Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you listening to any metal music right now?

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
corplhicks
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Glower
mikeinfla
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Lari
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:15 am

Normally I don't get to listen to any metal at home.

Most of my listening takes place while in the car, or when working alone late at the office.

Being stuck at home during this interminable lockdown, i am really starting to miss my music.

I have turned our dining room into an office, where i work remotely during the day. I did also place a small Grundig sound system, which i use to play some music while working, but it's basically classic rock, since metal is deemed too loud inside the house, especially with kids studying.

I wait for my drive to the office twice a week, to play my tunes loud in the car.

Anyone else facing a similar issue? Elaborate...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:21 am

I've been working from home for two and a half weeks now. My wife still leaves the house to work (she's a home health aide for an elderly person) and my kids tend to stay in their rooms working on their online class work so I've had the downstairs to myself most of the time during the day.

For the first few days I set up in the living room so I could watch TV, but that was too much of a distraction... so I moved my operations to the dining room, where the desk w/my PC is tucked in the corner.

While I use my work laptop on the dining room table, I'm listening to tunes through the PC via my Google Music account, which has my entire collection on it.

I haven't listened to this much music around the house in I don't know how long! This is pretty sweet.

Yeah, I suppose I could haul my portable CD player down from upstairs and pick out a stack of discs for the day's listening 'n' all that but this way is much less hassle. Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I could get used to this digital music stuff Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

I listen to metal at home and in the car. I live alone. So I don't have anyone to disturb with my music.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 am

I have these for home:

Are you listening to any metal music right now?  2b6e679046e38a8168ae60a44d65
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 11:22 am

More than I have in a long time. Trying to ignore the News and social media (present company excluded) I've been listening to more Metal than in years. It helps me deal and keeps my spirits up.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm

I live alone and play what I want but with my neighbours at home all the time now tend to also use headphones if I want to blast the hell out of it

Are you listening to any metal music right now?  S-l640

These are my weapon of choice
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm

At the moment not listening to anything (at work). But for some reason I have the theme song for My Three Sons stuck in my head. Definitely not metal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm

I'll be spinning this album tomorrow morning on my way to the office. Check these guys out in case you haven't.

Excellent US heavy metal:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 pm

"Are you listening to any metal music right now?" Ha ! Does a bear poop outside ?
That's a no brainer. Metal is like a nice drug - for me to get high to.
Was listening to this CD last night in bed - while going to sleep.
There's a trick to it - and that's having the exact right perfect volume
I fell asleep happily during this tune.
Dreamt I met Paul and Gene. I asked them " who talks the most " ?
They didn't like that - esp Gene.

All night long, shout it out. Time for rock and roll
Got to know what it's about. Got to let it go
Slam-diving all children. Born of the night
You got that mad anger. All of your life
Dark!
Got a dark desire. You are dynamite
Rock!
Start a fire with rock. Start a fire tonight

Hit the road, move it out. How you want to be?
Jam it so it makes you shout. Savage honesty
Slam-diving all children. Born of the night
You got that mad anger. All of your life
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Amazing album Glower. I own this one among various other Loudness releases.

Actually i forgot to mention that I do play some metal on my mobile, when going to bed, with earphones on.

But that doesn't count imo. I want my metal to be blasted out loud.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Yeppers.

Usually in the morning when I'm on the computer for an hour or 2. Then in the early evening, weather permitting, I like to take a walk around the neighborhood, so I'm plugged in for that. And when I'm in the kitchen for lunch or loading the dishwasher after dinner, I'll pop on Spotify to the Motorhead or Sabbath channel for a spell. And when I can't sleep, I'll go back down to the computer and put on music again while web surfing.

I'd say during my waking hours, I have music playing somewhere more often than not.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:14 pm

I don't really listen to "metal" that much period and since I live alone I can listen to whatever I want.  But without any sports or MLB Network NEW content to watch and with the news being SOOOOOO damn depressing. while I'm working I have started listing to some of the various comps I've put together.  Lately it's been the "Diamond Dogs/Sulo/Bitter Twins/The Crunch" comp I have; it's all projects with Sulo Karlsson involved. 

