Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 am

simple they are ashamed of music they did in 80s, that's why they didnt play the songs.
some songs are played on acoustic shows but they dont remember them, some big skips.
of cors we want to hear more of the 80s stuff like from CotN or HiTS or Elder, but as we know Pauls voice is weak and Gene said he can't sing.
but in KKIII they revealed some of the gems, but KK is only part of shows they learn new stuff for a couple of people who buy the KK. in real big arena shows they wont play any of them.
i would like to visit in the future KK, as i see this year, imo lot of people but not enjoyed as previous 2 yrs. so it seems like scene getting down. reached the top and a little bit handle on top and then goes down with KK.
and im not really into LIU or Animalize...yes there are some good song e.g. singles but rest is below average. i prefer Elder, CoTN, Asylum, CCN.
i remember buy MC cassette pf PC back in 98 and was really happy to listen new songs but when i look back i didnt listen PC for yrs, maybe some time into the void or opener, rest is not good enough.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I can see why they don't play Elder, Psycho Circus or Unmasked material....none of it was hits. But they did have some 80s hits, and since acquiring Tommy & Eric, they've played Lick it Up, Tears Are Falling, Unholy and a couple other simpler ones...but there are certain songs they simply have to play (or they feel like they have to play) and most of them are from the original make up era...it's just how it is.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I can see why they don't play Elder, Psycho Circus or Unmasked material....none of it was hits. they've played Lick it Up, Tears Are Falling, Unholy and a couple other simpler ones.
I am pretty sure that "A World Without Heroes" and "Shandi" charted better than "Lick It Up", "Tears Are Falling" and "Unholy" on Billboard Top 100 singles charts. Though I still get your point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 am

Shandi was a top 10 hit in Australia. Not sure how it did elsewhere. I always thought that was rather odd because I thought it was a pretty weak ballad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

007 wrote:
Shandi was a top 10 hit in Australia. Not sure how it did elsewhere. I always thought that was rather odd because I thought it was a pretty weak ballad.
If I remember correctly, Paul plays it during his "solo" whenever KISS plays Oz, but that's about it..... But seriously, I doubt ANYONE wants to hear Gene singing about making love on a brass bed... cause her parents are still away at his age!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 am

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Paul plays it during his "solo" whenever KISS plays Oz, but that's about it..... But seriously, I doubt ANYONE wants to hear Gene singing about making love on a brass bed... cause her parents are still away at his age!

I had a bootleg recording of an unplugged show they did at one of the hotels in Australia (Adelaide, maybe) during the KISS Conventions and they did play it then.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 pm

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I can see why they don't play Elder, Psycho Circus or Unmasked material....none of it was hits.  they've played Lick it Up, Tears Are Falling, Unholy and a couple other simpler ones.
I am pretty sure that "A World Without Heroes" and "Shandi" charted better than "Lick It Up", "Tears Are Falling" and "Unholy" on Billboard Top 100 singles charts.  Though I still get your point.
Just barely, but starting w/ "Lick It Up", that was full on MTV era. Not everything that had MTV exposure charted high on radio. "Lick It Up", "Tears Are Falling" and "Unholy" got a good amount of MTV push.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Tears Are Falling actually charted to 51 on the Hot 100.  Shandi made it to 47!  Which surprises the hell out of me, because I have no memory of this song ever being played on the radio.

Here's a link to the Kiss Billboard singles chart page: http://www.billboard.com/artist/305964/kiss/chart  

Pretty interesting stuff. Although there are a couple of errors because the search engine has pulled in a couple of bands that have kiss in their name.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

James B. wrote:

Gives one hope that they quit doggin a great album cause it didn't sell and throw some tunes out in future set lists.
Paul said it's only the 2nd time that song's been played live. Might be the last one too, judging from the vocal performance. Cool effort and nice to see them digging deeper, but Paul sounded terrible.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Makes one wonder how many more times fans are gonna fork over cash to hear Paul's terrible voice ? The last couple of tours have been train wrecks. They need to pull over and park the car for awhile or call it a day.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 am

James B. wrote:
Makes one wonder how many more times fans are gonna fork over cash to hear Paul's terrible voice ?  The last couple of tours have been train wrecks.   They need to pull over and park the car for awhile or call it a day.
Eh, I think they're past the point of bad vocals being a sticking point. What I mean is at this point they've achieved legendary status and people will go see them for the "show" and the chance to say "Yup, I saw them live". They won't be around forever.

David Lee Roth and Ozzy have been putting out sub-par vocals for years now, but they still put asses in the seats. There isn't much in the way of "new" arena rock stars for kids to get excited about, so folks are just happy to see these old timers one last time before they croak.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 am

I've kind of gotten over a the KISS 80s catalog as a whole.

