Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue planning to hang it up

Go down 
+37
Short-Fuse
Big Rich
Glower
Smindas
Witchfinder
journeyman
James B.
mlotek
Metal Misfit
exact33
krokus
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
nevermore
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
jstate
MoonChild
manny
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Sword Of The Heretic
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:38 pm

corplhicks wrote:
My point is Mick Mars is a BAD guitarist, not good, not solid, but perhaps I'm just not as forgiving as others. Moving on...

"Today, the band members went so far as to sign a “cessation of touring agreement” at a press conference in Los Angeles. That legal filing will go into effect at the end of 2015."

So how legit is this type of document? Is it just a flimsy PR stunt or will this really kill off the band?

100% PR stunt - there is no way anyone in the right minds would ever sign a document turning down millions of dollars for potential future tours. Even the press conference info you quoted "legal filing will go into effect at the end of 2015" is a way out - if it is never filed or amended prior to the end of 2015. More than likely, it has provision that they can tour if they feel like it in the future. It's a total gimmick to get people to buy tickets to the shows.

And Mick is not a BAD guitarist - he plays what he needs to for Motley's music. He can probably play a hell of a lot more than he shows on record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Quote :
So how legit is this type of document? Is it just a flimsy PR stunt or will this really kill off the band?

I'm guessing PR stunt. I guess we'll find out how legally binding it is in 2016 when they book a reunion tour and some jack-hole tries to sue the band for breaking their contract.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:22 pm

It's not legally binding at all. It's a stunt. This is merely a promise not to do something and promises aren't legally binding.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:
My point is Mick Mars is a BAD guitarist

No...he's not. He's no Steve Vai...but he's certainly not "bad".

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

And Mick is not a BAD guitarist - he plays what he needs to for Motley's music. He can probably play a hell of a lot more than he shows on record.

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
My point is Mick Mars is a BAD guitarist

No...he's not. He's no Steve Vai...but he's certainly not "bad".

I agree to disagree.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm

I love Motley Crue and will defiantly be seeing at least one of these shows if not more. These guys are like the forfathers of 80s hair metal. They do what they do and they do it good. Mick drew all his playing from 70s artist like Slade, Mott the Hoople and Sweet...I love those bands also. This band was never meant to be anything else other than outrageous and simple glam rock....and that is what they were and will be remembered for. Its really unfair to compare them to anything else or anyone else other than those old 70s glam bands...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I had no interest in seeing them til they announced Alice as the opening act, this may upset die hard fans here but Alice is going to blow them off stage
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:47 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/motley-crue-there-will-be-no-final-album-blame-radio/

Nikki says there won't be a "final" album from the band, which is disappointing, if true. I thought SOLA was a very good effort. I think the whole retirement angle is a bit of a stunt anyway and for him to say you'll never hear new music from Motley again, it might be another stunt to get people to the show (to really drive home the "THIS IS IT" vibe).

The members of Motley contradict themselves all the time though. Just a few weeks ago, Vince Neil said the band would be done touring, but not recording.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:45 pm

"no new album" is not the same as "no new music". They've said repeatedly recently that they're open to recording a couple of songs, which they'll probably do...just not a whole album's worth at one time...they don't see the point.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 pm

manny wrote:
I had no interest in seeing them til they announced Alice as the opening act, this may upset die hard fans here but Alice is going to blow them off stage
I love Motley and all, but you're definitely right - I feel like having Alice open for you is suicide, that man's live show is amongst the best. I can only hope he's touring with them when Motley eventually reaches the UK.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:41 pm

As threatened promised, an all-star country tribute to Motley Crue is on it's way.

"Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe" track listing:

01. RASCAL FLATTS - "Kickstart My Heart"
02. FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE - "If I Die Tomorrow"
03. LEANN RIMES - "Smokin' In The Boys Room"
04. JUSTIN MOORE - "Home Sweet Home"
05. CASSADDE POPE WITH ROBIN ZANDER - "The Animal In Me"
06. AARON LEWIS - "Afraid"
07. BIG & RICH - "SOS"
08. SAM PALLADIO AND CLARE BOWEN - "Without You"
09. ELI YOUNG BAND - "Don't Go Away Mad"
10. LAUREN JENKINS - "Looks That Kill"
11. THE CADILLAC THREE - "Live Wire"
12. THE MAVERICKS - "Dr. Feelgood"
13. BRANTLEY GILBERT - "Girls, Girls, Girls"
14. GRETCHEN WILSON - "Wild Side"
15. DARIUS RUCKER - "Time For Change"

Quote :
Big Machine Records, Mötley Records and Eleven Seven Music announced today that the country tribute album "Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe" will be released on July 8. The project will feature fresh takes on 15 of MÖTLEY CRÜE's biggest hits covered by some of country music's biggest names, including FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE, Justin Moore, BIG & RICH, LeAnn Rimes, Gretchen Wilson, Darius Rucker, Rascal Flatts and more.

"We did not make this record for MÖTLEY CRÜE fans, but for country fans who are also rock fans," says MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx. "I believe that there's going to be a lot of synergy and excitement for MÖTLEY CRÜE fans hearing different artists covering their favorite songs. People will be surprised how these artists made the songs their own and we couldn't be happier with how the album turned out. It's been an amazing, positive experience and, as a lot of things we've done, a first in our career."

I personally would rather hear the sounds of my parent's lovemaking than this, but I'm sure this has some appeal to someone out there. Please let me know if you are one of them and I will be sure to de-friend you from my Facebook page.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Florida Georgia Line. The greatest country band name ever.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As threatened promised, an all-star country tribute to Motley Crue is on it's way.

07. BIG & RICH - "SOS"

Quote :
Big Machine Records, Mötley Records and Eleven Seven Music announced today that the country tribute album "Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe" will be released on July 8. The project will feature fresh takes on 15 of MÖTLEY CRÜE's biggest hits covered by some of country music's biggest names, including FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE, Justin Moore, BIG & RICH, LeAnn Rimes, Gretchen Wilson, Darius Rucker, Rascal Flatts and more.

"We did not make this record for MÖTLEY CRÜE fans, but for country fans who are also rock fans," says MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx. "I believe that there's going to be a lot of synergy and excitement for MÖTLEY CRÜE fans hearing different artists covering their favorite songs. People will be surprised how these artists made the songs their own and we couldn't be happier with how the album turned out. It's been an amazing, positive experience and, as a lot of things we've done, a first in our career."

I personally would rather hear the sounds of my parent's lovemaking than this, but I'm sure this has some appeal to someone out there. Please let me know if you are one of them and I will be sure to de-friend you from my Facebook page.

The Cadillac Three and Brantley Gilbert tracks will probably be decent as they are "heavy" for country. Also, Aaron Lewis is the former lead singer of Staind. He's a country artist now if you didn't know that (you probably didn't care either.)

Florida Georgia Line is very popular right now.

I know all this because country is Mrs Witchfinder's favorite genre - even though she's from England, which is totally baffling.

Here's a sampling for Brantley Gilbert and The Cadillac Three that you can ignore at your leisure:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Cadillac Three were formerly known as American Bang. Slightly more rock than country, but went nowhere. So they ditched the 4th member and rechristened themselves The Cadillac Three and went with a more country (re:profitable?) flavor I guess.

Witchfinder wrote:
Also, Aaron Lewis is the former lead singer of Staind. He's a country artist now if you didn't know that (you probably didn't care either.)

That would be correct. On both counts.  Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Anyone ever see "Tommy Lee Goes back to College" ? ( Reality show )
I saw one show, Vince had his face all *&^%$#@ up by a operation - face lift -
There's a wild clip with Vince discussing - him seeing the ghost of his dead daughter - powerful -
Nikki going out with sexy Katt the tattooist -  humble they seemed like a good pair -
now she's with Jesse James or someone like that ?????
and of course Mick - laying low - keeping out of trouble - as always -
"DIRT" was the best rock book that I have ever read -
All the other books they wrote were bad - but amusing -
There's a youtube clip - Rob Zombie singing God Of Thunder, with Tommy on drums,
Slash on guitar - Anthrax dude on a axe bass -
Ace played too - but Slash also played circles with a solo....made Ace look bad - it's a great clip -
I though Vinces solo cd " Exposed " was great - with Stevie Stevens on guitar -
Motley Crue hiring that guy to replace Vince - ha ha ha - that tour didn't last long -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Hey Glower, ever try decaf? It's just as good as regular.  What a Face 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:00 pm

