Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Archer, Season 1: Episodes 2-5
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Last night I watched The Sitter and Wanderlust.

Today the Motorhead episode of Behind The Music Remastered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:49 am

Community - Season One
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 51igdMPUa%2BL._SX500_
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:25 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Burt-Wonderstone

OMG this movie was feakin' hilarious! Light years ahead better than I thought it would be.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Good-day-to-die-hard-poster

Simple. If you enjoy the Die Hard franchise, you should like this one. If you don't, you wouldn't bother seeing it in the first place.

Now:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Die-hard-movie-poster

The new one got me in the mood Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am

Over the weekend:

The Amazing Spiderman - It's be easier to just list the things I liked about this reebot. Emma Stone is pretty cute.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - Great. Much darker and funnier that I expected. And *spoiler alert*, the "end of the world" really happens. It's not just some cute tag-line.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am

Last night was "Behind The Music:Motorhead" and "Vikings"

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Over the weekend:

The Amazing Spiderman - It's be easier to just list the things I liked about this reebot. Emma Stone is pretty cute.

I liked the first half of the movie pretty well, once the main villain came into play and all the character development was thrown out in favor of smash up CGI action I tuned out. Emma Stone was the main reason I watched it. Razz

It was a "contractual obligation film", they had to release something to keep from losing the license to Spiderman, just wish they had decided to go in a different direction instead of giving us another origin story flick.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Over the weekend:

I liked the first half of the movie pretty well, once the main villain came into play and all the character development was thrown out in favor of smash up CGI action I tuned out. Emma Stone was the main reason I watched it. Razz

It was a "contractual obligation film", they had to release something to keep from losing the license to Spiderman, just wish they had decided to go in a different direction instead of giving us another origin story flick.

I swore I'd never watch it in the first place because of it being a point-less reboot, but I tivoed it off of cable and figured I'd give it a shot. I admit I went into it with a negative nit-picking attitude, so that certainly didn't help things. I fast-forwarded through allot of it after the first 45 minutes or so. I just didn't like it overall.

'Seeking a Friend...' however was so much more a pleasurable experience. I went into that one with no expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 pm

I actually enjoyed the Spider-Man re-boot, and I was expecting to hate it.
I like the chemistry of the young actor playing Spider-Man and Emma Stone, it was cool to have Dennis Leary in the film, and it was not the most original story but I thought it was pretty faithful to the original comic book.

I even enjoyed Sally Field's performance as Aunt May thou they did not give her much to do
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
I actually enjoyed the Spider-Man re-boot, and I was expecting to hate it.
I like the chemistry of the young actor playing Spider-Man and Emma Stone, it was cool to have Dennis Leary in the film, and it was not the most original story but I thought it was pretty faithful to the original comic book.

I even enjoyed Sally Field's performance as Aunt May thou they did not give her much to do

Funny. I did NOT like Dennis Leary in there. I had no idea he was even in it until he showed up on screen. I can't see him as anything else except a chain-smoking, ranting Dennis Leary.

And I guess I have too much of the comic book imagery burned into my brain because I can't see Aunt May as anything but a grey-haired, kindly old fossil of a woman that baked cookies and kissed you goodnight. Sally Field looked too young to me. Martin Sheen's turn as a grumpy hard-assed Uncle Ben didn't work either. Uncle Ben was a kindly old man that gave sage advice and played catch in the backyard. Sheen yelled at kids to get off his lawn.

Ahh, I could go on and on about what I didn't like about the movie, but what does it matter. Enough people liked it and the sequel is on it's way. I'm rapidly ageing out of that "key demographic" and slowing turning into Grandpa Simpson.

And by the way, here's the first pic of Jamie Foxx as 'Electro' in the upcoming sequel. Smurfy!!

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Jamie-foxx-electro-lights

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And by the way, here's the first pic of Jamie Foxx as 'Electro' in the upcoming sequel. Smurfy!!

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Jamie-foxx-electro-lights

Saw that over the weekend and although the concept is cool, that is NOT Electro.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 0027_w5_electro

I guess they figured his costume was too goofy translated into the real world.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Over the weekend, caught a few old horror movies:

Burnt Offerings (1976) starring Oliver Reed and Karen Black as people who rent a house over the summer where everything is not quite as it appears.