Pretty much no one else here other than exact33(hello again and where the hell are you?) would appreciate the music except for Eyesore because he likes everything.  But listening to that comp while I'm working sure puts me in a better mood than listening to a 24-hour news channel.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Both listening to and PLAYING it like mad. I was able to make a mix CD yesterday of different metal backing tracks from YouTube to shred to. Went for an hour straight yesterday without stopping. I also have a USPM playlist of my favorite anthems to clean the house to; it's been inspiring.

One positive note about this whole mess is how my creativity has been blazing through it all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Quote :
One positive note about this whole mess is how my creativity has been blazing through it all.

Several people in this thread have said  something like "Can you imagine the music we're going to get in a year or so".

Professional musicians confined at home HAVE to be experiencing that same surge in creativity too.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Yes. I am listening to the new Tora Tora album, Bastards of Beale. It is great! I get my usual hour or two each night. And if we are be bopping around the house, my daughter usually requests music from Alexa. It's cool, but she is not yet 4, so her knowledge of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is limited to the same 5 songs from 4 major artists - Ozzy, Dio, Kiss, and Whitesnake. Haha.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Both listening to and PLAYING it like mad. I was able to make a mix CD yesterday of different metal backing tracks from YouTube to shred to. Went for an hour straight yesterday without stopping. I also have a USPM playlist of my favorite anthems to clean the house to; it's been inspiring.

Awesome, Shay!! Since I am only working about 25-27 hours (but, thankfully still being paid for 40) I have had a lot more time with the family and more time for the gym. I have lifted 7 of the last 10 days. And yesterday was an hour and fifteen minute chest day. I am looking at starting to jog again next week since the weather has been getting better here each day, It was 60 degrees and sunny when me and my daughter went out to get some groceries at a Walmart a few hours ago. I feel like it's a sign of better things to come.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 6:00 pm

I only listen to metal during my workouts in the morning as opposed to all day during my work day. I've actually heard more of my wife's country music this past week lol! . The sacrifices I make.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 am

I played lots of Budgie today, while working.

I had totally forgotten how good this band was.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I'll be spinning this album tomorrow morning on my way to the office. Check these guys out in case you haven't.

What year is that from? Sounds classic 80's to me!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

What year is that from? Sounds classic 80's to me!

US power metal. This is their second album which was released in 2014, while their debut (which i also own on cd) was released back in 1986.

Their current status is listed as disbanded:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hammeron/6173
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 5:42 pm

007 wrote:
I only listen to metal during my workouts in the morning as opposed to all day during my work day. I've actually heard more of my wife's country music this past week lol! . The sacrifices I make.

Laughing very hard No doubt. My wife is a country fan, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Currently sitting outside on my deck with a vodka tonic and Spotify playing a mix of NWOBHM. Looking at the stars and what I believe to be Venus.

I could get used to this whole social distancing thing.

🤘🏼

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 5:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Currently sitting outside on my deck with a vodka tonic and Spotify playing a mix of NWOBHM. Looking at the stars and what I believe to be Venus.

🤘🏼

Ah, another vodka tonic fan.  That and craft beer are my main drinks of choice. 

I hear a lot of people saying they sort of like this social distancing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 6:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

🤘🏼

Ah, another vodka tonic fan.  That and craft beer are my main drinks of choice. 

I hear a lot of people saying they sort of like this social distancing.

Yea, I’m kinda losing my taste for beer. I still enjoy a nice cold one now and then, but I’m good with just one or two anymore. My go to drink these days in vodka tonics. We finished off the Bottle of Tito’s we had before all this nonsense started so tonight I cracked open a bottle of Skyy that’s been behind the bar since who knows when. And an old bottle of tonic that honestly is a little flat. Guess I’ll choke it down 😀

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Oh man, that's even better; Skyy is what I typically drink.  But I AM picky about the tonic I mix with it.  I prefer Vess over all the other readily available ones but in a pinch I also will use Canada Dry.

And I'm with you; part of my weight loss about a year and a half ago mainly centered around cutting down how much beer I drink so I limit myself to 2 (or three on occasion if the day has been extremely stressful).

But I do the same thing you were doing minus the music.  I sit on the deck, drink in hand and listen to the various birds in the area.  I've gotten pretty good at identifying which birds are making what sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you listening to any metal music right now?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next