Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal bands you wish to bring back

Go down 
+33
metalheaded
CRIMSONMASK
JBall_Z
allthingsmetal
BearOnUnicycle
Wayne
jstate
ShadowAngel
metalken
Hamer12
brokentulsa
metalhead777
EmoElmo
Vexer6
martinsane
Lari
DallasBlack
Addy
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Big Rich
Psychotron
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
krokus
Joe
Required Fields
adrian
Wurthless
ultmetal
T-Roy
vgmaster9
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

Metal bands you wish to bring back Empty
PostSubject: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 pm

If there were bands that split (probably due to the death of a member) that you would wish to bring back, who would they be? I'd like to see bands like Celtic Frost, Type O Negative, Pantera, Death, Anal C*nt, Theater of Tragedy, and a few others that I can't think of ATM.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:52 pm

So...the criteria is ONLY bands that split because of a death?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

If we could resurrect band members:
Thin Lizzy (Philip Lynott)
AC/DC (w/ Bon Scott)
Jimi Hendrix
Molly Hatchet (w/ Danny Joe Brown & Duane Roland)
Ronnie James Dio
Death (Chuck)
Dirty Looks (Henrick)

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

I would liked to have seen what Randy Rhoads would have done if he hadn't died so young.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm

If we're resurrecting musicians, my number one pick is the classic Metal Church lineup. Another album on par with the first two and that Wayne album would be amazing
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Dark Angel comes to mind immediately, although none of the band members died.

Last edited by Required Fields on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I would liked to have seen what Randy Rhoads would have done if he hadn't died so young.

That would be cool. We do know he was planning on leaving Ozzy. I wonder what he would have created on his own, or if perhaps he would have worked with his buddies in Quiet Riot again. Who knows? He did die senselessly and way to young.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Demolition Hammer are another band I would like to have be brought back together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Tourniquet...with Guy Ritter. When he exited....he died to me and so did the band. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:

That would be cool. We do know he was planning on leaving Ozzy. I wonder what he would have created on his own, or if perhaps he would have worked with his buddies in Quiet Riot again. Who knows? He did die senselessly and way to young.

I assume he'd want to do something to distance himself from metal, maybe like an instrumental classical guitar album or something along the lines of that.

It kind of sucks that his output is so small, given his enormous potential.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel comes to mind immediately, although none of the band members died.

x2

Angelcorpse is another one.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Nobody, i am happy with all those great new bands today. They are the future and those bands that are long gone were the past. We have to start suporting the new bands by buying their albums, going to see them live, buy their tshirts etc..... Its their time. The time of bands that are long gone have passed away.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are the first 2 that popped into my mind.

A zombie John Bonham behind the kit would be awsome. Watching him do a drum solo with his bare fists would epic. Until his rotted limbs flew off into the audience.

Ressurecting John Lennon would be great too. He could finally give us all the closure we need by telling us once and for all that "Yes, it was Yoko that made us break apart. What the f**k was I thinking. Sorry, chaps."

It would be nice to bring back Cliff Burton too so he could kick Lars to the curb, take direction of the band and write some decent material for James. And we'd never have to see Rob's stupid duck-walk again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I also dont need all those 80s bands to reform to play concerts with one or two original members. If they release new music thats one thing but just playing live, no. I would rather see new bands or bands that never stopped.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
If we could resurrect band members:
Thin Lizzy (Philip Lynott)
AC/DC (w/ Bon Scott)
Jimi Hendrix
Molly Hatchet (w/ Danny Joe Brown & Duane Roland)
Ronnie James Dio
Death

Great suggestions!

So are some of the others (Randy Rhodes, Cliff Burton)

I would like to Steve Clark come back, then Def Leppard might be able to put out a great album!

Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm

krokus wrote:
Nobody, i am happy with all those great new bands today. They are the future and those bands that are long gone were the past. We have to start suporting the new bands by buying their albums, going to see them live, buy their tshirts etc..... Its their time. The time of bands that are long gone have passed away.

So you're saying we should just forget about the past bands altogether?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:27 pm

They're not metal but I wish that the Ramones still walked the earth...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Gimme back Rainbow. I want Ritchie, Dio, and Cozy Powell back together again. If only they stayed together in the first place...

Also, let's see Eric Carr as the drummer of KISS again. The Fox and the new Catman can go at it.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Metallica
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:00 pm

The R.I.P. era Megadeth.

Tourniquet...with Guy Ritter. When he exited....he died to me and so did the band. lol!

I've liked much of what they've done but the Ritter albums are special.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:45 pm

X-Sinner with David Robbins

Rage of Angels

^^Tourniquet with Guy Ritter & Gary Lenaire... As posted previously, same sentiment applies.

I Completely agree with Steve Clark as well.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Jim Morrison
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Savatage w/ Criss
Shadow Gallery w/ Mike Baker
Type O Negative w/ Peter Steele
Dio
Metallica w/ Cliff
The Lost Dogs w/ Gene Eugene
Alice In Chains w/ Layne
Ronnie Van Zant (Van Zant could be a trio w/ Donnie and Johnny)
Metal Church w/ Wayne
Chuck Schuldiner
Fear Of God w/ Dawn Crosby (no woman could wail like her)
Phantom Blue

Last edited by DallasBlack on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Angel Dust
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Jag Panzer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands you wish to bring back   Metal bands you wish to bring back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal bands you wish to bring back
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next