Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eagles solo material

Go down 
+5
stepcousin
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Schbopo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Eagles solo material Empty
PostSubject: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 pm

I think I prefer the solo stuff of the Eagles members than the actual Eagles stuff.

Don Henley's material is probably the most well known. Most of it is pretty basic pop-rock, but it's good. He's got a very unique voice and writes great songs. All you really need from him is "Actual Miles: Greatest Hits". It's got pretty much ever good song he did plus some new ones.

Joe Walsh also had a lot of success, and is probably my favorite of the bunch. His stuff is great blues-rock that benefits from his skill at guitar, distinctly nasally voice, and wicked sense of humor. I mean, how can you not love an album called "You Bought It, You Name It"? Laughing very hard

Glenn Frey also had some really cool stuff. Remember the Miami Vice theme? That was awesome. Some of his albums stick pretty close to the Eagles formula, but stuff like "The Allnighter" has a much cooler, hard-rocking feel to it.

The only things I know by Don Felder are those two songs on the Heavy Metal soundtrack, but I love them. Very hard rock, and fit right into the film. So, I can't really give an opinion on him based on these songs alone, but if they're any indication of his career, I might have to look into it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I think Timothy B Schmitt had a solo outing as well.

Didn't Joe also have an album called something like "The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get"?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:25 pm

I've never been much of an Eagles fan. As for the solo material, I like the hits well enough not to change the station, but I've never owned anything.

If I had to pick one though, it would probably be Joe Walsh. I like his playing and I think he's a pretty funny guy. And I do like his work in The James Gang. I remember my old roommate had a Joe Walsh Greatest Hits cd that he'd play from time to time. It wasn't bad.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

I like The Eagles, but I'm not at all familiar with their solo work. I'd like to check it out sometime though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I like The Eagles, but I'm not at all familiar with their solo work. I'd like to check it out sometime though.

You have to know Don Henley's solo stuff MB; it's inescapable on the radio.

"Boys Of Summer", "Last Worthless Evening", "Dirty Laundry", "All She Wants To Do Is Dance", "The Heart Of the Matter"...

The guy has written a ton of solo hits.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:20 pm

You cant really consider the bulk of Joe Walsh's music "solo" as he made most of it pryor to joining the Eagles. I much rather prefer the Eagles as a whole than their solo albums. But I love Joe's 70's output and James Gang.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 am

I like Don Henley's stuff, and definitely love Joe Walsh. Still, I prefer the Eagles material better. As far as Glenn Fry, I felt he was the less talented of the bunch, eventhough the stuff off of The Allnighter is pretty good. Not much else from him interested me, though. By the way, he did write "Smuggler's Blues" which was featured in Miami Vice, but the actual Theme from the show by was Jan Hammer (I think that is how you spell it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 pm

I like Don the best but like Neuropet, I prefer the Eagles material. It's more consistent.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 pm

I prefer Glen's and Joe's solo stuff, The Confessor is a kick arse tune. I have all the Glen and Joe stuff but nothing from Henley b/c I don't like it. I got a few from Tim and Felder but mostly from soundtracks ie. Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

I just saw Timothy B. Schmitt at a local theater w/ the ol' lady recently. He had a great band, did some of his Eagle's stuff and quite a few Poco songs as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

I like most of the Eagles stuff and some of the solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
I prefer Glen's and Joe's solo stuff, The Confessor is a kick arse tune. I have all the Glen and Joe stuff but nothing from Henley b/c I don't like it. I got a few from Tim and Felder but mostly from soundtracks ie. Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

A..."Fast Times at Ridgemont Hight". Good soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Neuropete wrote:
akeldama wrote:

That is a great soundtrack. I used to think the Cars' "Moving In Stereo" was a boring song. I stopped thinking that after I saw the movie.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Neuropete wrote:
akeldama wrote:

That is a great soundtrack. I used to think the Cars' "Moving In Stereo" was a boring song. I stopped thinking that after I saw the movie.

As I had mentioned in another post... I still can't listen to that song without thinking of Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool. Whoooowwwwzzzeeer. Eagles solo material Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles solo material   Eagles solo material Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eagles solo material
Page 1 of 1