Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 am

I love how GT is calling one last show a "Farewell Tour"....haha!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah..a "farewell" to himself for using the Queensryche name !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:33 am

007 wrote:

Pretty much:

QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate have released the following joint statement:

"We wanted to let QUEENSRŸCHE fans around the world know that an amicable settlement has been reached between Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate with regard to the future of the QUEENSRŸCHE name. According to the agreement, original QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton along with recent members, Todd La Torre and Parker Lundgren, will now be the sole entity recording and touring as QUEENSRŸCHE, performing selections from their entire musical catalog that spans over 30 years of material. Original QUEENSRŸCHE lead singer Geoff Tate will continue to record, perform and pursue a variety of other creative endeavors and, as part of the agreement, will have the exclusive rights to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance. Both sides wish each other well and are excited about what the future holds. We want to thank the fans for standing beside us through this ordeal and look forward to sharing our music with you for years to come."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-jackson-rockenfield-and-wilton-will-be-sole-entity-recording-and-touring-as-queensryche/#yjOgDyJoeSz3wSQk.99
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:37 am

Oh boy, Geoff gets to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance! How exciting. NOT!

Glad to hear they worked things out and hopefully the drama will stop. Looking forward to new material from QUEENSRŸCHE. Still enjoy the last album they put out. Best thing they've recorded in years.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 am

This agreement kind of makes me want to lean more heavily on my "Mindcrime, Shmindcrime," attitude from earlier.

It'd be like Dave Mustaine making a big deal about a tour where all Megadeth did was play Risk and The World Needs a Hero back to back as if the world has been waiting with baited breath for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Pretty much:

QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate have released the following joint statement:

"We wanted to let QUEENSRŸCHE fans around the world know that an amicable settlement has been reached between Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate with regard to the future of the QUEENSRŸCHE name. According to the agreement, original QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton along with recent members, Todd La Torre and Parker Lundgren, will now be the sole entity recording and touring as QUEENSRŸCHE, performing selections from their entire musical catalog that spans over 30 years of material. Original QUEENSRŸCHE lead singer Geoff Tate will continue to record, perform and pursue a variety of other creative endeavors and, as part of the agreement, will have the exclusive rights to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance. Both sides wish each other well and are excited about what the future holds. We want to thank the fans for standing beside us through this ordeal and look forward to sharing our music with you for years to come."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-jackson-rockenfield-and-wilton-will-be-sole-entity-recording-and-touring-as-queensryche/#yjOgDyJoeSz3wSQk.99

Well, that's all well and good. Does this mean that Queensryche is still able to play select songs off Mindcrime in concert but NOT the entire show ?That's what I'm getting out of this from reading that link. I'm sure they would totally ignore Mindcrime II.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 am

007 wrote:

Well, that's all well and good. Does this mean that Queensryche is still able to play select songs off Mindcrime in concert but NOT the entire show ?That's what I'm getting out of this from reading that link. I'm sure they would totally ignore Mindcrime II.

They can play all the Mindcrime songs they want outside of a special, stand-alone "entire album" performance...
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

They can play all the Mindcrime songs they want outside of a special, stand-alone "entire album" performance...

I'm sure they'll be introduced with, "In case any of you forgot what these songs sounded like when they were performed well..."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:04 am

Thank Gawd, the drama is finally over! (Sings "Hallelujah Chorus")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
Oh boy, Geoff gets to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance! How exciting. NOT!

Glad to hear they worked things out and hopefully the drama will stop. Looking forward to new material from QUEENSRŸCHE. Still enjoy the last album they put out. Best thing they've recorded in years.

And he didn't want to be a nostalgia act! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

They should do every song except for one of the short tracks, like "Electric Requiem."

Shame the other guys had little to do with OMII. There are a number of really good songs on that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

And he didn't want to be a nostalgia act! Haha.

It's not. He's gonna bring a whole cabaret, Cirque du Soliel-vibe to the show to keep it fresh and new. To the delight of noone.  Razz 

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 am

Runicen wrote:
I'll second that.  I think I've said before, it's why I'd lurk there but never register.  There was this attitude of, "The mods are having a conversation - don't offend us when you chime in."  Total drag.

