Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Currently watching game 3 of the World Series
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Same here.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 am

Pumpkinhead

This started off with so much promise of being this ultimate, cathartic revenge tale. Most likely it's because I'm a dad (of boys) but when the kid finally dies in Lance's arms after whimpering "daddy..." I had to turn off the TV and regain some composure. And the titular beast looks pretty good, albeit silly in some shots. And, hell, it's Stan Winston directing and Lance Henrikson starring, so what's not to like? Well, the second half, that's what. As much as I love Lance as an actor, he never is capable to show any genuine emotion for his loss. Plus the teens are awkwardly scripted in as boilerplate for the killings. They're unlikable to say the least. It all just gets pretty mediocre and full of throwaway shots that don't add up to much. Barely any gore to speak of, let alone a couple drops of blood. My guess is that Stan had to rush shooting and at some point stopped putting a lot of creative energy into it. The whole of the movie is terribly uneven. I had higher expectations for this one, it being a cult classic, but alas, it's just another 80's monster movie.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:52 am

Kiss Of The Vampire on Svengoolie
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:54 am

nevermore wrote:
Hey, a World Series! Are England in it? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

'The Sorcerer And The White Snake', now I haven't seen the first adaptation of the white snake legend (Green Snake) but this film was just so much fun and had a lot of heart, while at the same time almost qualifying as a video game movie.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Just learned Toho did some kind of adaptation as well in 56. Any thoughts on that one, toho? Gotta be good...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Hey, a World Series! Are England in it? Very Happy 

No this involves a real sport ! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I saw Bad Grandpa yesterday afternoon, and I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Missed Season 2 of Continuum, catching up on it on Netflix - just finished episode 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Missed Season 2 of Continuum, catching up on it on Netflix - just finished episode 3
Much better than the first season (which I also enjoyed), I'm looking forward to season 3.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'The Sorcerer And The White Snake', now I haven't seen the first adaptation of the white snake legend (Green Snake) but this film was just so much fun and had a lot of heart, while at the same time almost qualifying as a video game movie.
Dude where have you been? I'll have to tell the mods to call off that missing persons report. And the hounds.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Much better than the first season (which I also enjoyed), I'm looking forward to season 3.  

Seems so to me too thus far...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:14 pm

haha caught in the deep of music biz stuff, thanks for the welcome back.. lol! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Just learned Toho did some kind of adaptation as well in 56. Any thoughts on that one, toho? Gotta be good...
Nope. Never heard of it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Pumpkinhead

This started off with so much promise of being this ultimate, cathartic revenge tale. Most likely it's because I'm a dad (of boys) but when the kid finally dies in Lance's arms after whimpering "daddy..." I had to turn off the TV and regain some composure. And the titular beast looks pretty good, albeit silly in some shots. And, hell, it's Stan Winston directing and Lance Henrikson starring, so what's not to like? Well, the second half, that's what. As much as I love Lance as an actor, he never is capable to show any genuine emotion for his loss. Plus the teens are awkwardly scripted in as boilerplate for the killings. They're unlikable to say the least. It all just gets pretty mediocre and full of throwaway shots that don't add up to much. Barely any gore to speak of, let alone a couple drops of blood. My guess is that Stan had to rush shooting and at some point stopped putting a lot of creative energy into it. The whole of the movie is terribly uneven. I had higher expectations for this one, it being a cult classic, but alas, it's just another 80's monster movie.
I love Pumpkinhead.  I do wish it was gorier though. But given the time it was made, I think Winston's creature FX are amazing.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Arrow

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Pumpkinhead

I love Pumpkinhead.  I do wish it was gorier though.  But given the time it was made, I think Winston's creature FX are amazing.
Surprisingly enough, Stan had little to do with the creature because of the directing demands. I remember reading in interviews that he hated the job and wanted to jump in with FX team.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Auction Kings - Season 3

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm

World Series Game 4

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am

Super

By Jove, James Gunn has done it again.

Constantly funny, radically violent, sweet and moving in some parts, complete with a great ending. Gunn's best movie yet. "SHUT UP, CRIME!!!"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 am

The Terror Within (1987, I think)

B-movie lovers everywhere: Rec-o-mended!

I was really f*cking surprised by the post-apocalyptic Alien ripoff from Roger Corman. Neat set design, cool dolly shots (rarely seen in these types of movies), decent gore, above average acting for this type of affair, a charismatic central hero, wry humor, believable dialogue, and the best electronic score I've ever heard for bad sci-fi. Only problems are 1. the director sucks at tension, and some "search party" scenes are obviously padding, and 2. the mutant design is another lumbering lazy rubber costume man that is more threatening off-screen than on. Also, large fires within a confined space don't seem to be very dangerous. Contains a pretty illogical resolution. But worth seeing if for the birthing scene alone, which almost clones Alien to the letter but injects enough of its own nasty flavor to shake things up. Fun stuff.

Really wish there was a copy of that soundtrack available. No cheese in the score at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - started off promising, but kinda loses steam towards the end. Entertaining enough though for a Saturday night.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next