Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Hey, does anyone else remember a commercial advertising Brave New World back in the day and there was a snippet of the "Wicker Man" that had a different chorus that added in the phrase "thy will be done" that is not on the album? Sorry in advance if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't want to read through a dozen or so pages to find out. Thanks, team HoM.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:22 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Hey, does anyone else remember a commercial advertising Brave New World back in the day and there was a snippet of the "Wicker Man" that had a different chorus that added in the phrase "thy will be done" that is not on the album? Sorry in advance if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't want to read through a dozen or so pages to find out. Thanks, team HoM.

headbanger

That's the radio edit version:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

I was lucky enough to score the U.S. promo single that has that version on it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:32 pm

I have the Wicker Man single with a video and a couple of live Blaze-era songs (sung by Bruce). Is that also the radio version on that CD?

I haven't played it in probably like 15 years, so I honestly can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 6:44 am

I didn't get an answer so I got off my ass and dug out the disc. Sadly, it's the album version.

Is this promo single not available anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Lari wrote:
I didn't get an answer so I got off my ass and dug out the disc. Sadly, it's the album version.

Is this promo single not available anywhere?

Lari, it's not available on any of the regular Wicker Man singles, only the promo version for U.S. radio, and it hasn't been re-released on anything thing else. Here's the info on it:

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-The-Wicker-Man/release/2035285
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Lari wrote:

I checked mine too and I have the same thing as you, Lari. Damn.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

Thanks, Leo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:31 pm

When Maiden came to Tulsa last week the Airport here welcomed them by putting this on the airport floor...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 12745938_10153310677402051_1350683977151445817_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Paul Mario Day was better with Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm

I can't say I'm a big fan of the alternate chorus but it's odd that it would be featured on the promo version and nothing else. Thanks for the info on that. I remember reading about it on Ult's Maiden page under the review for Brave New World and "The Wicker Man" single.

Anyone planning on seeing the current tour? The material off the new album sounds really good live based on the youtube posts.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
When Maiden came to Tulsa last week the Airport here welcomed them by putting this on the airport floor...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 12745938_10153310677402051_1350683977151445817_n

Did you go to the gig?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:42 pm

glassprison wrote:
I can't say I'm a big fan of the alternate chorus but it's odd that it would be featured on the promo version and nothing else. Thanks for the info on that. I remember reading about it on Ult's Maiden page under the review for Brave New World and "The Wicker Man" single.

Anyone planning on seeing the current tour? The material off the new album sounds really good live based on the youtube posts.

Already did 2 gigs (Ft Lauderdale, Vegas) and I have two more planned (the 2 LA gigs)

And the new tracks were fantastic live - great set list and great show
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Did you go to the gig?

did you crash into the plane????

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Did you go to the gig?

did you crash into the plane????

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:51 am

glassprison wrote:

I am. It's not often that bands I'm interested in seeing come to South Africa, so I wasn't going to miss out on this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:57 am

glassprison wrote:

I would love to see them, but they aren't playing anywhere near me. Maybe they'll swing back around later in the year and play some closer east coast dates.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I would love to see them, but they aren't playing anywhere near me. Maybe they'll swing back around later in the year and play some closer east coast dates.

Probably next year - full US tour was supposed to be last year, but Bruce had a cancer issue to take of
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Damn! I am probably not going to get to see them this year as I had hoped.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:54 am

Funny lyric video. Paul still sounds really good.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 10:23 am

That's amazing!

Yeah, his voice does sound like it's held up decently. Considering how it never was that great to begin with.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 am

Happy 60th Birthday to the Air Raid Siren!!
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Bruce-sombrero
birthday Up the irons!! birthday

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 pm

So, the Newbury Comics new release news letter/ email has the first three Maiden discs coming out as re releases tomorrow. I also read online earlier today about them re recording the first two albums with Bruce on vox. Anyone got any more info on any of this?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm

the sentinel wrote:
So, the Newbury Comics new release news letter/ email has the first three Maiden discs coming out as re releases tomorrow. I also read online earlier today about them re recording the first two albums with Bruce on vox. Anyone got any more info on any of this?

They are reissuing their catalog on CD in several waves starting tomorrow.  These are all on digipak and the remasters are from 2015.  https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/iron-maiden-to-reissue-their-16-studio-albums-on-digipak-cd/
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 am

Ohhh, okay. Thanks, Witchfinder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next