By comparison, HoM is the most libertarian meeting of the minds, a veritable philosopher's garden.

Actually, this place is pretty sweet, so maybe we can turn that into the forum's tagline...  You know, if someone can sexy that up a little bit.

HoM is the best music community on the net IMO. The people here share a love for music without being too irrational. I just wish people would comment more hahahah!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

I read into it that Queensryche can play anything they want to..... but only The Vest can perform all of O:MC and O:MCII all they way through, in a special presentation. Coming to a tiny bar near you soon: Geoff Tate performing the entire Mindcrime saga
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:06 pm

So Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfeld are officially the One True Queensryche, now and forevermore. So sayeth Thor with a swing of his sacred hammer. All hail!! tr00

Seriously tho....giving up the rights to perform "OM I and II" together in concert must've been a reeeeeeeally tough decision for them. I bet they were like "Pffft, PLEEEASE take them Geoff. Do you have any idea how tired we are of playing sh*t off that second album?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfeld are officially the One True Queensryche, now and forevermore. So sayeth Thor with a swing of his sacred hammer. All hail!! tr00

Seriously tho....giving up the rights to perform "OM I and II" together in concert must've been a reeeeeeeally tough decision for them. I bet they were like "Pffft, PLEEEASE take them Geoff. Do you have any idea how tired we are of playing sh*t off that second album?" Laughing very hard

LOL!!!!

Well, considering that The Vest replaced all of Wilton, Rockenfield and Jackson's parts on II... the meeting with their lawyer went like this:
He wants II? Well, he can have the giant turd all to himself!!!! HA HA HA "
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:27 pm

On a side note, I did go to the M3 Festival for a bit on Saturday - caught Stryper (killed it), Jake E Lee (killed it) and Queensryche (completely nailed it.)

I only had lawn tickets this time around, but it was cool to watch people's reactions (many of whom caught the M3 gig a couple years back.) By the 3 or 4th track, the audience had completely accepted Todd. A few folks I talked too didn't know what to expect and ended up being blown away and felt Queensryche made up for shit storm show (2nd to last one with Tate) a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm sure fans will be lining up to hear TheGeoff croon and croak through both O:M albums.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
By the 3 or 4th track, the audience had completely accepted Todd. A few folks I talked too didn't know what to expect and ended up being blown away and felt Queensryche made up for shit storm show (2nd to last one with Tate) a few years ago.

It's interesting that you said that; I've been running into a lot of old-school Ryche fans who refuse to have anything to do with Todd because, "how can you not have Geoff Tate in Queensryche, he's the original, tr00 ftw etc." Then I explain to them the drama that's been going on, show them the clips of Geoff's douche moves (including Rocklahoma), and for the final hadouken direct them to clips of Todd's performances of late--and it just blows their mind. I guess there are fans who have just been ignorant of what's been going on, but even a buddy of mine is pissed of for Tate's sake--and he refuses to listen to anything off the latest album(s)!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm one of those people who feels that it's not QR without Tate, most of the time it's hard for a band to retain their signature sound with a new vocalist, Todd sounds good and everything, but I wouldn't really say he's "blown me away", QR with him just dosen't sound like QR to me if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm sure fans will be lining up to hear TheGeoff croon and croak through both O:M albums.

On the plus side, Tom Waits isn't getting any younger. Maybe Geoff has a bright future taking over for him.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I'm one of those people who feels that it's not QR without Tate, most of the time it's hard for a band to retain their signature sound with a new vocalist, Todd sounds good and everything, but I wouldn't really say he's "blown me away", QR with him just dosen't sound like QR to me if that makes any sense.

This is how I feel. Todd is obviously good at what he does, but they lost the vibe/magic, IMO. Same, for me, with Arnel/Journey. These bands now sound like they were influenced by these legends, as opposed to being them.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

This is how I feel. Todd is obviously good at what he does, but they lost the vibe/magic, IMO. Same, for me, with Arnel/Journey. These bands now sound like they were influenced by these legends, as opposed to being them.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with that. The hope at this point, is that they pull it together and a new vibe sort of cements itself with this lineup. I've been gathering that Todd's got some influences of his own he'd be only too happy to bring to the table that weren't really included in the self-titled album. Basically, we haven't seen this lineup really get its legs. The real test is what they do now that the name is theirs and they can get on with the business.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Eh, I think that would be really cool to see live.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Good riddance!