I did have a 5 hour power nip - and then a coca cola for lunch - happy 
sitting here at work, large building, in a cubicle, killing 3 hours - love this site !
Wish they had more forums to choose from -
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:17 pm

I saw them in 1990 and swore never to pay to see them again.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

07. BIG & RICH - "SOS"

Quote :

Ugh. What's wrong with people?

Quote :
"Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe" is likely to sell between 28,000 and 31,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on August 19 via Big Machine Records. The chart will be unveiled on Wednesday, August 27.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

07. BIG & RICH - "SOS"

Quote :

Ugh. What's wrong with people?

Quote :
"Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe" is likely to sell between 28,000 and 31,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on August 19 via Big Machine Records. The chart will be unveiled on Wednesday, August 27.

Country Music is big business these days (especially the concert tours)..... I have also met a good number of people who were pop metal fans back in the day that became huge country music fans.... Current country music also has a female fan base that rivals the number of female fans of glam/pop metal back in the day...... Some of these female fans that love country and were huge pop metal fans (and probably still go to the Motley Crue gigs) were at target, best buy oir wally world and had to quickly change their panties when they saw their current favorites playing the hits of a favorite from back in the day.... dropped it in the shopping cart and bam - instant hit album.

Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:31 am

Motley Crue are an American institution. If you weren't there at the time, you can't appreciate the impact that Shout at the Devil had when it was released. They may not be that great now, but darn it, that album had really good production, terrific anthemic songwriting and a laser-like guitar tone that's never been replicated by any band including them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 am

I know it's big business. I just hate to admit it. *sigh*.  Smile 

We just had some big shows in my town where country artist Luke Bryan (WHO?) sold out the Eagles Football Stadium (75,000+). Other country artists regularly fill the Phillies Ball Park too (45,000+). They are a huge concert draw, no doubt. The "modern country fans" are definitely the "pop metal fans" of 2014. Seeing the chicks in Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots tailgating is a plus though.

Here's the weird thing though. The other night I was working at the Phillies game and it was "Country Night". All night between innings, they played this horrible modern country music. As the discussion in the control room turned to the music itself, the younger folks in the room that "loved country music" had no idea who the older acts like George Jones, Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings etc. were. I thought that was so weird. They had no clue.

I don't say they have to love the old stuff, but geez, at least know the roots, ya know. It's like those dinks that say they "love rock and metal" yet have no clue who Led Zeppelin or Judas Priest are.

Pfft, kids these days. Now get off my lawn.  angry 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
We just had some big shows in my town where country artist Luke Bryan (WHO?) sold out the Eagles Football Stadium (75,000+). Other country artists regularly fill the Phillies Ball Park too (45,000+). They are a huge concert draw, no doubt. The "modern country fans" are definitely the "pop metal fans" of 2014. Seeing the chicks in Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots tailgating is a plus though.

I believe he was here at Heinz Filed not too long ago. Now do the country fans trash the parking lots and surrounding areas like they do around here ? They've had some trouble with these last few shows.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:53 am

The label that this album is on is also the hottest label in country right now. I am sure their marketing machine is pushing this thing like crazy. Also, at least 5 of the artists on this are some of the biggest acts in country right now - I am including Darius (Hootie) Rucker in this. I've actually seen two of these acts live as well - this is what happens when your wife is a country fan.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The label that this album is on is also the hottest label in country right now.  I am sure their marketing machine is pushing this thing like crazy.  Also, at least 5 of the artists on this are some of the biggest acts in country right now - I am including Darius (Hootie) Rucker in this.  I've actually seen two of these acts live as well - this is what happens when your wife is a country fan.  

Sorry to hear that.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue planning to hang it up
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next