Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.

Go down 
+42
jstate
Thrasher73
metalinmyveins
DakotaRogers
rajah
Hamer12
Citanul
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Lari
Required Fields
candlemass
chewie
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
sovdat
Eyesore
bass63
MetalRob331
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
krokus
SideShowDisaSter
metalhead777
jettafiend
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Temple of Blood
Sword Of The Heretic
manny
mc666
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
BearOnUnicycle
choosemetal
corplhicks
ultmetal
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:06 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Tankard has always improved IMO..STAY THIRSTY!

I need some Tankard. Where should I start?

Tough call. I have quite a few of their releases and they all are great, imo. Maybe The Beauty And The Beer. Good stuff on it !
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

jstate wrote:
As much of a fan as I am of Exodus (including the stuff most people hate) I do have to say I agree with liking the newer stuff better.  I'm certainly more likely to go for those than the older ones these days.

Yeah I agree, I thought Tempo of the Damned and Exhibit B, were a lot better than their first few.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 am

007 wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Tankard has always improved IMO..STAY THIRSTY!

I need some Tankard. Where should I start?

Tough call. I have quite a few of their releases and they all are great, imo. Maybe The Beauty And The Beer. Good stuff on it !

Great! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
A lot of the bands listed I can agree with are just as good as the classics.Overkill,Testament,Death Angel,Kreator etc.Not better but just as good.I like newer Hirax better.Like Ult said,I think New Age of Terror is their best.Death would be another good example.Sounds of Perserverance is their best work,IMO.Ill also throw in Shadows Fall.I think they've really evolved over the years into a great metal band.

I second Shadows Fall 100%. Never mind that 2 members also played/play in Anthrax
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm

I think some of you might think I'm crazy but

Dream Theater..... the newer stuff from the last 7-8 years is heavier and I dig it more than their earlier stuff... of course the first album I bought was Train of Thought....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:22 pm

At first I thought none but then I remember that a lot of 90s death metal bands are writing really good songs for a change: ORIGIN, KRISIUN, and I am tempted to say NILE are writing better songs than ever.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

I think some of you might think I'm crazy but

Dream Theater.....  the newer stuff from the last 7-8 years is heavier and I dig it more than their earlier stuff... of course the first album I bought was Train of Thought....
The last album I bought was Inner Turbulence.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better than their early/old material.

For me, I love bands like Aerosmith, UFO and Judas Priest, but I'd be lying if I said I like their newer material more than their early stuff.

However, though many disagree with me, I much prefer newer releases from Hirax, Sodom, Accuser and Kreator than their early material.
Hirax - New Age of Terror is their best album IMO.
Kreator, their last few albums have been outstanding IMO.
Accuser, the last three albums have been killer! All have made my top 10 albums in those years.
Sodom, is there a better Sodom album than M-16 or Code Red?

Motorhead their recent stuff is so much better than their "classic" era except for Another perfect Day that would be just as good. Also Overkill their albums over the past 15 years were better than their 80s and early 90s albums.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Pretty maids
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 am

Helloween.

Their last albums, since DARK RIDE have been excellent.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 am

Just thought of this. Voivod. Their last four are way better than their first three.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Ultimatum - Into the Pit is fantastic but the newest 4 tracks are amazing.

Thanks. I actually think Into the Pit through Heart of Metal is our best period as well. I am quite proud of the new songs on Heart of Metal. Wish we could have swung a completely new album.

Definitely! The last thing that I really heard was that you all were waiting for Alan's arm to heal. How is he doing?
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:20 pm

I personally prefer newer Napalm Death to their earlier material. I think it feels like they've settled on the more punk based side of grind rather than a blastbeat filled mess that most of the genre happens to be.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:58 am

Post-2000 Maiden albums are at least as good as the classics and better than some. The new Black Sabbath would have stood well along side Vol. 4 or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath were it not for the nostalgia factor. Motorhead's last 5 or 6 albums are easily as good as most of their early stuff, besides perhaps Overkill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.   Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name some bands who have been around for more than a decade and you like their new material better.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5