Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm

that was bad

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

OUch, couldn't even get through the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Pretty horrible - it's obvious The Geoff doesn't care anymore and he's just doing these shows to 1) pad his bank account and 2) pay his legal bills. Tate was amazing back in the day but now, there is no way I would include him in the greatest metal singer conversation.

He does, however,  have Rudy Sarzo swing from his nut sack:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rudy-sarzo-geoff-tate-is-the-finest-composer-singer-frontman-of-his-generation/

Asked what it is like to perform with Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE, Sarzo said: "Geoff Tate is, to me, of his generation the finest composer, singer, frontman that ever was, of that generation. [He is] a joy to work with, to be in the band, to be in his company, to hear his voice on stage… off stage [as well], because he sings a lot off stage too. And he's got a wonderful band, including my brother [Robert] is in it. And also members of the QUEENSRŸCHE family that have been around for a long time, like Kelly Gray, Randy Gane… all those guys. And also I get to play with my old DIO rhythm section bandmate Simon Wright, so it's a very joyful occasion… It's a family. Absolutely. Otherwise, after a year, we wouldn't [still] be doing this. [Laughs]"

Regarding whether Tate includes him in the songwriting process, Sarzo said: "You know, what happened was, even before we went out on tour, Geoff needed to come out with a record to make a statement. So I played on three tracks [on the 'Frequency Unknown' album], [but] I was not part of the [songwriting] process [because] we weren't a band yet. So hopefully in the future, we'll be part of the [songwriting] process too."

I am still wonder how Rudy can actually make those statements with a straight face.

Saw that, and I'll quote my reply to that post:

From the dictionary:

Composer [kuhm-poh-zer]
noun

1. a person or thing that composes.
2. a person who writes music.

Synonyms

1. Geoff Tate

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Rudy didn't even play the beginning of JCW correctly...wow.

That was f***ing sad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Maybe everything that's happening is actually part of the ultimate rock-redemption concept album, in which Queensrÿche breaks the fourth wall in its creation and performance.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Pretty horrible - it's obvious The Geoff doesn't care anymore and he's just doing these shows to 1) pad his bank account and 2) pay his legal bills. Tate was amazing back in the day but now, there is no way I would include him in the greatest metal singer conversation.

He does, however,  have Rudy Sarzo swing from his nut sack:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rudy-sarzo-geoff-tate-is-the-finest-composer-singer-frontman-of-his-generation/

Asked what it is like to perform with Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE, Sarzo said: "Geoff Tate is, to me, of his generation the finest composer, singer, frontman that ever was, of that generation. [He is] a joy to work with, to be in the band, to be in his company, to hear his voice on stage… off stage [as well], because he sings a lot off stage too. And he's got a wonderful band, including my brother [Robert] is in it. And also members of the QUEENSRŸCHE family that have been around for a long time, like Kelly Gray, Randy Gane… all those guys. And also I get to play with my old DIO rhythm section bandmate Simon Wright, so it's a very joyful occasion… It's a family. Absolutely. Otherwise, after a year, we wouldn't [still] be doing this. [Laughs]"

Regarding whether Tate includes him in the songwriting process, Sarzo said: "You know, what happened was, even before we went out on tour, Geoff needed to come out with a record to make a statement. So I played on three tracks [on the 'Frequency Unknown' album], [but] I was not part of the [songwriting] process [because] we weren't a band yet. So hopefully in the future, we'll be part of the [songwriting] process too."

I am still wonder how Rudy can actually make those statements with a straight face.

Saw that, and I'll quote my reply to that post:

From the dictionary:

Composer [kuhm-poh-zer]
noun

1. a person or thing that composes.
2. a person who writes music.

Synonyms

1. Geoff Tate

Laughing 

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Com-poseur
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rudy didn't even play the beginning of JCW correctly...wow.

That was f***ing sad.

The beginning of "Breaking the Silence" is a mess, too. It looks like Oven-Mitts begins playing "I Don't Believe in Love," and then when he starts playing the right riff, Sarzo starts playing a riff that I'm not even sure is a Queensryche riff. It sounds like this:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:20 am

More like "Composter" cause everything that comes out of him is  sign

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:05 am

It'd be funny if you got tickets to a show featuring Queensryche, Saxon and Rhapsody. Then once you got there, realized it's Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, Oliver & Dawson Saxon and Tatesryche.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:11 am

Lari wrote:
It'd be funny if you got tickets to a show featuring Queensryche, Saxon and Rhapsody. Then once you got there, realized it's Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, Oliver & Dawson Saxon and Tatesryche.

With special guests Jack Russell's Great White
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:19 pm

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 QueensrycheMeme_zpsd3559a8e
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

GEOFF TATE Dons Wig For 'New Day Northwest' Performance, Interview
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-dons-wig-for-new-day-northwest-performance-interview-video/#Pi26eV0Aq1B3KI25.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-dons-wig-for-new-day-northwest-performance-interview-video/

[flash(500,500)] [/flash]

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Just saw this. Good lord...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

I literally just watched this open mouthed at the sheer horror of it all!  affraid 

He never came close to getting Lola right! I could sing Lola!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Shocked 

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Still no word on the court battle?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Why is it that everything he does lately ends up being a parody in a bad way?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Still no word on the court battle?

They keep pushing the date out - supposedly pretty close to a settlement with The Geoff.... which is probably why he is trying to get his post-being able to use the name legally Queensryche career...... but, judging from the latest video it looks like career suicide....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:01 pm

I saw that TV performance this afternoon, that was pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 pm

One thing I know for sure is that it looks like Geoff is gonna provide me with some seriously laugh-out-loud entertainment for a while  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 pm

What is The Geoff's fascination with drag queens and cabaret? Is there something he needs to tell us?   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Geoff is bi-sexual. Guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:10 pm

The Geoff prefers the term "bi-winning".
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
Geoff is bi-sexual. Guaranteed.

How on earth would you know that?

Unless there's something that you want to tell us!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next