Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!

Go down 
+2
GrandNational
Gilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Empty
PostSubject: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Despite all the religious and political restrictions, Iran is witnessing an amazing metal movement.

I recently got a CD for a band called Arsames: amazing death metal group.

Check their song Homo Sapiens on You Tube.

Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! 11840 Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! 11840Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! 11840
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

There are a lot of great metal bands from Middle/Near Eastern lands. No doubt the political/religious situation that most of them find themselves in help to inspire their craft.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 pm

GrandNational wrote:
There are a lot of great metal bands from Middle/Near Eastern lands. No doubt the political/religious situation that most of them find themselves in help to inspire their craft.

Makes for good inspiration but the problem will be getting it heard.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Makes for good inspiration but the problem will be getting it heard.

It's almost like the underground 80's days, just a bit more underground Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_smile It's a hard sell to the US/European market for bands from those regions unless you happen to be a band like Melechesh and have moved out to Europe.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Arsames rules! I talk with the old singer Hamed all the time.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:16 am

The Musicscene in Iran is very interesting.
There was a longer report about it in German ROCK HARD MAGAZINE a year ago.

Internet plays a really big role in bringing the music to the fans there and it is often the only way to make concerts.

Amazing is that the Iranian government years ago when the internet became technology... came up, was one of the leading nations in making it available to the public, they really supported it in the whole country, so that now Iran has a really good internet availability better maybe than some of the European countries.

It was already to late when they realized that they can not control it anymore, which now means that Iran has on of the best internet music scenes in the world.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 am

I love what I've heard of Orphaned Land, though they are Israeli. Still it's middle-eastern. I'm glad that there is a scene sprouting out of this area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!   Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iranian Heavy Metal: amazing!
Page 1 of 1