Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?

Go down 
+15
Stender
Wurthless
mc666
metalheaded
ultmetal
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
ElectricEye93
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Short-Fuse
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Empty
PostSubject: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm just wondering your comments for Bring me the Horizon. No holds barred my friends.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Kill me instead
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
I'm just wondering your comments for Bring me the Horizon. No holds barred my friends.Smile 

...Chrome?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Who did what now? What's wrong with the horizon? Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? 387733 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:44 pm

I have not heard the band in question, so I can't really comment.

But I will say this: Metalcore is one sub-genre that I am 100% ok with saying I do not like a band when I am completely ignorant of what they even sound like. If they have any thing in their sound that leads someone to call them metalcore, I don't like them.

What bugs me really, and this is a general complaint, not about this band specifically, is that the "core" part of metalcore no longer exists. I was ok with metalcore when it grew as an extension of hardcore. A natural extension. Even when it was like, ok, a bunch of hardcore kids got a little better at their guitars, put pomade in their hair and put on boas and black fingernail polish. There was still a connection to hardcore.

Now, metalcore bands come out comprised of 20whatever year old kids who were weened on metalcore. Not hardcore. So none of the hardcore elements exist.

So I can handle bands like Undying, Prayer for Cleansing, Converge, Cave In and Scarlet (who, incidentally, I actually lived with a couple of the original members in my early 20s). But once it got so...metalcore...I checked out and just could not care less now.

Metalcore is, by definition, to me, falst metal. So maybe that is related to this thread, if nothing else I typed is. Ha.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 pm

I always thought "false metal" was a really silly term. Anyhow, I saw a video of them performing once and I am still traumatized by how bad they were. No offense but they're about as far away from my kind of music as you can get.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Also, I don't like being told what to do. Go have a cup of 'bring the horizon to yo DAMN SELF'.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Also, I don't like being told what to do. Go have a cup of 'bring the horizon to yo DAMN SELF'.
Hmm, when Bruce Dickinson told you to Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, you did just that!

and your wife's still a bit upset about it. lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:16 pm

My problem with metalcore is all the uber-high marks it gets in the press while more original bands get the shaft.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm not bringin' anybody nothin'.

I am more or less ignorant of the whole "metalcore" thang and plan to stay that way, thank you very much. And get the hell off my lawn, you damn kids! (Shakes cane)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:12 pm

The reason I ask is my estranged 16 year old daughter likes 'em. I mean I'm a more At the Gates/Immortal/Into Eternity guy myself. When I downloaded it, My ears felt like throwing up. I didn't know my ears could feel like that. On the other hand, it's  cute in a "Awh my daughter's Fischer-Price first extreme metal band" sorta way.

Last edited by Short-Fuse on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:14 pm

I like some 'core like KSW and deathcore types. This seems more screamo in some ways which isn't really my thing.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Bring Me A Sandwich
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Bring Me Some Breakfast

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I like some 'core like KSW and deathcore types. This seems more screamo in some ways which isn't really my thing.
I listened to screamo for a while when it was new 'cause it had such an aggressive quality to it. Five bands in, I began to notice how samey and gimmicky things were getting. Then I noticed the clencher: the same damn chord progression, almost every song (usually Em/C or I-VI). I haven't heard this band, but what I did hear burnt me out really fast.

Bring me the head of the demon (EVILE).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Cue the guy who runs in and says "but all metal sounds the same.." Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? 811939 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Bring me a beer!!!

Fortunately, in the future we will have robots to bring them to us.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Bring me the hair straightener lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Im a big fan of some MetalCore bands... My problem is too many bands seem to fall into this genre so I don't even classify them anymore...

Caliban is my favorite unless God Forbid is considered Metalcore? angry scratch 

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Cue the guy who runs in and says "but all metal sounds the same.."  Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? 811939 
HAHAH you remind me of a good story. Circle time, everyone...

Sooooo I led worship for a youth group once upon a time, during my more religious years. Pretty sizable group on the posh side of town, good kids, a little higher on the confidence scale for Fresno. Anyway, after mid-week service a bunch of us would get together and draw for one lucky person's CD to be played uber-loud over the PA. Being worship leader and mentor I usually just shied away from this and listened with the kids. Sure enough, this topic came up when I slipped and asked if they were getting bored of all the bands sounding the same (lots of screamo and post-punk, Vans festival or whatever you call it type shit). THE WHOLE CROWD of fifteen-to-nineteen-year-olds turned on me with something along the lines of "dude this is heavy metal, it's not about that, it's about being heavy and loud, yo," etc. So I shrugged. Kid who won that night had Lostprophets. While they 'moshed' and cranked Last Train Home up, I went out to my Camaro and grabbed Slayer, switched Lostprophets off, and spun Criminally Insane.

Room went quiet. No 'moshing.' I just stood in the corner.

When all was over, an uncomfortable silence hung in the air, and one of the kids looked at me to say "What is wrong with you, man? That's messed up."

BOOM. Phone call the next day from worship pastor. Angry parents questioning what I did. Kids feeling uncomfortable around me. Is was really the beginning of the end of my job there. In the end, I asked one of the kids why everyone was so uncomfortable after I did that, to which he replied, "that was some scary stuff you put in there, man. You're a worship leader." I asked him if I had at least made my point.

"Well," he mentioned, rubbing the back of his neck, "that's the funny thing. You think you could burn that CD for me and a couple buddies?"
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm

priceless!!! lol! Sad that it has to be a church story though, but what can you do. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Bring me....a shrubbery!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 pm

All metalcore sounds the same.

C'mon, someone had to say it. Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Bring me....a shrubbery!

Why didn't I think of that one? (smacks forehead)

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Sooooo I led worship for a youth group once upon a time, during my more religious years. Pretty sizable group on the posh side of town, good kids, a little higher on the confidence scale for Fresno. Anyway, after mid-week service a bunch of us would get together and draw for one lucky person's CD to be played uber-loud over the PA. Being worship leader and mentor I usually just shied away from this and listened with the kids. Sure enough, this topic came up when I slipped and asked if they were getting bored of all the bands sounding the same (lots of screamo and post-punk, Vans festival or whatever you call it type shit). THE WHOLE CROWD of fifteen-to-nineteen-year-olds turned on me with something along the lines of "dude this is heavy metal, it's not about that, it's about being heavy and loud, yo," etc. So I shrugged. Kid who won that night had Lostprophets. While they 'moshed' and cranked Last Train Home up, I went out to my Camaro and grabbed Slayer, switched Lostprophets off, and spun Criminally Insane.

Room went quiet. No 'moshing.' I just stood in the corner.

When all was over, an uncomfortable silence hung in the air, and one of the kids looked at me to say "What is wrong with you, man? That's messed up."

BOOM. Phone call the next day from worship pastor. Angry parents questioning what I did. Kids feeling uncomfortable around me. Is was really the beginning of the end of my job there. In the end, I asked one of the kids why everyone was so uncomfortable after I did that, to which he replied, "that was some scary stuff you put in there, man. You're a worship leader." I asked him if I had at least made my point.

"Well," he mentioned, rubbing the back of his neck, "that's the funny thing. You think you could burn that CD for me and a couple buddies?"
Dude...now THAT was awesome. I've done similar things in a Baptist church I went to years ago...played full-on real metal over the PA. And in the sanctuary, too! OH, NO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?   Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring Me the Horizon-terrible false metal or amazing metalcore?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next