Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Supergroup Out Of These...

Go down 
+32
manny
journeyman
deathisgain
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
martinsane
rajah
chewie
Lari
brokentulsa
candlemass
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Ravenscraig
MoonChild
Thrasher73
Addy
James B.
mc666
SAHB Healer
corplhicks
akeldama
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Audioslave
Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Black Country Communion
Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
Chickenfoot
Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Chickenfoot all the way...Sammy And Joe!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

I doubt any of those three bands are something I'd like. Not that I could name even one song by any of them.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:47 pm

I voted for BCC.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm

I really like BCC, but I love Hagar, gotta vote for Chickenfoot. Also glad to see Anthony land on his feet after Van Halen treated him so poorly.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 pm

candlemass wrote:
"Supergroups?"

Yea, that would be Rush, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...

Word.

And this Supagroup
Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 41e-pKtxYeL._SL290_
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:01 am

martinsane wrote:
candlemass wrote:
"Supergroups?"

Yea, that would be Rush, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...

Word.

And this Supagroup
Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 41e-pKtxYeL._SL290_

headbanger on both counts! Wink
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:03 am

Chickenfoot. None of the other bands has a song as great as "Big Foot."
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 am

mc666 wrote:
Geez, I don't like any of them.

Well, duh.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chickenfoot. None of the other bands has a song as great as "Big Foot."

headbanger 

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:41 am

candlemass wrote:
"Supergroups?"

All great bands but none of them are technically "supergroups". A supergroup contains members of already famous bands getting together for a new project. The members of Rush, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden were relative unknowns to the general public prior to being in these bands. Led Zeppelin doesn't really qualify either because Jimmy Page was the only "name" in the band when they got together.

Good examples of supergroups would be Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Emerson was in The Nice, Lake was in King Crimson and Palmer was in Atomic Rooster prior to ELP forming) and Bad Company (Rodgers & Kirke were in Free, Mick Ralphs was in Mott The Hoople and Boz Burrell was in King Crimson prior to Bad Company).
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Loved the first Audioslave album, but couldn't get into the second. Listened to a few Chicken Foot songs and didn't like them. Now BCC, I almost cried when they broke up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Chickenfoot followed by BCC. Read through this and decided it was high time to listen to that BCC disc I've had for awhile. I liked it, but not much stuck outside of a few interesting guitar parts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 pm

I like all three of them but I voted BCC
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm going with Black Country Communion, they felt more like a proper band than the others. Supergroups almost never seem to "gel" like organic bands do, it usually just sounds like a jam session.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Supergroups.

This poll is sort of like having to choose one out of 3 penises you would like to suck.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:14 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Supergroups.

This poll is sort of like having to choose one out of 3 penises you would like to suck.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:10 am

S.D. wrote:
candlemass wrote:
"Supergroups?"

All great bands but none of them are technically "supergroups".  A supergroup contains members of already famous bands getting together for a new project.  The members of Rush, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden were relative unknowns to the general public prior to being in these bands.  Led Zeppelin doesn't really qualify either because Jimmy Page was the only "name" in the band when they got together.  

Good examples of supergroups would be Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Emerson was in The Nice, Lake was in King Crimson and Palmer was in Atomic Rooster prior to ELP forming) and Bad Company (Rodgers & Kirke were in Free, Mick Ralphs was in Mott The Hoople and Boz Burrell was in King Crimson prior to Bad Company).

I think Candlemass was being sarcastic when he posted those.

Kinda surprised Velvet Revolver, Them Crooked Vultures, and Kings of Chaos weren't mentioned. Though Kings of Chaos has yet to release an album, and would the Sound City Players be considered a super group?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:10 am

martinsane wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Supergroups.

Laughing very hard 

lol! Laughing very hard 

and to THAT I say NONE OF THE ABOVE LOL
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I feel like 'supergroups' always end up doing some kind of amazingly pedestrian music that normally we wouldn't take a huge notice to.
*cough* Cream *cough* ELP *cough* Badlands *cough* Blue Murder *cough*
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Audioslave
Always been a Cornell fan. Never got into RATM, but the way they pulled together sounded really good. Hated that they went separate ways…..
BCC is cool, but nothing that would make me want to spin it in the truck cranked to 11.
Chickenfoot, blah. I think like others here it's the Hagar thing, mas tequila y menos penises!
(you left out Mad Season Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 am

I revisited some BCC over the weekend and the thing I noticed about them is that out of their 3 albums, nothing really stood out as a "hit". Don't get me wrong, the music is good and it's a fine listen, but nothing stood out as a memorable or signature song, if that makes sense.

Chickenfoot and Audioslave had some hooks in their music. Songs that stuck in my head long after the record was over. Even now, I can easily hum 'Bigfoot' or 'Cochise' in my head. Not so with BCC.

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I revisited some BCC over the weekend and the thing I noticed about them is that out of their 3 albums, nothing really stood out as a "hit". Don't get me wrong, the music is good and it's a fine listen, but nothing stood out as a memorable or signature song, if that makes sense.

That was the exact reaction I had to their albums. I've listened to all of them on Spotify and they vanish from memory the instant the record is over.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:43 pm

I must be listening to different albums, because those things are pure classic rock gold. They are what Zeppelin should be doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Supergroup Out Of These...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2