Food Of The Gods (1976) starring Marjoe Gortner as a man stuck on an island infested by giant rats. Loved this as a kid, does not hold up well today.

Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors (1965) - a pretty cool anthology film starring Peter Cushing,Christopher Lee, and Donald Sutherland. Pretty enjoyable.

Also caught Top Secret ! - a 1984 parody film by the Zuckers and Jim Abrahams (same guys who did Airplane!) and I fouind this very hilarious but not up to Airplane ! standards.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I thought Sam Raimi was on the right track with the Spiderman franchise until I saw three and thought, "what the hell, man?" It's not really a bad flick until you compare it to the first two. It should have been so much better, especially after the roller-coaster ride the second one was. It's too bad he lost sight of it all, could've had a knockout finish with 3. The reboot, which I've not seen, has to be one of the most surreal concepts in modern Hollywood.

Same thing happened with X-Men though, largely due to Singer's abandonment.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:11 pm

007 wrote:

Also caught Top Secret ! - a 1984 parody film by the Zuckers and Jim Abrahams (same guys who did Airplane!) and I fouind this very hilarious but not up to Airplane ! standards.

Top Secret is great! You are correct, not as good as Airplane, but it;s still awesome
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I thought Sam Raimi was on the right track with the Spiderman franchise until I saw three and thought, "what the hell, man?" It's not really a bad flick until you compare it to the first two. It should have been so much better, especially after the roller-coaster ride the second one was. It's too bad he lost sight of it all, could've had a knockout finish with 3. The reboot, which I've not seen, has to be one of the most surreal concepts in modern Hollywood.

Spiderman 3 sucked - it could have been so much better.....

BTW - Singer is directing the next X-Men prequel (which features both the prequel and original cast. Flick is called X-Men:Days Of Future Past)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

BTW - Singer is directing the next X-Men prequel (which features both the prequel and original cast. Flick is called X-Men:Days Of Future Past)

Cool ! That's the first I heard of that. I'm assuming that it's following the storyline from the book way back in 1981.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 pm

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Cool ! That's the first I heard of that. I'm assuming that it's following the storyline from the book way back in 1981.

Yes, that is correct!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Watched the next installment of "Defiance" on SyFy

Character development going good so far.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Yes, that is correct!

I heard, this is great news. He also said somewhere--well, he basically blasted what Hollywood did after he left the franchise, basically called it all horseshit. He's a good man, I'm sure he'll do a fine job with 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 am

I enjoyed the X-Men: First Class movie, thought it was quite well-done for the genre.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:59 am

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Top Secret is great! You are correct, not as good as Airplane, but it;s still awesome

My best friend and I quoted that one ad nauseam. So many great visual gags and puns. Not quite Airplane! quality (or Flying High!, as it's known in Australia), but still frequently hilarious. My favourite scene is the potato farm shootout.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 am

Quote :
I enjoyed the X-Men: First Class movie, thought it was quite well-done for the genre.

Me too, I think it may have been the best X-Men movie thus far.

On topic... last night I watched 2 episodes of A&E's "Bates Motel," so I'm all caught up. Norma Bates is the most lovably insane MILF on television right now. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Community - Season Two

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Tumblr_m06dqhCuEl1qeqd52o1_r2_400

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 pm

"Seven Psychopaths"

Christopher Walken, Tom Waits, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrellson, Colin Farrell .. in the same film, really feels like it should have been pushed further than it was. But there are brilliant moments and a whole lot of standout lines, nonetheless. Amazing cinematography too. The movie just gets a little lost at times and doesn't completely seize the moment every time it should. Still, I would recommend checking it out. No description because it feels like going into it would eventually just unravel everything about the movie so I'll just say it's Tarantino-ish, I guess.

Also, the Thor 2 trailer actually looks really good, the first 'Thor' had this huge load of potential and then ended up being one of the most predictable things I've sat through, plus Natalie Portman being useless.

Also, being a Coppola freak, I evidently need to see 'Twixt'.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next