Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Supergroup Out Of These...

Go down 
+32
manny
journeyman
deathisgain
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
martinsane
rajah
chewie
Lari
brokentulsa
candlemass
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Ravenscraig
MoonChild
Thrasher73
Addy
James B.
mc666
SAHB Healer
corplhicks
akeldama
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Audioslave
Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_lcap19%Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Black Country Communion
Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_lcap46%Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
Chickenfoot
Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_lcap35%Best Supergroup Out Of These... Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Best Supergroup Out Of These... Empty
PostSubject: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Audioslave (Cornell, Morello, Commerford, Wilk)

Black Country Communion (Hughes, Bonamassa, Bonham, Sherinian)

Chickenfoot (Hagar, Satriani, Anthony, Smith)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 pm

I am a Hagar and Satch fanboy and I really dig Audioslave but I have to go with BCC on this one, they are just so cohesive right out of the gate and just have more diversity, creativity and make the best out of the sum of their parts.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm

BCC, although I wasn't all up on that one like everyone else was. As for the other two, Audioslave is a bit boring and Chickenfoot is as mediocre as its frontman. zing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:00 am

Audioslave was okay, there are quite a few good songs spread across their 3 albums. Nothing earth shattering but I enjoy it.

I don't really know BCC that well, the little bit I've heard sounds good.

Not a Hagar fan.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:13 am

I haven't followed Audioslave although I'm a Cornell fan usually. I used to be a big Glenn Hughes fan but I've gotten bored with him lately- he's too serious minded. I've never been into Sammy except maybe with Montrose, and while Chickenfoot is very hit and miss they do have a few really catchy songs so I vote for them. I have the first two BCC albums and I can't say I can remember a single song.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Geez, I don't like any of them.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 3:08 am

mc666 wrote:
Geez, I don't like any of them.

ditto

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:14 am

So many choices....... Id say NONE OF THE ABOVE
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 am

Audioslave gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:05 am

None of them  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:08 am

Ewwww! None.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am

None Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 am

Pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 am

Chickenfoot's latest album was surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:25 am

Chickenfoot got my vote, but BCC is strong too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 am

I like all 3 of them, but I voted for Audioslave. Out of those choices, they probably get the most spins from me, followed by Chickenfoot, then BCC. The albums are good, but I just can't get into Joe Bonamassa. His playing just leaves me cold. Talented yes, but souless and empty.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 am

I'm actually surprised at the disinterest in all 3 of the bands by a lot of dudes here. I think lyrically Audioslave and BCC are really strong compared to Chickenfoot but they have the most personality as a whole than the other two but as much of a fanboy I am of Hagar and Satch I still feel like something's missing. If Chad brought in a little more groove to his playing like he did on Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik maybe that'd free up Satch a little more, who knows.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am

Black Country Communion
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

What he said.  Wink 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 am

Wow, I can't vote on this one. I've never heard a song from any of them and don't really want to.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 am

BCC followed by CF. Never got into Audioslave.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

What he said.  Wink 

Yep..... I voted Chickenfoot, but BCC is good too. Never got into Audioslave, the albums just didn't it for me... I like Rage Against The Machine, but was never a big fan of Cornell's vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

I went with Audioslave as I seem to listen to them and like them a lot more than the other 3. All 3 of the bands "should" have a little something to offer to most rock fans.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 pm

I feel like 'supergroups' always end up doing some kind of amazingly pedestrian music that normally we wouldn't take a huge notice to.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:58 pm

"Supergroups?"

Yea, that would be Rush, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Supergroup Out Of These...   Best Supergroup Out Of These... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Supergroup Out Of These...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next