Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grip Inc. - Nemesis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Grip Inc. - Nemesis Empty
PostSubject: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Grip Inc. - Nemesis

I got this for $1 a while back and thought I didn't like it. I had this on my LaLa list to trade away. I decided to listen again to make sure I didn't want it. Actually, I kinda like it. There are some things I like less, but overall I think I am planning to keep it.

How does their other stuff compare?

(ok, I'll go look at MM and NLTM, but it's still a potential good conversation Razz )

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Nemisis was good, but their other stuff is way better imho. Power Of Inner Strength, Solidify, & especially Incorperated. all are phenominal. Lombardo is the bomb.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 pm

I still needt o get Incorporated. I'll have to check it out ASAP if you recommend it above the others.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:17 pm

it was definetly their stongest material. everything just gelled on that album. it's alot speedier than Solidify too. it was a fine note for the band to end on.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Power of Inner Strength is good,I havent heard incorporated but the rest is pretty decent.and yes Lombardo is a monster on the kit.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:09 pm

Yah, Power Of Inner Strength is good! Of the three I've heard, that one is the thrashiest. I like 'em all though.

I've not heard Incorporated yet. Gots it on the LaLa want list.

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Nemesis is a great album, but it is their worst. "Rusty Nail" is worth the price alone, though. Man, I love that song!

And Incorporated is awesome! Definitely pick that one up. I really wish these guys would put this together more often. Sorchyta is sorely underrated in this band. Why does everyone praise Lombardo? Sorchyta is the man who makes this band amazing.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Lombardo was their claim to fame,but I understand what you are saying.But you can't deny the unbelievable drumming of Dave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:56 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Lombardo was their claim to fame,but I understand what you are saying.But you can't deny the unbelievable drumming of Dave.
Oh, of course not. He's a killer drummer. I just find it funny that whenever people talk about how good Grip Inc. is they always attribute it to Lombardo. Has he written a single Grip Inc. song?

For those interested:

CURSE OF THE CLOTH (from Incorporated)

And here are some others:

RUSTY NAIL
THE ANSWER
OSTRACIZED

I've always been curious how they hooked up with Gus Chambers. He's a punk legend in the UK. And, in my opinion, he happens to have one of the most underrated metal voices out there. He's not got much range or anything, but he's so powerful and crisp. I love it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
Nemesis is a great album, but it is their worst. "Rusty Nail" is worth the price alone, though. Man, I love that song!

And Incorporated is awesome! Definitely pick that one up. I really wish these guys would put this together more often. Sorchyta is sorely underrated in this band. Why does everyone praise Lombardo? Sorchyta is the man who makes this band amazing.
i'm a drummer myself, so Lombardo was a major influence on me. still is to this day. but i see your point about Sorchyta. he was great in Despair, & great in Grip Inc.

you also make a great point about Gus... he's got alot of power in his pipes.

Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:46 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

i'm a drummer myself, so Lombardo was a major influence on me. still is to this day. but i see your point about Sorchyta. he was great in Despair, & great in Grip Inc.

you also make a great point about Gus... he's got alot of power in his pipes.

mc666,I hear ya bro.I'm also a drummer and Lombardo was a great inspiration to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grip Inc. - Nemesis   Grip Inc. - Nemesis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grip Inc. - Nemesis
Page 1 of 1