Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Quote :
probably worked out a "formerly of Queensryche" or "Performing the music of Queensryche" tag line he can use

I can imagine the radio commercials now:

"SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
Bob's Buffalo Wings and Slow Roastin' BBQ Palace proudly pree-zents for ONE NIGHT ONLY:
(dramatic pause)
Geoff Tate, the Queensryche Guy!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm

If the BBQ is any good I might check it out. Might.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 pm

I still say that he should call his new band.......

Drama Queen of the Ryche  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
If the BBQ is any good I might check it out. Might.

"Y'all come down, Geoff and his All Star No Name Band will be playin' that, whatchacallit, Mindcrime thang in its entirety... again, and there'll be clowns 'n' face painting 'n' balloon animals for the kids! YEEEEEEEEHAW!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Ok, see, you said clowns and I hate clowns. In fact it's beyond hate to some deep pathological thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm

We're all making the assumption that Geoff is the one that it gonna get bought out and lose the name. But what if he has some real, honest-to-goodness, legal rights to the name and the rest of the guys are trying to deal?

Wouldn't that be a real kick in the 'nads if the dust settles and Scott Rockenfield holds a press conference to say "Damn. Well, it turns out Geoff DID own the name. Noone saw that coming, huh? It's all there in black and white."

"In an effort to save what little dignity and money we have left after this whole debacle, we have come to an arrangement that is agreeable to both parties. Geoff will continue on as Queensryche and moving forward, we will be known as 'Geoff Tate's Bitches' No more questions. Thank you and good day".

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:01 pm

I still think Geoff was more of a co-writer in QR than those other guys. If DeGarmo was still in QR, then things would be different.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Geoff Tate's Bitches'

...or Chris DeGarmo miraculously resurfaces, kicks everyone involved in the nards, and announces that he and he alone owns the Queensryche name, and he's takin' his ball and going home with it.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
We're all making the assumption that Geoff is the one that it gonna get bought out and lose the name. But what if he has some real, honest-to-goodness, legal rights to the name and the rest of the guys are trying to deal?

Haven't they been saying that the company, ie all 4 of them (Tate, Rockenfield, Jackson & Wilton) own the name together? GT was trying to lay claim based on the amount of work he perceives himself to have put in compared to the other guys. But in the end he's said over and over that it's really a case of one party or the other being bought out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Haven't they been saying that the company, ie all 4 of them (Tate, Rockenfield, Jackson & Wilton) own the name together? GT was trying to lay claim based on the amount of work he perceives himself to have put in compared to the other guys. But in the end he's said over and over that it's really a case of one party or the other being bought out.

Probably. I honestly have no idea anymore. I'm just throwing it out there as a "What if..." scenerio, piling on the joke that this has already become.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm betting Gene Simmons ends up with the name and Sharon Osbourne sues him for it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
probably worked out a "formerly of Queensryche" or "Performing the music of Queensryche" tag line he can use

I can imagine the radio commercials now:

"SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
Bob's Buffalo Wings and Slow Roastin' BBQ Palace proudly pree-zents for ONE NIGHT ONLY:
(dramatic pause)
Geoff Tate, the Queensryche Guy!"

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I still think Geoff was more of a co-writer in QR than those other guys.  If DeGarmo was still in QR, then things would be different.

I've wondered how much Geoff actually contributed beyond lyrics. We all assume he also came up with those great melodies and hooks and all that. But if that were true (and I'm not saying it isn't), where are those hooks now? When Geoff kind of usurped control of the music, those great melodies and hooks went away. The very first album the other guys did without him, they're back.

If we were to base it on that alone, it wouldn't be crazy to think Geoff just followed the lead of others when crafting songs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I still think Geoff was more of a co-writer in QR than those other guys.  If DeGarmo was still in QR, then things would be different.

I've wondered how much Geoff actually contributed beyond lyrics. We all assume he also came up with those great melodies and hooks and all that. But if that were true (and I'm not saying it isn't), where are those hooks now? When Geoff kind of usurped control of the music, those great melodies and hooks went away. The very first album the other guys did without him, they're back.

If we were to base it on that alone, it wouldn't be crazy to think Geoff just followed the lead of others when crafting songs.

