Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.

Go down 
+42
jstate
Thrasher73
metalinmyveins
DakotaRogers
rajah
Hamer12
Citanul
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Lari
Required Fields
candlemass
chewie
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
sovdat
Eyesore
bass63
MetalRob331
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
krokus
SideShowDisaSter
metalhead777
jettafiend
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Temple of Blood
Sword Of The Heretic
manny
mc666
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
BearOnUnicycle
choosemetal
corplhicks
ultmetal
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Ultimatum - Into the Pit is fantastic but the newest 4 tracks are amazing.

Thanks. I actually think Into the Pit through Heart of Metal is our best period as well. I am quite proud of the new songs on Heart of Metal. Wish we could have swung a completely new album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
Motörhead for me. I think the albums they've released with their current line up are way better than anything from their classic era.

Yeah one of my first albums was Inferno and I find myself grabbing that more than their classic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Thanks. I actually think Into the Pit through Heart of Metal is our best period as well. I am quite proud of the new songs on Heart of Metal. Wish we could have swung a completely new album.

How do you guys record these days? It doesn't cost much to get a recording rig going in your basement.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

How do you guys record these days?  It doesn't cost much to get a recording rig going in your basement.

Old school. We go into the studio and hire an engineer to do it. Ysidro Garcia at Sight 16 Studios has produced everything since Into the Pit.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 pm

The first one that came to mind is Nevermore. I enjoy their latter work much more than their debut & follow-up. Or Sanctuary for that matter.

I like latter day Flotsam & Jetsam too. Stuff like High and My God get much more airplay from me than Doomsday for the Deceiver.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't listen to new 'deth more then the early output but way more then Cryptic and Risk.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm tempted to say Saint, but I'm not sure the new stuff is better. It is remarkably good, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I don't listen to new 'deth more then the early output but way more then Cryptic and Risk.

If I'm listening to more modern-day Megadeth (or Motorhead) these days, it's only because the old stuff is so ingrained in my conscienceness that I feel a need to mix it up a little. Not so much a preference as it is a case of necessity.  Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 506406 

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Helloween. The early stuff is very good, with some absolutely brilliant songs, but from Master of the Rings on, they just slay.

I'm sort of with ya on Ministry if you're talking about their "dance music" early days. But IMO nothing they've put out after Psalm 69 even comes close to that album. The period of "Land Of Rape And Honey", "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste" and Psalm 69 blows away anything by Ministry before or since IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The period of "Land Of Rape And Honey", "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste" and Psalm 69 blows away anything by Ministry before or since IMO.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Fates Warning - For some reason I prefer the darker stuff from A Pleasant Shade Of Gray to FWX. I don't have the new one, yet, for me to comment on. It just connects with me better than the earlier stuff.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

I still prefer "Puppet of Destruction" over all...what is this "Heart of Metal", other than the song?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Saxon, perhaps Accept as well, from what I've heard from "Blood of the Nations", still need to get that one...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Geoff Tate's latest work in Queensryche has been far beyond the first four albums.

No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 pm

argh yes Hirax

A band I've for such a long, long, loooooong time been wanting to get into. But right now, ultmetal was the final straw and I ordered New Age of Terror.

Mind you, I am not the biggest thrash lover there is, I just like good speed/thrash/power metal like Anthrax, Testament, early Helloween, Blind Guardian
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm tempted to put Blind Guardian here, because I typically gravitate towards their mid to late era stuff. But I wouldn't necessarily say it's objectively "better."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:04 am

I guess I could throw Pink Floyd into this category.

Their work with Syd and the few follow-up albums are interesting, but they didn't seem to find their "sound" until Meddle. After that, they hit the mark and those albums (Dark Side, Animals, etc.) get way more play than their eariler psychadelia.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:17 pm

DEATH ANGEL and TESTAMENT new albums are better than a lot of the older ones. Also OVERKILL last two albums are amazing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 pm

candlemass wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

I still prefer "Puppet of Destruction" over all...what is this "Heart of Metal", other than the song?

The Heart of Metal CD from 2012 has four new songs that we recorded for that album.
Blood on a Thousand Hills, Scattered (Body Parts), Hook Line & Sinker & Rip ‘n’ Tear

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Oh yea, four new ones and the rest re-fried beans, yes?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:28 pm

candlemass wrote:
Oh yea, four new ones and the rest re-fried beans, yes?

Yes, remixes, re-recorded tracks, etc. It's a 20 year compilation.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm

krokus wrote:
DEATH ANGEL and TESTAMENT new albums are better than a lot of the older ones. Also OVERKILL last two albums are amazing.

I like some of the new stuff by both Testament (Dark Roots of the Earth) and Overkill (Ironbound), but I just can't put them on the level of stuff like Practice What You Preach and The Years of Decay.

They are really good though. Both bands continue to put out stuff worthy of their legacy and worth picking up, for sure. Even if they don't quite equal their old stuff, at least they're still around kicking all kinds of booty.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Converge applies here for me. I like their early material, but my favorites are all newer albums (All You Love We Leave Behind / You Fail Me).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:03 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
krokus wrote:

I like some of the new stuff by both Testament (Dark Roots of the Earth) and Overkill (Ironbound), but I just can't put them on the level of stuff like Practice What You Preach and The Years of Decay.

They are really good though. Both bands continue to put out stuff worthy of their legacy and worth picking up, for sure. Even if they don't quite equal their old stuff, at least they're still around kicking all kinds of booty.  headbanger 

I like Dark Roots as much as the early stuff - fantastic album!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:22 am

Saxon
Joan Jett
Doro
Pretty maids
Rush
LA Guns
W.A.S.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next