife taking control of so much, and the fact that there has long been a rumor that DeGarmo's departure had something to do with not being able to work with Geoff's wife, do you think those two albums were Chris's attempt at keeping Geoff and his wife from taking control the way they did? Did he know what they were trying to do?

Eh. Just thinking aloud... =)
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:48 pm

I just think he's just been very inspired and motivated as a songwriter since he wrote "Queen of the Ryche" and wasn't necessarily trying to push anyone away.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:57 pm

The story back then was, whoever had the vision when a record started, the rest of the band let them run with it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 am

It's hard to say who knew what and what signs were there early on.

I mean, if I'm trying to objectively read the narrative based on what came out in the court case, etc. it sounds like Geoff was kind of an insecure but artistically ambitious guy who felt like he would have been stupid to NOT sign on with QR when the EP started to create a buzz. Prior to that, he was one-foot-in-one-foot-out.

Then, whatever circumstances led to the dissolution of his first marriage either caused some major changes in him or were caused BY changes in him, after which point, it seemed like his personality really went through some strange mutations.

Even with his current wife, look at the love songs he was penning around Q2K and Tribe and it wasn't nearly as middle-aged pervert as what we're getting now. You get the sense that it may have been an invigorating relationship when it started and then became something else altogether.

I mean, all of this is purely speculation, but it really sounds like this guy has been through some wringers, whether of his own invention or not. It also sounds like the Geoff of '94 wouldn't recognize the Geoff of '14. My guess...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:07 am

Since this is the thread that won't die..... The Geoff doesn't know when to STFU:

GEOFF TATE Declares Himself 'Winner' In QUEENSRŸCHE Legal Battle
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-declares-himself-winner-in-queensryche-legal-battle/#0I3fKZHSkSFweo1d.99

On whether he is happy with the settlement agreement that awarded his former bandmates Michael WiltonScott Rockenfield and Eddie Jackson the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE trademark:

Tate: "I'm very happy. I'm extremely financially happy right now. [Laughs] They had to pay me, which is what they should have done all along; that's exactly what the whole court case was about. So they finally agreed to pay me for my share of the name and the business. So here I am. I'm continuing on doing what I do and they can continue doing what they do, and we'll all be happier.

"A lot of people are saying now that the other guys 'won' the name. Well, they didn't win it. We never went to court. It was all an agreement on a settlement out of court. It was a financial arrangement. So it wasn't like a 'win-lose' thing. In my opinion, I think I won. [Laughs]"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-declares-himself-winner-in-queensryche-legal-battle/#0I3fKZHSkSFweo1d.99
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:52 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Since this is the thread that won't die..... The Geoff doesn't know when to STFU:

GEOFF TATE Declares Himself 'Winner' In QUEENSRŸCHE Legal Battle

On whether he is happy with the settlement agreement that awarded his former bandmates Michael WiltonScott Rockenfield and Eddie Jackson the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE trademark:

Tate: "I'm very happy. I'm extremely financially happy right now. [Laughs] They had to pay me, which is what they should have done all along; that's exactly what the whole court case was about. So they finally agreed to pay me for my share of the name and the business. So here I am. I'm continuing on doing what I do and they can continue doing what they do, and we'll all be happier.

"A lot of people are saying now that the other guys 'won' the name. Well, they didn't win it. We never went to court. It was all an agreement on a settlement out of court. It was a financial arrangement. So it wasn't like a 'win-lose' thing. In my opinion, I think I won. [Laughs]"

Jesus. Does he even hear himself when he speaks??
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 1:23 pm

"It wasn't a win-lose thing" and then "In my opinion, I think I won"  Laughing very hard 

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Not that it will matter that I am pointing this out, but:

He did not say "Queensryche"...he said "Queensryche w/ original lead singer Geoff Tate" which is still how he is legally allowed to market himself until end of September/current tour. He's technically correct.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He did not say "Queensryche"...he said "Queensryche w/ original lead singer Geoff Tate" which is still how he is legally allowed to market himself until end of September/current tour. He's technically correct.

Sure, that's how he can get away with it, legally, but his intent was clear. =)

And does anyone believe for a second his new trilogy project is something that's been years in the making?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 am

I bet he's given some though to the possibility of additional Op:Mc sequels. But I bet there were no songs actually written.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sure, that's how he can get away with it, legally, but his intent was clear. =)

And does anyone believe for a second his new trilogy project is something that's been years in the making?

Absolutely not... how do you know Geoff Tate is lying? His lips are moving
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm

I don't expect that album to be good at all. Of course I will give it a chance but after all the Queensryche albums after HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER, FU and his other solo albums I don't look forward to anything he does at all.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm

James B. wrote:
"It wasn't a win-lose thing" and then "In my opinion, I think I won"   Laughing very hard 

I kind of think he won too. It will be interesting to see how much money they make as Queensryche compared to what they paid him for the name.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 am

The more GT talks, the more I seriously wish nothing but the best for the REAL QR just to spite the guy.

Let him spin his wheels all he wants so long as they get to reap some rewards and get back to enjoying what they do. If he just wants to lip off in the press about them while losing respect from even die-hard fans the deeper he digs, let him have it.

Not sure if this will be a welcome comparison, but this is what Gene Simmons is ACCUSED of being. Difference is, people still give a crap about the music Gene makes and nobody's talking about what a shambles he is live, so the guy can deliver AND he's actually successful at what he does. GT is just talking a lot of smack while doing low rent "cabaret" shows that involve hyper-sexualizing his wife and daughter(s?) in order to sell tickets to people who can't look away from a trainwreck.

Ugh.. Anyone else really hoping that in five years we're talking about how he got his @#@$ together and is doing interviews recanting for all this nonsense? Seriously, Geoff, I WANT to like you. You WERE the best in the biz. Can we get back there?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:
"It wasn't a win-lose thing" and then "In my opinion, I think I won"   Laughing very hard 

I kind of think he won too. It will be interesting to see how much money they make as Queensryche compared to what they paid him for the name.

I wasn't agreeing with him just laughing at what he said (a contradiction)

When somebody spins truth and logic, it usually means they are attempting to make something appear to be different than how it actually is.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:22 pm

James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

When somebody spins truth and logic, it usually means they are attempting to make something appear to be different than how it actually is.  

Get back in your sandpit, I wasn't suggesting that you were agreeing with him. By saying that I think he's won too, I was agreeing with GT not you. The laws of the universe prevent us from ever agreeing on anything QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 19976
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Get back in your sandpit, I wasn't suggesting that you were agreeing with him. By saying that I think he's won too, I was agreeing with GT not you. The laws of the universe prevent us from ever agreeing on anything QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 19976

Well when you quote my post and then say "I kind of think he won too" What is a guy to think ? No big deal. Regardless if you agree with him or not, the guy contradicted himself and that is funny stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:04 pm

James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Well when you quote my post and then say "I kind of think he won too"  What is a guy to think ?   No big deal.  Regardless if you agree with him or not, the guy contradicted himself and that is funny stuff.

GT was absolutely NOT the winner - the only winners where the attorneys.

The ONLY way GT would have been the winner is if 1) he won the name 2) he won 100% legal fees paid by the other party....

He probably could barely cover his legal expenses with the price of the "name" and maybe a trip in his broke down bus to Vancouver....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:37 pm

He may feel like the winner now, but as time passes people will slowly realize he is not Queensryche. A lot of fans have no idea what has transpired in the past few years, as evidenced by the fact that so many were confused by the Facebook name change. They literally had no idea! But Geoff can't keep up the ruse forever.

Either way, time will tell, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next