Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have started listening to Christian Metal

Go down 
+38
Sword Of The Heretic
James B.
Svengo
choosemetal
Sutekh
jstate
manny
TheGreatDuck
kmorg
mc666
GrandNational
tul
jettafiend
SAHB Healer
Hadley
Lurideath
mr.electric39
MetallicSeminarian
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
bgsully
Addy
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Tur-Thalion
MoonChild
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stepcousin
Eyesore
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
Stender
corplhicks
Alex Dee Rokket
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 pm

From what you've listed i'd add Armageddon's Money Mask and a big second on that Haven album.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Don't forget the Rage of Angels album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:08 am

I like Christian Metal, Seen alot of the big name bands back in the day and some within this century.

This was my gateway music I guess you can say. However theres only a few bands I can listen to now. Stryper, Deliverance sometimes Whitecross and sometimes Barren Cross. I say sometimes because I feel it is kind of cheesy and i Dont say it in a bad way not at all.

Anyone hear of Worldview? (I think thats the name) I think its a Christian Supergroup with George Oocha in it I heard a clip and they sound pretty awesome theyre facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/worldviewmetal I think dudes from Sacred Warrior and Vengence Rising are also involved...
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:36 am

I was first introduced when I was 12 via Bloodgood -RIAHP...... loved it ever since. I listen to a lot of different bands, but I've always had an ear for lyrics & since I'm a Christian, I'm always gonna lean towards lyrics that reflect that world view.
Is there cheese in some? Yes.....but:
1. Cheesy lyrics are almost a grand tradition in Metal. lol! 
2. Anyone who says that Christian metal lyrics are ALL Cheese hasn't delved very far.

\'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

I love a lot of Christian bands but honestly, it doesn't matter to me if a band worships God, Satan, Captain Kirk, Buddha, J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, or the purple Teletubby. If they're a good band, they're a good band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love a lot of Christian bands but honestly, it doesn't matter to me if a band worships God, Satan, Captain Kirk, Buddha, J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, or the purple Teletubby. If they're a good band, they're a good band.

Some of that list feels repetitive. \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 am

Before I discovered Ult's website, my entire knowledge of "Christian metal" began and ended with Stryper and I thought they were goofy. I had no idea a whole genre (from rock to metal) existed.

Over the years, I've owned my share of Christian metal. Some is very good, some isn't. Just like any other genre I suppose. The bands I've kept over the years aren't too over-the-top in their message. The stuff that was overly preachy or full-on Flanders-like God rock was ditched. Too hokey for my taste.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 am

That's cool Alex! Been listening to Christian metal for years now.Theres lots of good stuff out there and while back in the day you had a lot of copycat bands,there are many that are better than their secular counterparts.Vengeance Rising were originators back in the day and stuff like Sacrament and The Crucified is hard to beat.Newer stuff like Dissaffection and Grave Forsaken is also very good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Some of that list feels repetitive. \'arry \'eadbanger 
It's my standard response Very Happy tr00 ...but I added J.R. Bob Dobbs this time out to mix it up a little.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:36 am

Bands you need:

Angelica
Armageddon
Arnion
Barren cross
Believer
Betrayal
Bloodgood
Boarders
Bride
Broken silence
Corpse
Crimson thorn
The crucified
Crystavox
Daniel band
Degarmo and key
Deliverance
Die happy
Eden
Eternal decision
Ethereal scourge
Extol
Faith factor
Final axe
Fires of Babylon
Grave forsaken
Guardian
Haven
Holy soldier
Horde
Idle cure
Immortal souls
Lament
Last chapter
Letter 7
Leviticus
Living sacrifice
Mainline riders
Mastedon
Messiah prophet
Metanoia
Mortification
Moshketeers
Narnia
Once dead
Paramaecium
Petra
Place of skulls
Ransom
Red Sea
Resurrection band (Rez)
Rob rock
Sacred warrior
Saint
Sardonyx
Seventh angel
Seventh avenue
Shout
Sinbreed
Stairway
Stepcousin
Stryper
Sympathy
Sacrament
Temple of blood
Theocracy
Titanic
Tourniquet
Ultimatum
Vengeance rising
Whiteheart
Whitecross
X-sinner
Zion
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 am

I LOVE ME SOME CHRISTIAN METAL!! Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 56834 

In addition to some of your current musical delvings check out Rob Rock's stuff... That is if you haven't already... well thought out lyrics great musicianship and great SONGS!!!

Holy Hell is perhaps my personal favorite but also the stuff he did with

FIRES OF BABYLON .... another simply great metal album.... not quite as melodic but still HEAVY!!!

cool 

To echo the sentiments of others.... Welcome to another world of HEAVY METAL!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Oh, yeah, Theocracy is a great suggestion! The debut is currently being remixed with real drums. Sounds great!

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 pm

There are a good handful of some very good bands, but I just feel most of the bands miss the mark and lack feeling, heart and soul that makes metal music what it is.

