Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:04 pm

The new opening song, not played in full in nearly 30 years.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Whoo boy, very nice.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Cool. A nice underrated gem from the band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

That's it. I'm going to a Queensryche show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:31 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Me too. It will be my first time seeing them since November 22nd, 1988 at the Mecca in Milwaukee, opening for Metallica.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Me too. It will be my first time seeing them since November 22nd, 1988 at the Mecca in Milwaukee, opening for Metallica.

Nice!! I need to see them with Todd again - they put on a killer show now (something lacking the last time I saw them with The Geoff)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks for the clip Ken, thumbs up

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The new opening song, not played in full in nearly 30 years.

headbanger 

Awesome!  headbanger 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Todd's sounding pretty frickin' sweet! He's definitely settling into the role beautifully.

He's also developing some pretty righteous stage presence from the look of it. Some of those early live videos were a little awkward in that department.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:16 pm

He'll never be as good as Tate in his prime (few are), but he's solid, and getting better.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:07 pm

That sounded stellar! .... IF you weren't privy (and who wasn't) to all the shenanigans that went on previous the average Joe might not even sense a difference....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:04 pm

The fact that they are playing "Nightrider" again tells you that something drastic has changed.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:02 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

That sounded stellar! ....  IF you weren't privy (and who wasn't) to all the shenanigans that went on previous the average Joe might not even sense a difference....  

But the average Joe still thinks Geoff sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

I think Geoff still sounds very good, but then again I don't care about band members personal lives/opinions/TMZ-ish gossip/etc. He sings well with a diminished range just like Halford, DIckenson, LaBrie, Alder, etc.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The fact that they are playing "Nightrider" again tells you that something drastic has changed.

I think dipping into the past can have a positive impact on their future.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:43 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think Geoff still sounds very good, but then again I don't care about band members personal lives/opinions/TMZ-ish gossip/etc.  He sings well with a diminished range just like Halford, DIckenson, LaBrie, Alder, etc.

He sounds good at times, but he was once so great the difference between then and now is massive. Diminished range is one thing, not being able to sing in key is another.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I think Geoff still sounds very good, but then again I don't care about band members personal lives/opinions/TMZ-ish gossip/etc.  He sings well with a diminished range just like Halford, DIckenson, LaBrie, Alder, etc.

He sounds good at times, but he was once so great the difference between then and now is massive. Diminished range is one thing, not being able to sing in key is another.

Oh give me a break. He's not doing any worse these days than Halford ... another guy who I think is doing well all things considered.

Please find me some footage of a recent QR show where Geoff is not in key because I have not heard this.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Oh give me a break.  He's not doing any worse these days than Halford ... another guy who I think is doing well all things considered.

Please find me some footage of a recent QR show where Geoff is not in key because I have not heard this.

Yoooou obviously missed an earlier post...

...unless you're being sarcastic...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Oh give me a break.  He's not doing any worse these days than Halford ... another guy who I think is doing well all things considered.

Not sure why you brought Halford into this. I wasn't comparing him to Halford.

Watch the whole thing. It's torture from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:43 am

Runicen wrote:
Not to derail the thread completely, but is there anybody going who still sounds more or less the way they did "in the day?"  

Michael Sweet still sounds great.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:55 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Not sure why you brought Halford into this. I wasn't comparing him to Halford.

Watch the whole thing. It's torture from beginning to end.

Nice one!

It is not at all hard to find clips of The Geoff singing off key..... You just have to go to Youtube and type in "Geoff Tate", watch what comes up and bam - off key GT!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Not to derail the thread completely, but is there anybody going who still sounds more or less the way they did "in the day?"  

Michael Sweet still sounds great.

Michael Sweet still sounds very good...but you can still hear a difference between then and now. Same w/ Ray Alder.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Tuning has also changed the way people sing these days.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Tuning has also changed the way people sing these days.

Yep - very few of the older bands play in the original tuning these days... even Megadeth down tuned 1/2 a step on the most recent tour.

Queensryche actually up-tuned when Todd joined the band.

Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
Runicen wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
With all due respect, I personally feel they don't really need DeGarmo anymore. As far as I'm concerned, the s/t, which I feel is way better than the last 3 records the original band made, was proof that Tate was the problem rather than DeGarmo not being there anymore. Lundgren has a good report with Wilton live, and judging by Where Dreams Go To Die, he certainly has songwriting chops too. The next album will be really interesting. La Torre can play instruments and thus contributes as well, that's probably why the great vocal melodies are back, too.

This is a distinct possibility.  Whatever the next album from Toddryche is, it'll pretty much show whether they can really pull it out of the bag or if the new self-titled was about all the gas they had left in the tank.  For my part, I'm hoping for a total triumph.

One observation on the new one that is a little problematic (and Todd being more of an instrumentalist/musician himself than Tate may address this as he's brought in more on the writing side) is that the vocal melodies were pretty pedestrian and uninteresting - to the point that, even now, Tate could have probably sung them without much difficulty even with his drastically reduced range.

I can se La Torre sorta held back a little, but no way Tate could sing ém. Judging by the pro shot show from Brazil, he can barely hold a note anymore, much less make his way through harmonies without failing. Besides Paul Stanley, I really can't think of another vocalist whose range has diminished so drastically.

Have you heard Joe Elliot lately????  crapola

Not even close:

"Except for the memories, of what we had and what we knew" - indeed

"Long Way Down" - indeed

Maybe it's not fair to compare considering Geoff and Paul were way more impressive in their prime than Joe ever was. But here's Joe in an encore of the Viva! Hysteria show that lasted two hours and forty minutes. He sounds hoarse (which he used to tend towards the end of the set even back in the day anyway) but other than that, he does fine. I'm not saying he's particularly good, but compared to Geoff and Paul these days, he's almost like a vocal God:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next