Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Supergroup..........

Go down 
+7
Addy
metalinmyveins
manny
tohostudios
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Interesting Supergroup.......... Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:29 pm

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/iha-carlos-hanson-schlesinger-form-band-1003942166.story

Members of Cheap Trick, Fountains Of Wayne, Smashing Pumpkins and Hanson!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:36 pm

That's quite an interesting line-up. Bun E. is old enough to be their father. Interesting Supergroup.......... 251456

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Here's a song on the myspace........

http://www.myspace.com/tintedwindows

And a video of sorts.....

This is really really good, i know i'm a sucker for this power pop stuff......but it's a total retro trip back to the daze of the Beat and the Records in the late 70's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 pm

rattpoison wrote:

This is really really good, i know i'm a sucker for this power pop stuff......but it's a total retro trip back to the daze of the Beat and the Records in the late 70's.

It's catchy, I'll give 'em that. Since I'm really only familiar with Bun, I'm guessing it's the Hanson kid on vocals (and probably guitar) with the Pumpkins guy on guitar and the Wayne guy on bass, right?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Pretty much right except Hanson sans the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am

Those names do nothing to spark an interest.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

It's catchy, I'll give 'em that. Since I'm really only familiar with Bun, I'm guessing it's the Hanson kid on vocals (and probably guitar) with the Pumpkins guy on guitar and the Wayne guy on bass, right?

You never heard the Fountains of Wayne song "Stacy's Mom"? It was even in a Dr. Pepper commercial.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 am

I will check them out when its get released. How in the world these guys got together is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 am

I can't get to the Myspace song but this band's music has to be power pop given the people involved. Could be right up my alley.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can't get to the Myspace song but this band's music has to be power pop given the people involved. Could be right up my alley.

I am fan of power pop, which of course involves Cheap Trick and Fountains of Wayne, so I am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 am

Because of this thread I now have "Stacy's Mom" stuck in my brain.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
Because of this thread I now have "Stacy's Mom" stuck in my brain.

Remember the video with that hot babe Rachel Hunter, even if the song had sucked I still would have loved the video, unfortunetly I have no access to You Tube here at work or would post a link to the video.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:45 am

I don't think I ever saw the actual video. I just saw the TV commercial.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think I ever saw the actual video. I just saw the TV commercial.

Trust me, you will love the video.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:50 am

I'll have to look it up at home.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

You never heard the Fountains of Wayne song "Stacy's Mom"? It was even in a Dr. Pepper commercial.

Oh yea, I remember that song, or the video actually. I didn't know it was Fountains of Wayne though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVJmwYKy7eM

Here's the video. Could be somewhat NSFW, depending on your level of raciness.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's quite an interesting line-up. Bun E. is old enough to be their father. Interesting Supergroup.......... 251456

Speaking of Bun E. Carlos, since I live in Rockford, IL (home of Cheap Trick), I'm constantly running into C.D's at the main library in town which were donated by the man. At the bottom of the case that the library puts the C.D's in, there is a animated picture of him, with a note stating that these were recommended and donated by Bun E. Some of the ones I remember were Soundgarden's "Ultramega O.K", "Flower", "Screaming Lifer/Fopp", Elliott Smith's "X/O", "Roman Candle", "Either/Or", Sloan's "Between the Bridges", "Navy Blues", "Smeared", and Paul Westerberg's "Soundproof Monolyth", just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:01 am

I just look it up and Bun E. turns 58 this June.

The Tinted Windows disc is slated to be released in April according to Wikipedia.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Just hope they dont bust out in some Mmm Bop lol

James Iha didnt he do a solo album awhile back?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Interesting combination. I wouldn't buy their music, but it's an odd combo nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:40 pm

manny wrote:
How in the world these guys got together is beyond me.

They met at a "Where Are They Now? convention" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Didn't like it. Not a fan of modern pop rock.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Didn't like it. Not a fan of modern pop rock.

Cool...that means I'll like it.

Twisted Evil

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Toho it's giving me a bit of a late 70's skinny tie/new wave/power pop vibe......not unlike that of the godly "The Beat".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Supergroup..........   Interesting Supergroup.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Supergroup..........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next