Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have started listening to Christian Metal

Go down 
+38
Sword Of The Heretic
James B.
Svengo
choosemetal
Sutekh
jstate
manny
TheGreatDuck
kmorg
mc666
GrandNational
tul
jettafiend
SAHB Healer
Hadley
Lurideath
mr.electric39
MetallicSeminarian
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
bgsully
Addy
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Tur-Thalion
MoonChild
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stepcousin
Eyesore
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
Stender
corplhicks
Alex Dee Rokket
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

You can never go wrong with Deliverance !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Well, maybe Camelot and Assimilation but I pretend those don't exist.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 am

Addy wrote:
My first Christian Rock tape I got was Phil Keaggy's Play Thru Me it remains one of my favorite Christian Rock albums to this date.  My First Christian Metal tape was Stryper (Soliders, THWTD, TYABA) but I think my first taste of "extreme" Christian  Metal was Sacrament or Vengence Rising. I still listen to some of these oldies but goodies mostly depends on my mood. Deliverance is almost an always constant in my play lists.

Petra is a good one too. I do love Not of this World its a good album as is More Power To Ya, and Beat the System .  I got to see Petra live once, when I went to Creation 90 along with the Newsboys and Rachel Rachel and Whitecross.  It was at Creation I first heard of Tourniquet , I got Stop the Bleeding while at Creation just because I liked the album cover. I love that album

Ahhhh memories Smile

You know what was a horrible Petra album, though? The first one with John Schlitt, Back to the Street. My God, what a terrible mess that was. The songwriting lacked any power or melody that had been characteristics of previous albums. Worse was the understated, flat mix--and it was an Elefante production! Quite possibly the worst Christian rock album ever released. Everything else was gold. At least up until Beyond Belief.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:00 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well, maybe Camelot and Assimilation but I pretend those don't exist.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt ya know..... seriously though I think Jimmy pretends Assimilation doesn't exist too but I like it. I also like Camelot. But then again when it comes to the big D I love them all.

Quote :
Addy wrote:
My first Christian Rock tape I got was Phil Keaggy's Play Thru Me it remains one of my favorite Christian Rock albums to this date. My First Christian Metal tape was Stryper (Soliders, THWTD, TYABA) but I think my first taste of "extreme" Christian Metal was Sacrament or Vengence Rising. I still listen to some of these oldies but goodies mostly depends on my mood. Deliverance is almost an always constant in my play lists.

Petra is a good one too. I do love Not of this World its a good album as is More Power To Ya, and Beat the System . I got to see Petra live once, when I went to Creation 90 along with the Newsboys and Rachel Rachel and Whitecross. It was at Creation I first heard of Tourniquet , I got Stop the Bleeding while at Creation just because I liked the album cover. I love that album

Ahhhh memories Smile

You know what was a horrible Petra album, though? The first one with John Schlitt, Back to the Street. My God, what a terrible mess that was. The songwriting lacked any power or melody that had been characteristics of previous albums. Worse was the understated, flat mix--and it was an Elefante production! Quite possibly the worst Christian rock album ever released. Everything else was gold. At least up until Beyond Belief.
I like some of the Schlitt era stuff, maybe because of my age at the time alot of it is nostalgia for me. When ever I spin a Petra CD its normally something from the Voltz era. But the last album they did Jeckly and Hyde was not bad. On Fire is a good album too, for me This Means War is also good. They're pretty good live I saw them back in 1990 or 1991 I cant remember
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:12 am

corplhicks wrote:
Addy wrote:
My first Christian Rock tape I got was Phil Keaggy's Play Thru Me it remains one of my favorite Christian Rock albums to this date.  My First Christian Metal tape was Stryper (Soliders, THWTD, TYABA) but I think my first taste of "extreme" Christian  Metal was Sacrament or Vengence Rising. I still listen to some of these oldies but goodies mostly depends on my mood. Deliverance is almost an always constant in my play lists.

Petra is a good one too. I do love Not of this World its a good album as is More Power To Ya, and Beat the System .  I got to see Petra live once, when I went to Creation 90 along with the Newsboys and Rachel Rachel and Whitecross.  It was at Creation I first heard of Tourniquet , I got Stop the Bleeding while at Creation just because I liked the album cover. I love that album

Ahhhh memories Smile

I like Back to the Street (hate the production on it, though). I do think it's probably the weakest from their "golden" period (81-93).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 am

I like Back To The Street - much better than than Beat The System. I'm not a fan of Volz - don't like his voice.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 am

All the Schlitt era stuff is good to me. But agree with you Joker, I never cared for Volz.

