Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam

Go down 
+7
Temple of Blood
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
onrypt
T-Roy
Gilbert
GrandNational
325ad
11 posters
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Empty
PostSubject: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 pm

A friend in a middle eastern band sent me this link. It is interesting, it is a new documentary and a book. About Metal bands in the Middle East.

www.heavymetalislam.net
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

There are tons of great Oriental/Near Eastern bands, both Islamic and not. Not a big surprise.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:31 am

I'm a Christian from the middle east. There are some very good Christian metal bands around here headbanger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 pm

I say we burn this thread. fainting just kidding
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I'm a Christian from the middle east. There are some very good Christian metal bands around here headbanger

You're from Lebanon? Some of my family lived there. My godfather still does.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:43 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I say we burn this thread. fainting just kidding

I say we threaten it and then reverse course......
crazy happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:11 am

Looks pretty awesome.

I really get excited when this type of stuff comes out. People have a very skewed view of the muslim world and muslims in general, but the truth is that the extremists and fundamentalists are a minority. A very vocal, well-funded and violent minority, but a minority nontheless. Muslims all have very diverse views of how to view their religion, and quite a few of them a rather socially liberal young people who enjoy western culture.

Unfortunantly they're caught in the middle of a culture war in the region that is very quickly heating up, and its really only a matter of time before the extremists fall.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:16 am

Well, that's certainly the politically correct party line.

If you read the Qu'ran for yourself and pay more attention to what has been going on in the Middle East then I think you'll see that religion very differently.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:40 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
If you read the Qu'ran for yourself.....

Please tell me you've read the Koran TOB. Because then I might actually take what you just wrote seriously. Not in agreement, but just more seriously.

Metal has no boundary when it comes to race, religion, sound, etc. A believing Muslim has as much right to create metal as anyone else. Let's stick to the topic at hand which is music and not go into ones belief system, because there are probably some dweebs in cyberspace who think the lyrics to your music don't belong together. And there are many in cyberspace who think your confessed faith and arrogance don't go hand in hand either.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 am

GrandNational wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You're from Lebanon? Some of my family lived there. My godfather still does.

Yap. Not too many metalheads around here anymore. I'm one of the few survivors of the great 80s era Sad

Are you of Lebanese origins?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 am

I've read the book. It's a good read. However, the book isn't a reference point to find good "Middle-Eastern metal" bands but on popular music as a whole in the Middle East.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 am

I am currently living in Dubai.
As for the Islamic Metal Special... there have been several reports about the scene in the Middle East in German ROCK HARD magazine.

Hey Gilbert can you tell me more about some cool christian bands from you area?

Here in Dubai I do not think we have any christian bands.
In general Metal is rare here no mags, only a few CD`s...

Sadly the Dubai Rock Festival won`t take place next year I`ve heard. KREATOR played there once for example.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Iron Maiden headlined the festival one year, right? You live in Dubai now, Olaf? Cool!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes kmorg I am working and living here for the next months. I started in April.
I don`t think I will move here but maybe my job will take some more time and it will be 2012 before I move back home who knows.

BTW it is not "cool" living here it is "hot". Laughing
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Yeah, Who are some of the Christian bands? LOL - Olaf do you know Trevor Ray he is another Metal Head living in Dubai, there can not be that many long haired guys walking around with an uncovered head! LOL again.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 am

I think it is great that they have a metal scene over there. Metal music is awesome. Can't imagine only having folk or pop music to listen to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam   Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Metal Rival, Heavy Metal Islam
Page 1 of 1