Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am

I'm not even gonna bother voting cuz you KNOW they're gonna do "Rock N Roll All Nite" anyway no matter how the vote turns out...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I went with Shout It Out Loud.  The first KISS record I ever purchased was the 45 rpm single version of Shout It Out Loud.  Sweet Pain was on the B-side.  I still love both of those tracks.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Just watched "Unplugged" from Kissology 3 again.   A killer show (IMHDO)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 11:49 pm

Went with "I Love It Loud," since Creatures was my first KISS album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:42 pm

I went with Beth because I knew Toho would also vote for it  Razz 

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
I went with Beth because I knew Toho would also vote for it  Razz 

How I feel about this joke:  Laughing very hard 

How I feel about that song:  angry sick 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Good news for Kiss vinyl collectors.  The following albums are being reissued on vinyl on March 18, 2014:

Kiss
Hotter Than Hell
Alive!
Destroyer
Dynasty
Unmasked
Lick It Up
Animalize
Revenge
Psycho Circus - first ever official vinyl release

These are all up on Amazon.com for preorder.  The list prices are insane right now though - $37.85(!!!) each except Alive which is $51.50!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Meh, I already have them on vinyl (except Psycho Circus of course). And there's no way I'm paying that much for an album.

But I wonder if they have all the cool little extras that came with the originals?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Good news for Kiss vinyl collectors.  The following albums are being reissued on vinyl on March 18, 2014:

Kiss
Hotter Than Hell
Alive!
Destroyer
Dynasty
Unmasked
Lick It Up
Animalize
Revenge

These are all up on Amazon.com for preorder.  The list prices are insane right now though - $37.85(!!!) each except Alive which is $51.50!!!!

I'd like to get Revenge and Psycho Circus. Those prices are a bit uhhh, crazy.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 METAL-TIGERS

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Kiss
Hotter Than Hell
Alive!
Destroyer
Dynasty
Unmasked
Lick It Up
Animalize
Revenge

I'd like to get Revenge and Psycho Circus. Those prices are a bit uhhh, crazy.

Would love to buy some KISS vinyl, but not at those prices
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Quote :
Asked via Twitter if the classic band would perform at the induction ceremony, Paul Stanley said: “Seems unlikely.”

And in reply to follow-up question: “Any plans on wearing make-up with Ace and Peter?” he stated: “No way.”

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am

I thought this was pretty cool.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Large

KISS to perform at Stadium Series in L.A.

Thursday, 01.02.2014 / 1:00 PM / 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series LA - Ducks vs. Kings

NHL.com

NEW YORK -- Legendary American rock band KISS will bring down the house at Dodger Stadium as part of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ outdoor game between the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks on Saturday, Jan. 25, the National Hockey League announced today. Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer will perform during the pre-game festivities and first intermission of the game, which will be broadcast live at 6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN in the U.S. and on CBC and RDS2 in Canada.

"Los Angeles is the premier hub for sports and entertainment in this country and we are honored to be part of an event that fuses both by rocking the first-ever outdoor NHL game in LA," said Gene Simmons. "Fans can expect a spectacle at Dodger Stadium, similar to the one we will be creating at the Honda Center this season with our new Arena Football team, LA KISS."

STADIUM SERIES LA TICKETS

Tickets to the Ducks vs. Kings game at Dodger Stadium are on sale now. BUY TICKETS ›

"Our goal with the NHL Stadium Series games is to give our fans an unforgettable experience," said NHL Executive VP and Chief Marketing Officer Brian Jennings. "Having KISS headline our entertainment lineup is the perfect way to make our celebration of hockey in Southern California even bigger and more memorable."

