Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GRIP INC is back!

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Infinite
Eyesore
corplhicks
Boris2008
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
I think what made Grip Inc. special was the combination of Waldemar, Gus, & Dave. I just don't see how this will turn out good. Of course, I'll give it a fair shake out of respect for Waldemar & Dave, the music will surely be great, but I dread what Chaos will come up with lyrically. Gus had some real thought provoking lyrics.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
He did. I remember when I first heard "Ostracized," which was my introduction to the band, I thought the lyrics were much more profound than most bands. Especially bands trying to tackle such a controversial issue.

Remember when the 80s rock bands would write about the plight of the Indian or racism? Dreadful stuff. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Posted on their Facebook page.

Quote :
Just letting you all know that we will be making an announcement tomorrow, so please stay tuned!!

Still not convinced anyone can replace Gus, but we'll see. Waldemar is still a bad-ass.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Now that Lombardo probably will never return to Slayer, I would like to see Grip Inc make a comeback. Of coarse you can't replace Gus, but they could at least try something different with someone new. Plus, Dave doesn't really have a "metal" outlet with his other bands... Grip could fill that void.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Now that Lombardo probably will never return to Slayer, I would like to see Grip Inc make a comeback. Of coarse you can't replace Gus, but they could at least try something different with someone new. Plus, Dave doesn't really have a "metal" outlet with his other bands... Grip could fill that void.

I wouldn't have a problem with a new vocalist, but I still don't see Casey Chaos working. There's just gotta be a better choice.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:44 pm

I agree. Casey Chaos is not the right choice for them. I would rather have Rob Dukes in the band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:58 am

Well, I guess Blabbermouth got the scoop early.

Quote :
GRIP INC., the long-defunct metal outfit featuring drummer Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, PHILM) and guitarist Waldemar Sorychta (former member of DESPAIR and producer for such bands as LACUNA COIL and MOONSPELL), will issue the "Hostage To Heaven" digital EP on June 9 via KFM.

"Hostage To Heaven" contains three previously unreleased tracks and an alternate, never-before-released version of the song "Hostage To Heaven" (which originally appeared on GRIP INC.'s "The Power Of Inner Strength" album).

It's been eleven years since GRIP INC. released its last album, "Incorporated", and and seven years since the passing of the band's vocalist, Gus Chambers. "Hostage To Heaven" serves as a bookend and tribute to the talent and contributions of late great frontman, as well as a true testament to the legacy and deep impression he left us all with.

"Hostage To Heaven" track listing:

01. Hostage to Heaven
02. Dragging Me Down
03. Bittersweet
04. Crawl

"Hostage To Heaven" is now available for pre-order via iTunes for a discounted price of $3.99, and will be released globally on June 9 for $5.99 on Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, YouTube and more.

Said Lombardo: "GRIP INC. is an exceptional band that I am very honored to have co-created.

"Gus Chambers was easily one of the most effective and distinctive vocalists/frontmen in the business. To be able to release music that pays tribute to Gus and his talent, memorializing the unique sound that the four of us created is a gift... not just to us, but also to the fans that always hoped for more."

He continued: "Gus can't be replaced. GRIP INC. will never be GRIP INC. without him. We could try and replace him, but it would never be the same as the original four. This is the closest thing we have to working with Gus again. This release is without question a tribute to his talent and his legacy."

Added Sorychta: "I always like to experiment with songs that we have already released from our past albums, so needless to say, I have many versions of 'Hostage To Heaven' (a techno version, church organ, acoustic and the slow version). The slow version of 'Hostage To Heaven' is the only version with the original vocals from Gus, recorded while we were making the album 'Nemesis'. Actually, it gave me the main idea for the song 'Rusty Nail'. While we were playing the slow version of 'Hostage To Heaven', we changed some rhythms and worked out some other parts and 'Rusty Nail' was born. I really like how it all came together, especially the solo, that was more or less just improvised. Overall, it's a great version which shows that good songs still have a drive even when you change the way of playing them."

He continued: "We always improvised at rehearsals, sometimes even live. In rehearsal, we used to jam even more then rehearse our songs. Many ideas and songs got started like this. Even at every recording session we jammed between main recordings. We have never looked at recording a record as a kind of job that has to be done; well, we always had a professional way of recording but, we always made sure to also keep it fun and spontaneous. The main point was always love for music!

"In hindsight, I am glad we always recorded more than just the album tracks and always tried to experiment. It's just a shame that many of these songs don't have Gus's vocals. Don't misunderstand me, these songs aren't leftovers or anything like that! We had always planed to record them but some just didn't make that album or didn't have the time in the studio. Really, we had the chance while we were recording the albums, and we just wanted to take advantage of the studio environment.

"To release these tracks 20 years after 'Power Of Inner Strength' means a lot to me.

"After Gus's death, there has been an empty place in my heart that will never be filled. I miss our craziness, I miss our friendship, and, above all, our passion for music.

"We all came from different countries, with different backgrounds, but GRIP INC. united us all under the same goal. We were 'one'! Simply a great example of how powerful music really is. But music in itself doesn’t make a friendship; ours went very deep and will stay forever.

"Since the 13th of October 2008 I have found life is much harder to catch a day with a relaxed smile, always thinking of my friend.

"Life goes on, but the knowledge that a big part of you isn't there anymore is sad.

"Gus, I will always miss you!"

Chambers died on October 13, 2008 at the age of 52. Initial reports indicated that he took his own life, but an inquisition report later stated that it was an accidental death caused by a mixture of medication and alcohol.

GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Griphostageep

I've heard about "Bittersweet." Think it was an outtake from the Nemesis sessions. "Dragging Me Down" isn't quite unreleased. It was originally released on the Japanese edition of the debut, as well as a b-side on the "Ostracized" single.

Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 11:37 am

So one of the tracks isn't even a minute long (Dragging Me Down)?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Infinite wrote:
So one of the tracks isn't even a minute long (Dragging Me Down)?

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:11 pm

I'll probably pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 2:35 pm

Where to start with Grip Inc? I so wanna discover this band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I love the first two. The rest I don't care for to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Casey Chaos? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Casey Quesadilla Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 12:23 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I love the first two.  The rest I don't care for to be honest.

Really? I think Nemesis is their weakest overall. Surprised you don't like Solidify or Incorporated. Both are far superior to Nemesis, I think. Though "Rusty Nail" is easily one of their best tunes. Love that main riff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 12:34 am

I wonder why their cover of "Paint It Black" isn't included on this EP.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

Nemesis is awesome!

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 17, 2023 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 5:28 am

After all this time, why hasn’t there been a box set? Grip Inc was amazing! Heavy, aggressive and not afraid to experiment outside the confines of thrash.

Lombardo should stop wasting his time with horrible projects like Satanic Planet and reform Grip!

Btw… Nemesis is my favorite! It’s similar to Black Science by Geezer. Aggressive with layers of atmospheric sounds.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRIP INC is back!   GRIP INC is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRIP INC is back!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2