Agree 100%, plus even back in the day it was long rumored that DeGarmo came up with the vast majority of vocal melodies..... GT get fired and bam, the great melodies are back
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Geoff and the band have requested another extension...

Quote :
King County Superior Court Judge Beth Andrus has signed a new order continuing trial date, allowing the parties four more weeks to come to an agreement over the use of the QUEENSRŸCHE name and its associated trademarks. If they cannot reach an agreement during that period, the five-day, non-jury trial is set to begin on April 7.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Geoff and the band have requested another extension...

Quote :
King County Superior Court Judge Beth Andrus has signed a new order continuing trial date, allowing the parties four more weeks to come to an agreement over the use of the QUEENSRŸCHE name and its associated trademarks. If they cannot reach an agreement during that period, the five-day, non-jury trial is set to begin on April 7.

They must be getting close to a settlement. Tate's lawyers must have finally talked some sense into him i.e. "Vest, you are going to spend X much on a trail and there is no way in hell that you will get the name. In fact, you will most likely get a worse deal than if you agree to a settlement"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:05 am

Man, this soundboard recording really shines a light on how horrible these guys are. I mean, this is an absolute train wreck.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:08 am

Are they even trying there? Sounds like the first stage perfomance by high school band. Check out awesome "gang chrous" in I Don't Believe in Love at 31:56. Painful to hear Very Happy Perhaps the band kicked Tate cause he couldn't sing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Are they even trying there? Sounds like the first stage perfomance by high school band. Check out awesome "gang chrous" in I Don't Believe in Love at 31:56. Painful to hear :DPerhaps the band kicked Tate cause he couldn't sing anymore.

It's sad, really. I mean, at this point shouldn't these guys be playing these songs better? Even if they were still playing the wrong solos and chords, they should be playing those with some skill, right? They sound like a bad cover band. And Geoff...man, he's going downhill. He still nails it from time to time, but he's way off just as much.

Geoff makes it easy to tear him down by way of his attitude in the past year or so, but really it's just kind of sad. To think of how brilliant he once was, it bums me out to watch him now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Are they even trying there? Sounds like the first stage perfomance by high school band. Check out awesome "gang chrous" in I Don't Believe in Love at 31:56. Painful to hear

Ouch ! That is truly bad. And the off key singing is a bit disappointing.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:58 am

Pretty horrible - it's obvious The Geoff doesn't care anymore and he's just doing these shows to 1) pad his bank account and 2) pay his legal bills. Tate was amazing back in the day but now, there is no way I would include him in the greatest metal singer conversation.

He does, however, have Rudy Sarzo swing from his nut sack:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rudy-sarzo-geoff-tate-is-the-finest-composer-singer-frontman-of-his-generation/

Asked what it is like to perform with Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE, Sarzo said: "Geoff Tate is, to me, of his generation the finest composer, singer, frontman that ever was, of that generation. [He is] a joy to work with, to be in the band, to be in his company, to hear his voice on stage… off stage [as well], because he sings a lot off stage too. And he's got a wonderful band, including my brother [Robert] is in it. And also members of the QUEENSRŸCHE family that have been around for a long time, like Kelly Gray, Randy Gane… all those guys. And also I get to play with my old DIO rhythm section bandmate Simon Wright, so it's a very joyful occasion… It's a family. Absolutely. Otherwise, after a year, we wouldn't [still] be doing this. [Laughs]"

Regarding whether Tate includes him in the songwriting process, Sarzo said: "You know, what happened was, even before we went out on tour, Geoff needed to come out with a record to make a statement. So I played on three tracks [on the 'Frequency Unknown' album], [but] I was not part of the [songwriting] process [because] we weren't a band yet. So hopefully in the future, we'll be part of the [songwriting] process too."

I am still wonder how Rudy can actually make those statements with a straight face.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am

Has Rudy Sarzo ever been involved in the songwriting process in ANY band he's been in?

Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Has Rudy Sarzo ever been involved in the songwriting process in ANY band he's been in?

Just sayin'.

Didn't Coverdale let Rudy write all those Whitesnake hits in the 80's?

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:47 am

He didn't even write in Quiet Riot, that was all Kevin DuBrow, and Noddy Holder of course.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Yeah, I think Rudy Sarzo is a perpetual fill-in, touring member.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next