Some bands need to reform like Seventh Seal or Recon.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, yeah, Theocracy is a great suggestion! The debut is currently being remixed with real drums. Sounds great!

headbanger 
I got into them with "as the world bleeds" and got "mirror of souls" shortly thereafter. Waiting to get the debut after it's remixed. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Quote :
Technically, Recon *did* reform... except now they have the Sacred Warrior guy singing for them and call themselves "Worldview." Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Its more of the mellower side, but dont forget Liberty N Justice. The Cigar Chronicles is one of the best "hair metal" albums ive heard in recent years (though i could take or leave the cover songs).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Hadley wrote:
Its more of the mellower side, but dont forget Liberty N Justice. The Cigar Chronicles is one of the best "hair metal" albums ive heard in recent years (though i could take or leave the cover songs).
Did the Cigar Chronicles finally get released on CD?

Liberty N Justice are more like AOR/melodic rock. It doesn't really have that nasty guitar sound or appeal like many of the "hair metal" bands. Of course that could get us into a big debate on what exactly hair metal is. Haha.

My problem with LnJ is it's not a band and with every song having a different vocalist it comes off more as a compilation than a solid album from a band. It doesn't flow from front to back and tends to get boring. I wish Justin Murr would have put a band together and got a vocalist so they could really jive and generate some chemistry. He's obviously a talented musician and songwriter, but sometimes having that 'feel' and 'chemistry' is also needed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 pm

The one Worldview song I heard was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 pm

I have most of the classic 80's melodic stuff (some of it is now worth big $) but it gets kind of formulaic and I usually only listen when nostalgic.
I prefer the melodic metal stuff from the 90's and later. My favorite band is Veni Domine and their unique brand of melodic/prog/doom. There are other bands that I gather were Christians but also wrote about other subject matter, the best being Balance of Power and Jacobs Dream. Place of Skulls. Other faves were bands like Narnia, Wisdom Call, Masquerade, and Laudemus, I think most of those were from Sweden.
What is interesting to me is that back before Christian rock became a niche market (Rez Band, Petra, Jerusalem were the earliest I knew of); it was very common for secular bands to write songs that dealt with biblical and Christian themes. It was done a lot. I didn't notice that it was done quite so much after the Christian rock market was established. Here are some songs from the "proto metal" era that explored Christian and biblical themes (I interpret them as being sympathetic to religion, but you gotta listen close to be sure).

Badger- On My Way Home
Bang- Lions, Christians
Clear Blue Sky- My Heaven
Frost- Through The Eyes of Love
Gomorrah- I Turned To See Whose Voice It was
Gomorrah- Open The Sealed Book
Help- Dear Lord
Horse- Journey
Nitzinger- Witness To The Truth
Pluto- Road To Glory
Stray- Hallelujah
Tractor- Every Time It Happens
Wishbone Ash- King Will Come

there are more, these songs and the hardest rockers among the bunch.
There was also the Doobies song, the Bob Dylan albums (Slow Train Comin', Shot of Love), Peter Green's In The Skies, etc.
I suppose you could count Sabbath's "After Forever" too, but the idea of those guys giving testimony just didn't seem credible at the time (LOL). I never really counted Trouble either.

p.s.-Does anybody remember Trytan (with the tiger on the cover)? I liked them too.

Last edited by SAHB Healer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Did the Cigar Chronicles finally get released on CD?

Yeah.... the second disc in the set SMOKES!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Seventh Avenue is really good.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Technically, Recon *did* reform... except now they have the Sacred Warrior guy singing for them and call themselves "Worldview." Very Happy
And Sacred Warrior reformed with some other dude singing for them......
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 pm

p.s.-Does anybody remember Trytan (with the tiger on the cover)? I liked them too. wrote:
I remember. Singer had sort of a Geddy Lee voice?
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:08 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Bands you need:

Angelica
Armageddon
Arnion
Barren cross
Believer
Betrayal
Bloodgood
Boarders
Bride
Broken silence
Corpse
Crimson thorn
The crucified
Crystavox
Daniel band
Degarmo and key
Deliverance
Die happy
Eden
Eternal decision
Ethereal scourge
Extol
Faith factor
Final axe
Fires of Babylon
Grave forsaken
Guardian
Haven
Holy soldier
Horde
Idle cure
Immortal souls
Lament
Last chapter
Letter 7
Leviticus
Living sacrifice
Mainline riders
Mastedon
Messiah prophet
Metanoia
Mortification
Moshketeers
Narnia
Once dead
Paramaecium
Petra
Place of skulls
Ransom
Red Sea
Resurrection band (Rez)
Rob rock
Sacred warrior
Saint
Sardonyx
Seventh angel
Seventh avenue
Shout
Sinbreed
Stairway
Stepcousin
Stryper
Sympathy
Sacrament
Temple of blood
Theocracy
Titanic
Tourniquet
Ultimatum
Vengeance rising
Whiteheart
Whitecross
X-sinner
Zion
Second all these and add:
Fear Not
Crystavox
Halo
the Brave
Legend Seven
Grave Robber
SoulJourners
Disaffection
Pylon
Decyfer Down
Day of Fire
Darrell Mandfield
Join the Dead
King James
Novella
Precious Death
Sacrament
The Sacrificed
Saving Grace
Thieves & Liars
War of Ages
White Heart
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm

By the way, welcome to a whole new world of excellent metal!! Christian metal is my personal preference as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have started listening to Christian Metal   Have started listening to Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have started listening to Christian Metal
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next