As far as Deliverance goes,I like it all to some degree but the first 3 are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:48 am

I love Stay of Execution and Learn and River Disturbance had some good stuff. After that I wish he would've called it something else though As Above is quality.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I like Back To The Street - much better than than Beat The System. I'm not a fan of Volz - don't like his voice.
Beat the System was pretty cool, even though they tried to sound like Duran Duran. I thought it was memorable with some fairly anthemic material (IT IS FIN-ISHED!).

I can understand people not caring for Volz' voice. It's very plain and unremarkable. Schlitt was...well, Schlitt was the shit.

Best Petra albums, of course, were Beyond Belief and On Fire.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Beat the System was pretty cool, even though they tried to sound like Duran Duran. I thought it was memorable with some fairly anthemic material (IT IS FIN-ISHED!).

I can understand people not caring for Volz' voice. It's very plain and unremarkable. Schlitt was...well, Schlitt was the shit.

Nah, This Means War>On Fire.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:11 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Nah, This Means War>On Fire.
This Means War was indeed great and blew Back to the Streets away, but I dunno man On Fire was sheer hard rock with metallic moments and screaming vocals. It's such a wild album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I thought the vast majority were snooze-worthy, with a few good songs here and there. Beat

EDIT:

Beat the system was horrid, drum machines, programmed keyboards.....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I thought the vast majority were snooze-worthy, with a few good songs here and there. Beat

EDIT:

Beat the system was horrid, drum machines, programmed keyboards.....
But that music video!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I like em both. Both are different enough and the music is pretty different itself.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm

while more hard rock than metal, I have always enjoyed Idle Cure:

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Addy wrote:
You can never go wrong with Deliverance !!!!!!!
TRUTH. headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:39 pm

exact33 wrote:
while more hard rock than metal, I have always enjoyed Idle Cure:

Idle Cure has long been one of my very favorite bands! Not a bad album in the bunch!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:01 pm

Consider the times it came out..... Beat the System that is.....

I just read a list on Yahoo about the top 10 Christian Rock/Metal bands and Deliverance wasnt mentioned at all. I was pretty disgusted with that omission. While bands such as Barren Cross, Whitecross, Rez, Stryper, Bloodgood were all mentioned which I guess was fine I disagreed with bands such as Bride (I like 1 album by them) I mean Deliverance wasnt even on an honorable mention I mean WTF!!!!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 pm

I think I saw them in a list here in this thread but I really like Extol especially the first three albums.
I was pretty stoked to see a while back that they decided to make another album.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:36 pm

corplhicks wrote:

But that music video!

Laughing very hard Priceless!!

I remember years 'n' years ago, I walked into a newly-opened Christian book/music store near my college and asked the girl behind the counter if they had any stuff by Christian metal bands... her reply was "Hummm... I think we've got some Petra."

I think I offended her when I replied "PETRA ISN'T METAL!" in a horrified tone of voice. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Svengo wrote:
I think I saw them in a list here in this thread but I really like Extol especially the first three albums.
I was pretty stoked to see a while back that they decided to make another album.

the new extol is great. It has a lot of staying power.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

But that music video!

Laughing very hard Priceless!!

I remember years 'n' years ago, I walked into a newly-opened Christian book/music store near my college and asked the girl behind the counter if they had any stuff by Christian metal bands... her reply was "Hummm... I think we've got some Petra."

I think I offended her when I replied "PETRA ISN'T METAL!" in a horrified tone of voice. Very Happy
i dont like being a genre snob but you are right - Petra is not metal, Petra means rock Smile

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Riiiiise uhuhup. Wiiiiiiise uhuhup...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm

If you can find "Armored Choir" by Arsenal, it's a pretty good listen.   I also give a thumbs up to some Neon Cross.   Regency Records put out quite a few compilation albums and there are some great bands on thise as well.  

Oh yeah, Emerald !!!!!!!!!!!!headbanger

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:39 am

King James and Joshua weren't bad if you like the metallic AOR stuff. Fabulous guitarists, although I never really cared for Whitecross...too derivative of Ratt and VH and that stupid In the Kingdom ballad was awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have started listening to Christian Metal
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next