Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis

Go down 
+3
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Grip_inc_nemesis_front

This is one of my favorite 90s metal albums. I love it. Everything about it. Dave Lombardo really brought his signature sound to the plate here - and you can even hear a Slayer vibe in this music.

I know that most consider this a groove metal album (and it is), but it's soo much better than a typical groove metal sound to me. Anyway .... overall rating: 9/10
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 pm

I couldnt really get into Grip Inc,even with Lombardo being the only redeeming quality about them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Good album. Underrated.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Lomabardo belongs in Slayer and has no business "goofing around" with these frivolous distractions of supposed artistic endeavor. My .02 worth

Laterz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I couldnt really get into Grip Inc,even with Lombardo being the only redeeming quality about them.
I've never thought there was anything redeeming about Lombardo when it comes to Grip Inc. His drumming isn't particularly special here. Gus Chambers and Waldemar Sorychta, who wrote 99% of the music, are what made that band great.

And am I the only one to always think the statue on the right looks like he's masturbating.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:06 pm

The double-bass drumming on "Hostage to Heaven" is slammin' and even Hoglan said the same.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The double-bass drumming on "Hostage to Heaven" is slammin' and even Hoglan said the same.
Don't get me wrong. Lombardo is a fantastic drummer. I'm not suggesting Lombardo wasn't great in that band, just that he is given all the credit when it comes to Grip Inc. and I think that's unfair.

A lot of drummers out there could have filled his role in that band, but Waldemar and Chambers were irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:44 am

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Don't get me wrong. Lombardo is a fantastic drummer. I'm not suggesting Lombardo wasn't great in that band, just that he is given all the credit when it comes to Grip Inc. and I think that's unfair.

A lot of drummers out there could have filled his role in that band, but Waldemar and Chambers were irreplaceable.
all three where irreplaceable. and yes, Waldemar deserves the lion share of credit for Grip inc. then Gus, & then Dave. however in the end, it was all 3 made that band special.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:07 am

If you had Gus singing on the Enemy of the Sun disc, would it sound so different, though? Sure, some of those tunes are a bit quirky, but a good chunk of it is Grip Inc. 101.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:26 am

Good album. Excellent production!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm

mc666 wrote:
Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

all three where irreplaceable. and yes, Waldemar deserves the lion share of credit for Grip inc. then Gus, & then Dave. however in the end, it was all 3 made that band special.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis   MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/3. Grip Inc ~ Nemesis
Page 1 of 1