Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?

Go down 
+30
SAHB Healer
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
EmoElmo
Leatherface
SpectreFate
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
nevermore
adrian
Witchfinder
Vexer6
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
James B.
Temple of Blood
jstate
corplhicks
mc666
Boris2008
Addy
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
kmorg
BearOnUnicycle
Grimmo
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?
Anthrax (e.g. Stomp 442, Volume 8)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap8%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Overkill (e.g. I Hear Black)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap15%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Nuclear Assault (e.g. Out Of Order)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap4%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Slayer (e.g. Diabolus In Musica)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap19%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 9 ]
Megadeth (e.g. Risk)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap6%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Metallica (e.g. Load, Reload, St Anger)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap10%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Kreator (e.g. Outcast, Endorama)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap2%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Exodus (e.g. Force of Habit)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap13%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 6 ]
Testament (e.g. The Ritual, Demonic)
Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_lcap23%Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Empty
PostSubject: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:07 am

In the discographies of these well known thrash bands, you can find what are often considered by many metal connoisseurs to be weak outputs (particularly during the 90's and early 00's). I've put examples of each band listed here in brackets as indicators. Who's weak output do you like best? Just a bit of fun, ... and I could not find a poll anywhere else like it on the Web.

Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:15 am

Load
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:17 am

If it wasn't for St. Anger, I'd pick Metallica. But I voted Testament.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:05 am

Metallica
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:38 am

Slayer. Diablous in musica is actually one of my favorite slayer albums.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:48 am

Im gonna have to cast my vote for Metallica, because Load is my Fav Metallica album and I do like it better than Risk even though Megadeth is my fav band of those listed
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:03 am

Load, Risk, Diablous and Volume 8 are all decent records. I haven't heard some of the rest so not going to vote just for the sake of.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:22 am

I hate Load, Reload & Risk. Other than that I pretty much like all the rest listed to varying degrees. I went with Slayer.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:24 am

mc666 wrote:
I hate Load, Reload & Risk. Other than that I pretty much like all the rest listed to varying degrees. I went with Slayer.

Another vote for slayer! Rock the vote!! Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? 25679
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:54 am

That was a tough one. It was between Slayer, Overkill, and Exodus. Chose Overkill in the end because all Overkill is good Overkill (except WFO because of the bloody mix). I still enjoy I Hear Black and From the Underground & Below way more than most of the internet Wink .
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:04 am

Went with Testament. The Ritual is fantastic (and pushed my vote to the top) and Demonic is just ok (ruined by the vocals). Most of the others that I've heard are ok as well but don't measure up to the Ritual.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:27 am

I went with Out Of Order since I truly love that album. But I also dig those listed for Anthrax, Overkill, Kreator, Exodus, and Testament. Never felt those were weak IMO. Hell I even find the Slayer, Megadeth, and Metallica ones to be listenable to some degree. Although I will say with St. Anger I've never had the balls to go back to give that one a spin. Someday I should just suck it up and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:29 am

Diabolus In Musica. I dig this album; dark, heavy and a little more experimental than the Slayer norm...yet still sounding 100% like Slayer. This album is primarily Hanneman's creation who wrote all the songs (except In The Name Of God by Kerry). I think this is one of their best post-Seasons albums, definitely not the weakest.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:53 am

I was tempted to vote for "Diabolas" but went with "Force with Habit" because I listen to it a lot more. "Architect of Pain" and "Thorn in my Side" are great songs.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:22 pm

I am between Exodus and Slayer

Gonna go spin e and will get back at ya later headbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Testament. The Ritual isn't weak at all.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Testament. The Ritual isn't weak at all.
Neither was Demonic. It just didn't sound like classic Testament & was shunned by fans. I think it's an awesome album though.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:41 pm

True, though I rarely listen to it, I usually go to The Gathering for that sound by them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I like a lot of those releases. Voted Anthrax.

The weakest of those IMO is St. Anger and Risk.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Force Of Habit was the best for me, though I like all the others to some extent except for St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:55 pm

If I could pick two, it would be Overkill and Testament, but I can't so I picked Overkill.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Force of Habit for me.

Second choice would be Kreator
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:06 pm

I went with Testament.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:01 pm

James B. wrote:
I am between Exodus and Slayer

Gonna go spin e and will get back at ya later headbanger

Went with Slayer

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm surprised Metallica's up there over Kreator and Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best?   Which of these longtime thrash bands perceived weakest efforts do you like best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next