Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 am

Saw III

Much gorier than the first 2 and far less believable.  By this time the traps have gotten way too complex to be realistic (except the freezing trap) and the plotlines have started blurring.  On to Saw IV...

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 pm

The Truman Show
Like Crazy (2011)
Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Sons of Anarachy season 2
Game of Thrones season 3
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Wurthless wrote:

Like Crazy (2011)
Refreshingly honest and avoids the standard romantic cliches, Felicity Jones is tremendous.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Like Crazy (2011)
Refreshingly honest and avoids the standard romantic cliches, Felicity Jones is tremendous.  
I'd have to agree. Something about the relationship between Anna and Jacob in the movie just feels real. I also really like the ambiguous ending, too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Main Event
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Star Trek - Enterprise Season 1

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Finished up:

Californication - season 6
Shameless - season 3

Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Sudden Impact
White House Down
The Fbi Season 1 Part 1
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 pm

007 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
007 wrote:
Family Guy (what on earth was that?)
I read that future Family Guy plotlines include Brian, so I'm guessing that Stewie rebuilds his time machine, or the episode has a second part which reveals it to be a dream or simulation.
Well, we'll find out soon enough. That was a very strange episode,so totally out of left field.
Towards the bottom, future Family Guy plotlines and episode titles are revealed.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Family_Guy_episodes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:05 am

Haunted Highway
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:26 am

The Thanksgiving dishes are cleared away and that means it's time to start kickin' the annual Twisted Christmas film festival. First up...

"Jack Frost" (1997)

In this tongue-in-cheek comic horror cult classic, it's a few days before Christmas and a serial killer on his way to the execution chamber has a run-in with some experimental genetic material, which turns him into a psycho Frosty. Once he's transformed, he seeks revenge on the cop who put him away in the first place.

...Seriously. I'm not makin' this sh*t up.

This hilarious (on purpose) flick makes the most out of its low budget, dumb as hell premise and no-name cast (featuring a pre-"American Pie" Shannon Elizabeth as the town tramp).

Obviously this is not to be confused with the family-friendly film by the same name which starred Michael Keaton that came out about a year after this... though I hear the Keaton movie is pretty horrific in its own right. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The Thanksgiving dishes are cleared away and that means it's time to start kickin' the annual Twisted Christmas film festival. First up...

"Jack Frost" (1997)

In this tongue-in-cheek comic horror cult classic, it's a few days before Christmas and a serial killer on his way to the execution chamber has a run-in with some experimental genetic material, which turns him into a psycho Frosty. Once he's transformed, he seeks revenge on the cop who put him away in the first place.

...Seriously. I'm not makin' this sh*t up.

This hilarious (on purpose) flick makes the most out of its low budget, dumb as hell premise and no-name cast (featuring a pre-"American Pie" Shannon Elizabeth as the town tramp).

Obviously this is not to be confused with the family-friendly film by the same name which starred Michael Keaton that came out about a year after this... though I hear the Keaton movie is pretty horrific in its own right. Laughing very hard
LOVE this movie. A holiday tradition. Love his inexplicable transformation near the beginning.

The Keaton vehicle was equally creepy. That's not sarcasm there; I honestly did not feel well while watching it. Part of it was the artificial, forced, trite nature of the script, the other part was the actual snowman FX (or lack thereof). Just...gah. And his grown kid just kind of goes along with it. I have no idea how that movie got made.
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:48 am

Taps
Tears Of Enderment
Street Fire
This is Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 am

Lady Gaga and the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular

More Lady Gaga performances (mostly Muppet-free) than I was interested in, nothing close to enough Muppet material, and a lot of the Muppets just sound wrong to me with their new voices.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 am

Quote :
LOVE this movie. A holiday tradition. Love his inexplicable transformation near the beginning.

The Keaton vehicle was equally creepy. That's not sarcasm there; I honestly did not feel well while watching it. Part of it was the artificial, forced, trite nature of the script, the other part was the actual snowman FX (or lack thereof). Just...gah. And his grown kid just kind of goes along with it. I have no idea how that movie got made.
I bought a cheap horror 12-pack DVD set a while ago that has "Jack Frost 2" on it so when the first one turned up on Netflix last night I sez "Well, y'know, I really should revisit the original again before I watch the sequel, to make sure I'm caught up on all the (ahem) back story." Laughing very hard

I hadn't seen "JF" since it first came out on VHS years 'n' years ago (remember that cool ass lenticular/holographic box cover?)... still a hoot. What makes it extra hilarious is that despite the ridiculous concept, the cast all play it totally straight as if they're in a "real" horror movie.

I also didn't even realize that Shannon Elizabeth was in it (but then, she would've still been a nobody when I last saw this...) ... she probably should've retired after this movie. I mean, hell, once you've been raped to death by a killer snowman, no other acting role in your career is ever going to come close to topping that Laughing very hard

Never seen the Keaton "Jack Frost" and I have no plans to!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 am

I think I'm gonna start the Toho Twisted Christmas marathon too. This year's selections:

Nightmare Before Christmas
Black Christmas
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Saint
Rare Exports
Gingerdead Man
Jeff Dunham Christmas Special

...and of course....

SANTA'S SLAY!!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:34 am

don't forget "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians".....

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 am

I can never make it through that one; it's sooo bad it's terrible.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
I love the theme song "Hooray for Santy Claus" though!! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I love the theme song "Hooray for Santy Claus" though!! Laughing very hard
I can only watch the MST3K version. Otherwise, snoooooooze.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 am

Quote :
Pfft. Tr00 arcayne cinematic steele such as this can only be truly enjoyed in its original non-MST3K form, ehehehehehehehehe

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Lola Versus (2012)

The always funny and endearing Greta Gerwig stars as a late 20-something New Yorker whose world collapses when her fiancee abruptly calls off the wedding.  The film functions more as a satire on the entitled Manhattan Hipsters than anything else with the cast having great fun piling on the cliches to skewer that particular group of people.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39582

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Gryphon-kl wrote:
Lady Gaga and the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular

More Lady Gaga performances (mostly Muppet-free) than I was interested in, nothing close to enough Muppet material, and a lot of the Muppets just sound wrong to me with their new voices.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39582

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Pfft. Tr00 arcayne cinematic steele such as this can only be truly enjoyed in its original non-MST3K form, ehehehehehehehehe

I gotta be the only person around that finds MST3K to be highly annoying and unfunny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next