Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue planning to hang it up

Go down 
+37
Short-Fuse
Big Rich
Glower
Smindas
Witchfinder
journeyman
James B.
mlotek
Metal Misfit
exact33
krokus
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
nevermore
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
jstate
MoonChild
manny
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Sword Of The Heretic
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
The label that this album is on is also the hottest label in country right now.  I am sure their marketing machine is pushing this thing like crazy.  Also, at least 5 of the artists on this are some of the biggest acts in country right now - I am including Darius (Hootie) Rucker in this.  I've actually seen two of these acts live as well - this is what happens when your wife is a country fan.  

Sorry to hear that.  lol! 

I was just going to say the same thing LOL!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Some nights at the campground, coworkers play current country and it seems to me that it's just merely 80's pop metal songwriting with twangy guitar and vocals.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:32 pm

James B. wrote:
Some nights at the campground, coworkers play current country and it seems to me that it's just merely 80's pop metal songwriting with twangy guitar and vocals.

That's EXACTLY what it is....80s pop metal/AOR songwriting just "twanged" up...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

James B. wrote:

I'd say that's not too far off the mark. Swap out "on a steel horse I ride" with "my ol' pick-up truck" and Wild Turkey instead of Jack Daniels. Keep in any and all references to chicks.

007 wrote:
I believe he was here at Heinz Filed not too long ago. Now do the country fans trash the parking lots and surrounding areas like they do around here ? They've had some trouble with these last few shows.

As far as I know, they've been a pretty tame lot. No problems that I'm aware of.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Country Music is big business these days (especially the concert tours)..... I have also met a good number of people who were pop metal fans back in the day that became huge country music fans.... Current country music also has a female fan base that rivals the number of female fans of glam/pop metal back in the day...... Some of these female fans that love country and were huge pop metal fans (and probably still go to the Motley Crue gigs) were at target, best buy oir wally world and had to quickly change their panties when they saw their current favorites playing the hits of a favorite from back in the day.... dropped it in the shopping cart and bam - instant hit album.

Yeah, there seems to be a good crossover between fans of the current country music scene and '80s pop metal. Soccer mom thing, I guess. Even a few female country music artists have covered hair bands. Carrie Underwood has performed Def Leppard & Skid Row songs in concert and didn't she do an unplugged show with Def Leppard years back?

I listened to the preview of this album on iTunes. Some of them actually sound okay, some sound awful. Even though the album wasn't done for Motley fans, I still plan on checking it out. I'm more concerned with them releasing a studio cut of "All Bad Things Must End" for purchase though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Quote :

Quote :
That's EXACTLY what it is....80s pop metal/AOR songwriting just "twanged" up...

Yup, and yet, "Ronnie Lee Keel" couldnt' make a go of it. Go figure. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Keel made the jump too quick. He tried to go from hair metal rocker to good ol' country boy overnight. Guys like Bret Michaels and Jon Bon Jovi made a more gradual transition that before you knew it, they were blasting out of more F-150's than rusted-out Camaros. Razz 

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
The label that this album is on is also the hottest label in country right now.  I am sure their marketing machine is pushing this thing like crazy.  Also, at least 5 of the artists on this are some of the biggest acts in country right now - I am including Darius (Hootie) Rucker in this.  I've actually seen two of these acts live as well - this is what happens when your wife is a country fan.  

Sorry to hear that.  lol! 

I was just going to say the same thing LOL!

Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Anyone want to watch Vince stumble his way through the National Anthem at his new football team's first game? Sure you do...

Way to put in the least possible amount of effort there, Vince. It's not like you own the team or anything.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone want to watch Vince stumble his way through the National Anthem at his new football team's first game? Sure you do...

Way to put in the least possible amount of effort there, Vince. It's not like you own the team or anything.

Wow, I was disappointed.  That wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. He got most of the words right and stayed more or less with the melody.  Most importantly he didn't feel the need to turn every single note of the song into 15 notes and warble all over the place.  And it was quick.  I hate the long, drawn out versions of the anthem where it's obvious the singer is wallowing in their own importance.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:32 pm

How much studio magic does it take to make this guy sound decent? I would even put Ozzy a few notches above him.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:47 pm

I think he sounds better than DLR on those Kimmel clips.

But I agree, I think they've always tweaked Vince's voice in the studio.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wow, I was disappointed.  That wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. He got most of the words right and stayed more or less with the melody.  Most importantly he didn't feel the need to turn every single note of the song into 15 notes and warble all over the place.  And it was quick.  I hate the long, drawn out versions of the anthem where it's obvious the singer is wallowing in their own importance.

Not nearly as bad? Haha. I posted this on Facebook and said, "Well, that was a lot worse than expected." lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Not nearly as bad? Haha. I posted this on Facebook and said, "Well, that was a lot worse than expected." lol!

he gave Rosanne a run for her money on this one...

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:55 am

This version of the Star Spangled Banner will obviously not be supplanting Whitney Houston's version before Super Bowl XXV in 1991. As much as I love the first two albums of Mötley Crüe, how the hell has Vince Neil been able to sustain a career behind the mic? Was he never a good singer to begin with? Were producers able to hide his shortcomings? I know he was never a great singer, but I like his vocals on the first two albums. It seems like he was able to hold his own. All I know is, there have been many YouTube Mötley Crüe shows or solo concerts, where his voices sounds like total ass. As bad as David Lee Roth sounded on Jimmy Kimmell this week, that performance sounds God like compared to this abomination.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 5:06 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm sorry for saying this, but thank God and hope it's for good.

lol! I agree 100%

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 10:42 am

Sorry for the Zombie thread, but I figured this belonged here instead of starting a new one.

http://sleazeroxx.com/motley-crue-to-release-motley-crue-the-end-box-set-on-november-25th/

The price isn't bad for six albums and six discs; if you bought them separately it would easily cost you over $200 at a store for just the albums. The packaging is pretty neat but my gripe is they are ignoring a few albums and not giving any rare demos or b sides. Maybe whatever was in the MC vaults got used for the Crucial Crue re masters some years back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 11:46 am

A large "Meh." in their direction. Even if they did include all the albums. I've got other things I'd rather spend my money on.

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue planning to hang it up
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5