With their signature makeup, explosive stage show and anthems like "Rock And Roll All Nite" and "Detroit Rock City," KISS is the very personification of rock stars. In 2014, the band celebrates the 40th anniversary of the release of their first album, KISS. After four decades of scoring countless hit singles, sold-out tours and appearing everywhere from comic books to lunch boxes to their very own TV movie, the iconic band remains one of the most influential artists in the history of rock and roll. At the top of American bands with the most gold albums, KISS has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide -- including their chart topping 20th studio album, Monster, produced by Paul Stanley and released in 2012. In support of that album, the band performed their Worldwide Monster Tour with sold-out-out shows in Australia, Europe, South America, North America and Japan as once again KISS, and their loyal followers in the KISS Army, rocked the globe.

A limited number of tickets to the Kings vs. Ducks match-up at Dodger Stadium are available for purchase via Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster.ca, the official ticket marketplace of the NHL.

A full line-up of performers and game day festivities at Dodger Stadium will be announced in the coming weeks.

The entertainment for the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ is being produced by RK Productions in association with Big Monkey Entertainment.

About the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™

Part of the previously-announced 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™, a group of games planned for outdoor locations this season, the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks will face off at iconic Dodger Stadium at 7 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014.

The Los Angeles event will mark a series of firsts for the National Hockey League and its fans as the Jan. 25 game will be the first outdoor regular season NHL game played in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River, the southern-most outdoor NHL game in history, and the first-ever outdoor NHL game in California. In its 51 year history, the venerable Dodger Stadium has hosted eight World Series and close to 4,000 regular-season games, but never a hockey game – marking another first for this Stadium Series event.

About KISS

Recently announced as inductees into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame, KISS remains one of the most influential artists in the history of rock n' roll. Celebrating four decades of creating classic rock anthems, and with over 3,000 licensed products including a Monster Mini Golf Course in Las Vegas, a partnership with Rock n' Brews restaurants and affiliations with classic brands like Hello Kitty and Family Guy, the KISS legacy continues to grow, generation after generation.

Always leading the KISS Army to new and exciting territory, founding band members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons are bringing professional football back to Los Angeles as co-owners of the LA KISS Arena Football League team, whose home field will be the Honda Center in Anaheim. Launching in March 2014, the LA KISS is proud to join the prestigious family of Los Angeles sports franchises including the NHL's Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks and the MLB's Dodgers.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 pm

I was in Vegas last week for a friend's wedding and hit the KISS Min-Golf course..... The course itself was similar to an early model Putt Putt Golf course (nothing spectacular), but they did have some cool KISS memorabilia including this door (my hand in the pic):
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 10950410
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 pm

LETS GO KINGS!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

The true (not really) story of how "Beth" was made.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-beth-video-spoof/?trackback=fbshare_mobile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:42 am

Only KISS could milk a) being snubbed by the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for years and then b) gain tons of press for not only getting in, but will they or won't they wear make up, play with Ace and Peter, etc, these guys are amazing, whoever their publicist is I hope they got a nice bonus check for the holidays.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm

I've seen other bands get the LEGO treatment, but this is pretty over the top. headbanger

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:28 pm

007 wrote:

"Los Angeles is the premier hub for sports and entertainment in this country and we are honored to be part of an event that fuses both by rocking the first-ever outdoor NHL game in LA," said Gene Simmons. "Fans can expect a spectacle at Dodger Stadium, similar to the one we will be creating at the Honda Center this season with our new Arena Football team, LA KISS."

ummmm.... premier hub for sports?

yeah. uh huh.... keep on thinking that Gene.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Just picked up the book "Nothin To Lose: The Making of KISS 1972-75" by Gene, Paul and Ken Sharp, from the library today. Looking forward to digging into it later this week. Anyone here read it yet?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 am

No, but I'd like to. I just finished reading David Ellifson's My Life With Death book.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 pm

KISS got dressed to kill again for Fashion Week.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Kissfashion

Also played a private party for some NY hipsters or something...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 pm

At least Gene's suit fits him this time.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Just uploaded a KISS video made by me showing my singles by the band.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

interesting, ill wait for album reviews especially form 80s era.
btw. animalize is not '86 but 84 !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 6 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next