Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?

Go down 
+36
firestarter
Lurideath
Troublezone
metalhead777
Shawn Of Fire
Thelemech
James B.
MetallicSeminarian
SideShowDisaSter
DakotaRogers
Eyesore
Spiner202
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
BillRoxx
Metalfanjunior
CRIMSONMASK
Wargod
Chrome Locust
Coram Deo
nevermore
EmoElmo
TheseGoTo11
jstate
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
corplhicks
chilejay7
jettafiend
exact33
kyleblack
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
VEKTOR can't hold a candle to CORONER or VOIVOD.

And really, their riffs are nothing like CORONER.  They sound like a cross between DESTRUCTION's late 80s technical period and 80s VOIVOD.
Funny, I have bought Coroner albums in the past only because I loved the DeathCult demo tape so much, but was bored quickly or let down, unlike what I get out of VEKTOR albums.

I can see where you compare them to Destruction and Voi Vod, and again, those bands changed styles and sound too much for me since their excellent recordings of the 1980s, and I checked out every album since then (thanks to the internet), and most of what they do now, I also find boring compared to VEKTOR.
I regret not going to any VEKTOR concerts.

Some metalheads might not like them, think they are over rated, etc but to an old guy like me, it's like a fresh vicious attack, reminds me of when SADUS burst on the scene.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:52 am

As of today, I'd go with these as my top albums:

1. Razormaze - Annhilatia
2. Essence - Last Night Of Solace
3. Ultra-Violence - Privilege To Overcome
4. Death Angel - The Dream Calls For Blood
5. Onslaught - VI
6. Hatriot - Heroes Of Origin
7. Panikk - Unbearable Conditions
8. Accu§er - Diabolic
9. Sodom - Epitome Of Torture
10. Violator - Scenarios Of Brutality
11. Annihilator - Feast
12. Gama Bomb - The Terror Tapes
13. Havok - Unnatural Selection
14. Battlecross - War Of Will
15. Hatchet - Dawn Of The End
16. Lost Society - Fast Loud Death
17. Anger As Art - Hubris, Inc.
18. Exarsis - The Brutal State
19. Warbeast - Destroy
20. Rusted Brain - High Voltage Thrash

Still a bunch I haven't heard (Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust, and Evile come immediately to mind).

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

And really, their riffs are nothing like CORONER.  They sound like a cross between DESTRUCTION's late 80s technical period and 80s VOIVOD.
Ditto. I totally agree with you. Personally I think Vektor is OK. The vocals get a bit annoying and also I'm not that fond of the guitar tone.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:44 am

Good Call on Panikk Sovdat. Definitely one of the best this year.Heres my list.I can't really number them because it changes from week to week.The top spot would be a toss up between Death Angel,Essence and Panikk.

Death Angel-The Dream calls for Blood
Essence-Last Night in Solace
Panikk-Unbearable Conditions
Violator-Scenarios of Brutality
Lost Society-Fast Loud Death
Hatriot-Heroes of Origin
Hatchet-Dawn of the End
Havok-Unnatural Selection
F.K.U-Rise of the Mosh Mongers
Fueled By Fire-Trapped in Perdition
Exarsis-The Brutal State
Ranger-Knights of Darkness
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 am

mlotek wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Funny, I have bought Coroner albums  in the past only because I loved the DeathCult demo tape so much, but was bored quickly or let down, unlike what I get out of VEKTOR albums.

I can see where you compare them to Destruction and Voi Vod, and again, those bands changed styles and sound too much for me since their excellent recordings of the 1980s, and I checked out every album since then (thanks to the internet), and most of what they do now, I also find  boring compared to VEKTOR.
I regret not going to any VEKTOR concerts.

Some metalheads might not like them, think they are over rated, etc but to an old guy like me, it's like a fresh vicious attack, reminds me of when SADUS burst on the scene.
I don't think they hold a candle to SADUS either.  They were an amazing underrated band with their own style and sound very little like VEKTOR to me.

I just listened to "Punishment for Decadence" yesterday. That album is a total thrashterpiece. "Skeletons on my Shoulder" has some of the best guitar riffs in all of 80s thrash.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 pm

I didn't say VEKTOR sound like SADUS.
VEKTOR are exciting and attack/kill in the exact same way for me when I heard early SADUS in the late 1980s.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:52 pm

mlotek wrote:
VEKTOR are exciting and attack/kill
Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Confused-look
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Who said Vektor were better than Coroner? I never did. I just asked if someone had heard Vektor and suggested them as something they might enjoy since they mentioned liking Coroner. That's it.

PostSubject: Re: Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?   Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best thrash release of 2013 (so far)?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5