Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue planning to hang it up

Go down 
+37
Short-Fuse
Big Rich
Glower
Smindas
Witchfinder
journeyman
James B.
mlotek
Metal Misfit
exact33
krokus
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
nevermore
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
jstate
MoonChild
manny
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Sword Of The Heretic
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
The world has Girls, Girls, Girls so pole dancers word wide have something to dance to.

I'd say that they have made their contribution to the world and we don't need anything else from these guys.

You just posted in another thread that you liked the Kelly Osbourne album. Your opinions on music have now plummeted faster than a fat kid on a water slide.  blech 

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 pm

I remember when Ozzy retired back in the 1990's.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I remember when Ozzy retired back in the 1990's.

Yup. The "No More Tours" tour. I've seen him solo or w/Sabbath about 5 times since then. Saw KISS twice since they "retired" back in '96 too. Cool 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

"I" think Mötley Crüe might be the only band that has gotten a free pass from myself to suck if they want to throughout the rest of their career, because I hold their first two records in such high esteem. Sometime in the early 90's, I accepted the fact that this band would never recapture that greatness.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Honestly, I can't think of a single band that, if they "retired", would actually affect me at all...haha!  lol! 

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Honestly, I can't think of a single band that, if they "retired", would actually affect me at all...haha!  lol! 

I can think of many bands if they retired would affect me, cause I wouldn't have to spend money on their stuff anymore.  Laughing 

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
The world has Girls, Girls, Girls so pole dancers word wide have something to dance to.

I'd say that they have made their contribution to the world and we don't need anything else from these guys.

You just posted in another thread that you liked the Kelly Osbourne album. Your opinions on music have now plummeted faster than a fat kid on a water slide.  blech 

Laughing very hard 

Fair point, however I just think that Kelly's stuff is more enjoyable trash than Motley. I even think that their "great" records are garbage.

I'm the first to admit that the Kelly stuff is bad, I don't even know why I like it!  surprised 
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 pm

I think its time...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Fair point, however I just think that Kelly's stuff is more enjoyable trash than Motley.

That's a remarkable statement. I hope you're not a fan of Paris Hilton's music also.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 am

Their last album SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES is an amazing album, best since DR.FEELGOOD. Its specialy a great album if you have read THE DIRT because the lirics of SOLA are based on that. Great album and great songs. I thought they signed a contract of 10.000.000 dollars for 3 albums before releasing SAINTS.....?????
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Didnt the Scorpions just retire? and Running Wild?

They will make a lot of cash selling this as a retirement tour and when they run out of money they will make a lot on their reunion tour.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:11 am

krokus wrote:
Their last album SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES is an amazing album, best since DR.FEELGOOD.

But 'Dr. Feelgood' sucks...  lol! 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
krokus wrote:
Their last album SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES is an amazing album, best since DR.FEELGOOD.

I dont agree of course  Laughing . I think its even better than GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, it has more good songs on it. I never cared about the song DR.FEELGOOD very much but most of the rest of the songs are very good imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:13 pm

krokus wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
krokus wrote:

I dont agree of course  Laughing . I think its even better than GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, it has more good songs on it. I never cared about the song DR.FEELGOOD very much but most of the rest of the songs are very good imo.

I like Dr. Feelgood ok enough, but I haven't played it in some time. Too burned out on it. When that was a new release, I played the hell out of it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:18 pm

exact33 wrote:

They will make a lot of cash selling this as a retirement tour and when they run out of money they will make a lot on their reunion tour.

While they collectively deny he's the reason, I still think it's mostly because of Mick's health. He died 5 years ago and everyone forgot to tell him.

His website says he's 62, but I'm willing to bet they've shaved a few years off of that. Yea, he's older than the rest of the band, but he was out playing in the 70's before he started in with the Crue. It wouldn't surprise me if he was closer to 67 or 68.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

While they collectively deny he's the reason, I still think it's mostly because of Mick's health. He died 5 years ago and everyone forgot to tell him.

His website says he's 62, but I'm willing to bet they've shaved a few years off of that. Yea, he's older than the rest of the band, but he was out playing in the 70's before he started in with the Crue. It wouldn't surprise me if he was closer to 67 or 68.

I am sure he is in his mid 60's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Somewhere in a basement in Haiti is a jar with Mick Mars heart in it, re-animated by the local voodoo priest so he can remain on tour.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Somewhere in a basement in Haiti is a jar with Mick Mars heart in it, re-animated by the local voodoo priest so he can remain on tour.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I love the Crue, their live show and even their most recent new material but I don't have a problem with this. I don't really see them as a band, more like a group of guys that get together when they want a good payday. I'm more interested in what Nikki does with Sixx:AM.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 am

Eddie Trunk apparently sent out this tweet...
Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 BeMQaV0IUAAfzA_

Alice & Motley? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am

Cool poster!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:48 pm

I used to be all about Crue when I was a kid. Feelgood was my favorite album. Kickstart My Heart was a daily anthem. Theater of Pain was a better album than everyone let on. Etc. I don't know what happened along the way, but they just suck now. Hell, Vince Neil's solo album was a better project than Feelgood, but I still can't stand his whining, nasily voice. So I tried the other day to revisit everything and yup, it still sucks except for the first two albums. And Corabi's Crue. That was brilliant. Still not tired of that album. Too bad they didn't choose a different name and get better label support. All hail the mighty Corabi.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I've got a note from my mum which excuses me from hailing the mighty Corabi. Honest!  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eddie Trunk apparently sent out this tweet...
Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 BeMQaV0IUAAfzA_

Alice & Motley? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

If true, I need to see this concert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue planning to hang it up
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next