Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GRIP INC is back!

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Infinite
Eyesore
corplhicks
Boris2008
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:43 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188596

Quote :

DAVE LOMBARDO Taps AMEN Singer For Resurrected GRIP INC. - Apr. 10, 2013
SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo revealed to Greece's Rock Overdose in a new interview that Casey Chaos from AMEN will front a resurrected version of Lombardo's GRIP INC. project. A tour is in the works, with the possibility that a new studio album will follow.

GRIP INC.'s fourth studio LP, "Incorporated", was released in March 2004 through SPV Records. The follow-up to 1999's "Solidify" was recorded and mixed at Woodhouse studios in Hagen, Germany and was produced by the group's guitarist, Waldemar Sorychta (THE GATHERING, LACUNA COIL, SENTENCED, MOONSPELL).

GRIP INC.'s lineup also included vocalist Gus Chambers, who died on October 13, 2008 at the age of 52. Chambers reportedly took his own life.

Lombardo, Chaos, EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt and ex-QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE bassist Nick Oliveri recently joined forces to record music for a documentary about House Of Shock, the infamous New Orleans haunted house attraction founded in 1992 by ex-PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo. Helming the sessions was producer Ross Robinson (SLIPKNOT, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\", DEFTONES), who was approached to provide music for the film by director Dean Karr (best known for his landmark videos for MARILYN MANSON) and producer Sean E. Demott.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

GRIP INC is back! 11840
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Good, Dave's too talented to allow himself to be ripped off by a dictatorial man baby with a comedy beard.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Thank God for this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:05 am

Horrible. Casey Chaos? Pffft! God, what a terrible choice.

This guy...

To replace this guy...

Bitch, please. And is Waldemar going to be involved? Everyone calls this Lombardo's band, but the guy never wrote a lick of music except for lame instrumental "Bug Juice." Grip Inc. was great because of Waldemar Sorychta and Gus Chambers.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 am

I have to assume Waldemar is involved. Otherwise it makes no sense.

I liked Gus a lot too. Especially his lyrics.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 am

I'd rather have a new Enemy of the Sun album.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 am

Eh, I like Casey's vocals. Seems like a good pairing to me. Give him a chance, he might surprise you.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 am

Well, I never heard of Casey until today, and yeah, he seems a p*ssy next to Gus. Gus was a great frontman and powerful vocalist/lyricist. It's a shame that Dave couldn't look for someone with similarities.

I never thought of Grip as Dave's band, but I would say he's important to the structure; his style is a strong catalyst.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:46 am

Gus' voice and his lyrics made the band for me. I'd REALLY have to hear the results before plonking any cash down for it. Yah, Waldemar and Dave made some good tunes, but Gus put those songs over the top with his performances.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 am

It just wont be the same without Gus on board
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 am

Quote :

Gus' voice and his lyrics made the band for me. I'd REALLY have to hear the results before plonking any cash down for it. Yah, Waldemar and Dave made some good tunes, but Gus put those songs over the top with his performances.

x2
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Tommy Victor would be a lot better. Prong doesn't play that much so he would have time.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 pm

I always want to hear at least something from a band before I shell out, but I'm just pleased that he is off doing his own thing, it might be rubbish, it might be great. I think that the singer is okay, certainly not bad enough to put me off if the music's good.

I think that it's a bit harsh deciding that they will be no good because they don't have the original singer, that can hardly be helped. If they found someone with similarities, they would get accused of bringing in a diluted soundalike.

I'm always willing to give Lombardo the benefit of the doubt as I love his drumming.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Chaos is too whiny a singer, though. He's a screamo punk kind of guy. Gus is dead, so obviously he can't do the job, but if they're to continue on they should get someone like Chuck Billy.

Hell, get Chuck Billy. That would rule.

Or just listen to Enemy Of The Sun, which is very similar to Grip Inc, although a bit more experimental.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 pm

I have a funny feeling that they might be able to get Tom Araya soon! lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Chuck Billy with any band would rule. Chuck Billy with One Direction would rule.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Dave have Ripper's number?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

Quote :
Chuck Billy with any band would rule. Chuck Billy with One Direction would rule.
He'd eat them for a snack.lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:42 am

Chuck Billy is a great singer but I started off pretty much hating him. I was massively into Legacy from the tape trading scene, so when the first Testament record came out, I just didn't think that his voice suited the songs as much as Zetro's had.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Chuck Billy is a great singer but I started off pretty much hating him. I was massively into Legacy from the tape trading scene, so when the first Testament record came out, I just didn't think that his voice suited the songs as much as Zetro's had.

I still think Zetro's vocal lines and lyrics were better, although Chuck is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:37 am

The deal with Chuck for me, at first, was that he sounded pretty similar to Hetfield. The more I listened to Testament, though, the more I noticed his power was tenfold over James'. This is especially true in their past couple albums where he just floods the mic with terror and aggression.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 am

corplhicks wrote:
The deal with Chuck for me, at first, was that he sounded pretty similar to Hetfield. The more I listened to Testament, though, the more I noticed his power was tenfold over James'. This is especially true in their past couple albums where he just floods the mic with terror and aggression.

You're not the only one who heard Hetfield in his voice. The first Testament song I ever hears was Souls Of Black and I thought it was a long lost Metallica song. Chuck ended up surpassing Hetfield in my ears too, especially when comparing Low to Load (one band getting stronger as another got weaker).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 pm

That's the difference. And the fact that James was getting worn out with the genre and the road and Chuck was embracing both more and more even with his health issues.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I think what made Grip Inc. special was the combination of Waldemar, Gus, & Dave. I just don't see how this will turn out good. Of course, I'll give it a fair shake out of respect for Waldemar & Dave, the music will surely be great, but I dread what Chaos will come up with lyrically. Gus had some real thought provoking lyrics.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Sponsored content

GRIP INC is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRIP INC is back!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next