I still contend that Unmasked might be their best album, and Elder is great. But Creatures, Lick, Animalize, Asylum and Hot...I feel like I could put together one kick ass compilation CD culled from these albums, but the rest of the tunes would just get left behind.

Which is kinda weird, as I used to number Creature, Animalize and Asylum among my favorites.

I still really dig Revenge, always hated Carnival of Souls, and still love Psycho Circus.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Makes one wonder how many more times fans are gonna fork over cash to hear Paul's terrible voice ?  The last couple of tours have been train wrecks.   They need to pull over and park the car for awhile or call it a day.
His voice sounds fine to me. Is it as strong as was when he was younger? No, but it still sounds fine to me. I get sick of people bitching about classic rock singers voices. You are too over critical.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

bass63 wrote:
James B. wrote:
His voice sounds fine to me. Is it as strong as was when he was younger? No, but it still sounds fine to me. I get sick of people bitching about classic rock singers voices. You are too over critical.
I saw them in 2010, and had no issue with Paul's voice...not sure how much it would've changed in the last 3 years?

I do agree that there is no room to expect a dude who's been singing (sometimes wailing, depending on the singer) for 40 years to still have the throat and vocal capabilities. Instead, just be impressed by the guys that old who do still have the vox, and just let the other guys be.

When I go to see a show now, an old band of dudes who have 3 to 4 decades worth of touring and other stuff behind them, I'm not really going for a specifically acrobatic vocal performance. As long as they are having fun and still enjoying themself...I mean, what else can you really ask for?
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:09 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
bass63 wrote:
James B. wrote:
I saw them in 2010, and had no issue with Paul's voice...not sure how much it would've changed in the last 3 years?

I do agree that there is no room to expect a dude who's been singing (sometimes wailing, depending on the singer) for 40 years to still have the throat and vocal capabilities. Instead, just be impressed by the guys that old who do still have the vox, and just let the other guys be.

When I go to see a show now, an old band of dudes who have 3 to 4 decades worth of touring and other stuff behind them, I'm not really going for a specifically acrobatic vocal performance. As long as they are having fun and still enjoying themself...I mean, what else can you really ask for?
I saw them in 2010 also and no problem with the vocals either. As far as your statement about a old band of dudes..I agree 110%  At least their still around to entertain us!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:01 am

James B. wrote:

Very cool !

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:13 pm

My 92 year old momma called and told me KISS won the fan vote for Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 pm

James B. wrote:
My 92 year old momma called and told me KISS won the fan vote for Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Seriously ? That's awesome (both KISS making it in and a 92 year old woman keeping relevant on these types of things) !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 am

Bad (?) news again for Ace...

Quote :
YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. (AP) — A suburban New York house owned by former KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley has gone up in flames.

The Journal News (http://lohud.us/1fu8Tcg ) reports that firefighters were called to the stone house in the town of Yorktown Heights late Saturday morning.

The home was heavily damaged, with flames burning through the roof.

The newspaper says the musician had been fighting foreclosure on the property in Westchester County Court.

The Red Cross helped a resident with emergency lodging. A neighbor says a caretaker had been living in the home.

It was not clear where the 62-year-old founding member of the famed rock band was at the time of the blaze.

I question the "bad" part of this because Ace supposedly owed a ton of money on this place and it was in foreclosure. Pay it off or burn it to the ground? The choice seems obvious.  Razz 

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bad (?) news again for Ace...

Quote :
YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. (AP) — A suburban New York house owned by former KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley has gone up in flames.

The Journal News (http://lohud.us/1fu8Tcg ) reports that firefighters were called to the stone house in the town of Yorktown Heights late Saturday morning.

The home was heavily damaged, with flames burning through the roof.

The newspaper says the musician had been fighting foreclosure on the property in Westchester County Court.

The Red Cross helped a resident with emergency lodging. A neighbor says a caretaker had been living in the home.

It was not clear where the 62-year-old founding member of the famed rock band was at the time of the blaze.

I question the "bad" part of this because Ace supposedly owed a ton of money on this place and it was in foreclosure. Pay it off or burn it to the ground? The choice seems obvious.  Razz 

Haha! That was my first thought when I heard this - Arson!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:54 am

vote if you want, you might help to pick the songs to be played alive in RnRHoF
http://noisecreep.com/favorite-kiss-song-readers-poll/?trackback=twitter_top
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I went with Detroit Rock City. No need to hear Rock N Roll Nite for the umpteenth time.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:56 am

i vote everyday different songs, wont vote for notoric known songs. 80s 90s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next