Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Anyone mind if I change gears? Thought you wouldn't...

How does everyone feel about Rage for Order? When I first got into QR, that one threw me for a loop as a STRANGE record. Nothing before or since in their canon really sounded like it.

That said, it's easily one of my favorite "prime" QR albums. The vocal melodies are bizarre, but somehow still catchy, the vibe of the album is this weird William Gibson cyberpunk with the drama of Dio hybrid, and it's just a great listen from start to finish.

Any other takers?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 pm

I hated Rage for Order for YEARS.... but after much badgering by posters on this board I finally broke down and bought it again about 4 years ago...

I like it much better and honestly.... aside from Gonna Get Close to You.... Rage smokes!!!!

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:23 pm

For my money, Neue Regal is the scorcher on the disc. Funny enough, it was probably the weirdest song to my ears the first time I heard the album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:40 pm

I think RfO is very good. "Surgical Strike" and "Walk in the Shadows" are top-notch.

Never liked "Gonna Get Close to You" or "Screaming in Digital".

Far, far better than the new s/t, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Runicen wrote:
Anyone mind if I change gears?  Thought you wouldn't...

How does everyone feel about Rage for Order?  When I first got into QR, that one threw me for a loop as a STRANGE record.  Nothing before or since in their canon really sounded like it.

That said, it's easily one of my favorite "prime" QR albums.  The vocal melodies are bizarre, but somehow still catchy, the vibe of the album is this weird William Gibson cyberpunk with the drama of Dio hybrid, and it's just a great listen from start to finish.

Any other takers?
Good album, but they never released anything that could ever top the self-titled EP or The Warning.

I usually end up choosing John Arch-era Fates Warning or one of the first two Crimson Glory albums over any Queensrÿche recording; the aforementioned bands stuck more to traditional metal values, while also expanding on the progressive metal style.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:32 pm

I always chose Arch FATES WARNING over just about anything. I prefer CG to QR as well.

I don't see CG as a progressive band at all, although they are frequently labeled that. I think they're less progressive than METALLICA.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Love Rage for Order. I think it was my introduction to the band......I don't quite remember.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Their image on RFO was lame-o (IMHDO)
The album is more appreciated now then back when it was new.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

I hated the image because it looked like they raided Prince's closet, but I loved the album, I even loved the much maligned 'Gonna Get Close to You'
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:58 am

I have always loved that album! Its so strange and the atmosphere throughout it is dark; like watching Blade Runner or something like that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:04 am

Yeah count me in. I just started truly discovering both Rage and Warning. Rage is the better if the two for me, a little less accessible than OM, but a sweet sound that transcends their dorky image. All the tracks are really good.

Warning is pretty good but the guitars are too muted. Some of the songs ramble a little too. But there are some decent numbers there as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 am

Rage For Order is brilliant. Such an amazing album. I've never felt Queensryche was a progressive band, but if they do have a progressive album, it's Rage For Order.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:14 am

I don't think anyone is going to defend the look on RfO. Tate looked like he was aiming for the Elvira look.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:29 am

Runicen wrote:
I don't think anyone is going to defend the look on RfO.

Can any look from the 80s be defended?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 am

RFO is such a dark, weird album...I love it!! I always felt like Promised Land was it's less "computerized" sounding counterpart...also very dark and weird.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:15 am

Citanul wrote:
Runicen wrote:

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Manowar1984Poster
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:25 am

Loincloths are a timeless classic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:32 am

RFO is a great album.... I almost didn't buy it when it was released because of the first single (gonna get close to you.) But one ofthe employees at a local record store (metal head) recommended it and told me that was the absolute worst song on the album (he never steered me wrong.... told me not to buy Fight For The rock and I should have listened to him!!!!)

I still skip that song and still don't like it, but the rest of the album is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:53 am

I love "Gonna Get Close To You"...I don't understand what's not to like about it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I love "Gonna Get Close To You"...I don't understand what's not to like about it.

It's great. I dig the original, too.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Yeah i enjoy it as well. Catchy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 pm

I couldn't stand Gonna Get Close To You at first either. In fact It kept me from wanting to get Rage For Order but I had friends assuring me that the rest of the album was far better. I finally broke down and bought a copy a few years later. I'm glad I did. And Gonna Get Close To You has grown on me a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Citanul wrote:
Runicen wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Great creeeeeepy atmosphere in that song!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Never liked "Gonna Get Close to You" or "Screaming in Digital".

Far, far better than the new s/t, that's for sure.

This. Both songs, while not terrible, break the flow for me. Aside from that, RfO is probably my favorite classic QR, though nowadays I lean more towards The Warning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next