Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material

Go down 
+9
mikeinfla
Boris2008
the sentinel
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Highway Star
Fat Freddy
glassprison
13 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Empty
PostSubject: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 am

What do you guys think of this type of project? Personally, I was on board as soon as I heard Loud Lion channeling Def Leppard as conspicuously as possible.

Klassik '78 is another incarnation. As a KISS fan I think I like this a bit *too* much! They do a great job, especially on the Gene-inspired songs. It would be great to see them at a KISS convention (I think they've started playing them) or, better, on tour with Klown!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:07 am

Holy crap. That's spooky. They got that vintage Kiss sound down!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 7:48 am

I bought the cd and I really like it a lot. Even the production sounds like 70’s KISS.
Sleeze roxx has a pretty good interview with them.

http://sleazeroxx.com/interviews/klassik-78-interview/
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 am

I guess it is like what Gruesome does with Death or YYNot does with Rush.

I have to admit I love what they do, but maybe I shouldn't???? I don't know if music has much of a future when this becomes the best stuff around.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Now THAT is awesome! Sounds like lost KISS recordings. I'll have to track this down.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 8:59 pm

007 wrote:
Now THAT is awesome! Sounds like lost KISS recordings. I'll have to track this down.

Me too!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Damn, that is uncanny! If I didn't know better I could easily be convinced this was some lost Kiss recordings or demos. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 pm

If this lot could write songs, Maiden could retire!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 pm

That's awesome!! I love bands that have a sound like other bands and don't just play covers... Tell me more!! Are there other bands like this?? And what is this Loud Lion you speak of?!?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm

I also enjoy these guys. They are prob the best Rush tribute out there

But I'd like to hear more original material from bands like this. A few years ago on one of the forums someone posted a band that did original songs in the style of Pink Floyd. They were awesome but I forget who it was and never could find the band again.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Awesome. Me likey!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 am

Quote :
And what is this Loud Lion you speak of?!?

They are (were?) a project band led by a Bleu (a pop/rock artist I had never heard of until LL). The other musicians are culled from The Donnas, Bang Camaro and Rihanna's touring band. They basically aimed to do tribute to Hysteria-era Def Leppard, and I think largely succeeded, even if the production comes up short for obvious and understandable budget reasons. Here are a few of my favorite tracks from them:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 am

Quote :
A few years ago on one of the forums someone posted a band that did original songs in the style of Pink Floyd.

Was that Think Floyd?

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 6:32 am

That might be them GP. I like a good cover band but like them even better when they do original material in the style of popular bands. That Klassik 78 is pretty cool. Would be cool to find a Doors band like that.

Randy Hansen is another i enjoy a lot but I don't think he does original material.

Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 2:22 am

It's too weird for me. I want to hear Kiss doing Kiss. Not a complete rip off band who sounds exactly like Kiss playing original material.

I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 2:46 am

Boris2008 wrote:

If this lot could write songs, Maiden could retire!

They're good! They sure got the maiden sound down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 am

I think I mentioned these guys awhile back in the official KISS thread, but these guys do the whole "classic-era sound of KISS" too. The vocals aren't as spot-on as the other guys, but the music's pretty sweet.

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-n-Roll/dp/B001GYXB1Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1230163936&sr=8-4

Get their cd for $5 at CDBaby...
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/1977

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am

Thanks for reposting that 1977 album link! I must have missed it in the long KISS thread. I'll probably pick up the album soon.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 pm

These kids wanna be Zeppelin real bad!!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am

New video where we can actually see them:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:54 am

I wasn't aware they recorded an album back in 2008.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/1977
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material    Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klassik '78 / Tribute Bands Doing Original Material
Page 1 of 1