GEOFF TATE Announces 'Queensrÿche Starring Geoff Tate - The Farewell Tour'

More than thirty years after setting forth on the musical journey that would become known as QUEENSRŸCHE, singer Geoff Tate — one of rock's quintessential front men and the lead vocalist heard on all QUEENSRŸCHE hits — will be performing his farewell tour as QUEENSRŸCHE beginning in late July.

The announcement of the tour, "Queensrÿche Starring Geoff Tate - The Farewell Tour", comes hot on the heels of the recent amicable settlement with his former bandmates Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and Scott Rockenfield, who will be continuing with the band name.

With Geoff at the helm of QUEENSRŸCHE, the band experienced incredible success, garnering four Grammy nominations, performing in 46 different countries and selling over 20 million albums worldwide.

"One thing that's really important for fans to know is that this never went to court," comments Geoff Tate, who will be continuing as "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of Queensrÿche" once the summer farewell tour is complete.

As part of the agreement between the original members, Geoff will have the exclusive right to perform the concept albums "Operation: Mindcrime" and "Operation: Mindcrime II" as unique performances.

For the past several months, Geoff and his version of QUEENSRŸCHE (comprised of bassist Rudy Sarzo, guitarist Robert Sarzo, guitarist Kelly Gray, drummer Simon Wright and keyboardist Randy Gane) have been performing the fan favorite on their 25th-Anniversary Mindcrime Tour (with special guest Sass Jordan as "Sister Mary") in front of sold-out audiences everywhere.

"It's sort of similar to the PINK FLOYD situation where Roger Waters retained 'The Wall'," comments Geoff. "'Mindcrime' was my thing and my story, so it's only appropriate that I keep that... The others will be touring as QUEENSRŸCHE and I'll be continuing on as me."

The popularity of the theatrical back-to-back presentation of the "Operation: Mindcrime" saga ("I" and "II") was exemplified when the performance was captured for the 2007 double DVD/CD set, "Mindcrime At The Moore", that hit #1 on Billboard's Top Music Videos chart and eventually reached gold status.

For the forthcoming tour, Geoff's version of QUEENSRŸCHE will be performing all the hits along with some rarities to celebrate the music he's enjoyed making over the past thirty years.

Although the name will change, the lineup of stellar musicians performing with Geoff after this "farewell" tour is expected to remain the same.

Tickets go on sale for the majority of shows this Friday, May 2 and this Saturday, May 3.

"Queensrÿche Starring Geoff Tate - The Farewell Tour" dates:

July 30 - Hermosa Beach, CA - Saint Rocke
July 31 - San Juan Capistrano, CA - The Coach House
Aug. 01 - El Cajon, CA - Sycuan Casino
Aug. 02 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Aug. 03 - Agoura, CA - The Canyon Club
Aug. 07 - Fresno, CA - Strummer’s
Aug. 08 - Vacaville, CA - Theatre Deville
Aug. 09 - Morgan Hill, CA - Downtown Amphitheater
Aug. 12 - Nashville, TN - Music Marathon Works
Aug. 13 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre
Aug. 14 - Charlotte, NC - The Chop Shop
Aug. 15 - Wilmington, NC - Ziggy’s By The Sea
Aug. 16 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy’s
Aug. 17 - Atlanta, GA - Center Stage
Aug. 19 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Aug. 20 - San Antonio, TX - Aztec Theatre
Aug. 22 - Tucson, AX - Rialto Theatre
Aug. 23 - Scottsdale, AZ - Talking Stick Resort
Aug. 24 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
Aug. 26 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot
Aug. 28 - Wichita, KS - The Cotillion
Aug. 30 - Bolingbrook, IL - Tailgaters

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-announces-queensryche-starring-geoff-tate-the-farewell-tour/#q0utsSHY3vRKeJx5.99
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next