Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.K.: Prog rock supergroup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Empty
PostSubject: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Anyone else heard these guys?

Do they have any good songs besides "In the Dead of Night"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:47 pm

What's their name? U.K.? If so, never heard of them.

Interested, though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:05 pm

U.K. was a very cool band if you like progressive rock, it featured John Wetton and Bill Bruford of King Crimson, Allan Holdsworth on guitar and Rick Wakeman on organ,keyboards and former Curved Air violinist Eddie Jobson.

IMO their best album was the self titled album which contained their most famous song 'In The Dead of the Night', their second and last album is not bad but it is missing Allan Holdsworth guitar work, and the band is down to trio. This is one of the few albums I own where their are no guitars played on it. Well Wetton does play bass guitar.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 pm

The only song I know is "In The Dead Of Night" and that's b/c Malmsteen covered it on his Inspiration album. Never heard anything else from them. Peace.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 pm

If you find early Asia to be likeable but maybe a bit bland and radio friendly, then UK is a good bet. It's the same general Wetton stuff but much proggier. I like their albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.K.: Prog rock supergroup   U.K.:  Prog rock supergroup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.K.: Prog rock supergroup
Page 1 of 1