Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Thrash Supergroup!

Go down 
+6
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
nevermore
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
Troublezone
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Thrash Supergroup! Empty
PostSubject: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 am

Has anyone heard Iron Steel yet? Members include: David Ellefson (ex-Megadeth) Morgan Rose (Sevendust) Jim LaMarca (Chimaira) Rachel Bolan (Skid Row) Its parody metal but the talent is sick! if you have not heard them yet check www.myspace.com/ironsteel666

Thought?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 am

I don't like it. I can't believe Dave Ellefson has been reduced to this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:17 am

My reason for not liking it is mainly the singers voice (sounds like a stuck pig). Not to mention the lame song content.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:31 am

Heard this before. The singer is complete crap. They should get a real singer, write good lyrics, and make a badass album! Wasted talent.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:57 am

i quite like it in a bizarre way. i would be more interested if the guitar tone was not as wimpy as it is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:56 am

They cold use a little work, I guess. New singer, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:01 pm

Sounds awful!!

But Dave Ellefson's got bills to pay, I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:06 pm

Hate to see Dave and Bolan wasted like that. It's sort of funny but musically doesn't hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Quote from Ellefson on the MySpace page:

Quote :
Ellefson comments on his bandmates: "IRON STEEL is the modern day STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH

Not...even...CLOSE.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :

Quote:
Ellefson comments on his bandmates: "IRON STEEL is the modern day STORMPOOPERS OF DEATH
You read it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:14 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :

Quote:
Ellefson comments on his bandmates: "IRON STEEL is the modern day STORMPOOPERS OF DEATH

You read it wrong.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm

It's really no more of a parody than Megadeth is these days. Ellefson could have just stayed put if this is what he wanted to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 pm

Fightin' words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:22 pm

I apologize, et. I just listened to this band more closely. They are leaps and bounds worse than Megadeth.

These guys may ooze more cheese than 3 Inches of Blood.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:

These guys may ooze more cheese than 3 Inches of Blood.

Which takes some doin'.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Nothing sounded super about to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 pm

not my cup of tea

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:02 pm

Not that bad, however I agree with those who said that they' ll probably shoul get a better singer....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hummmmm   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:35 pm

To me this is awesome! I mean all these shitty bands with the word 'blood,bloody,bleeding' and all the 'hardcore.com' wannabes, you know its just the same smurf poo! The smurf poo is funny and the music BLOWS away anything I have heard in a couple of years!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok, musically this is ok. Not NEARLY as good as many of the retro-thrash acts out there now, but MUCH better than most modern bands.

But MY WORD that singer! He sounds like he's got his nuts in a vice. Who convinced this clown he could or even SHOULD sing? That fool has gots ta go!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 pm

actually i'm getting into this the more i listen to it. the vocals remind me of Iron Angel or Sacred Steel.

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:54 pm

mc666 wrote:
remind me of Iron Angel or Sacred Steel.

Well their name didn't fall far from that comparison. They should have titled their album Sacred Angel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:24 am

If you read the blog in the 'new kids on the block' you will 'GET' it...... The singer was on tour as a photographer and they where bored and couldn't score chick or something.... It was all in good fun and the other songs are KILLER!!!! STD is the best and then Attack to me... Yeah the singer sux but he is supposed to! LOL!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:20 am

Is it me, or did the song Attack sound a bit like Priest's Painkiller in the vocal lines?
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:00 am

hahaha it gave a me laugh. i don't mind the vocals they fit somehow, they remind of someone but i can't think who right now

EDIT: he sounds like tim baker from cirith ungol. thats the one

oh yeah, 'attack' is just a rip off off painkiller but i reckon it was probably intentional
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Thrash Supergroup!   New Thrash Supergroup! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Thrash Supergroup!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next