Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Skid Row EP On The Way

Go down 
+17
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
bgsully
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
James B.
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Which has been there problem, too much meh.

Maybe this "EP" should be a one-track CD single. lol!

Forget that; a half-track single. Cuts off after the second chorus! lol! Costs a buck.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

Call me crazy, but I thought the new ep sounded pretty decent. Much better than anything they've released during all of the Sollinger-era. It almost sounds like Skid Row again.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Almost. I don't hate it but it's not something i'll listen to a lot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Almost. I don't hate it but it's not something i'll listen to a lot.

Yea, it didn't blow me away or anything, but it sounded better than I thought it would. I'm not getting it anytime soon, but if I saw it cheap somewhere down the line, I might pick it up. Which is more than I can say for their other Sollinger releases. I've passed them up before in the used bins and will continue to do so.

Anyone really jonesing for some 80's type Skid Row tunage should give the new Crashdiet a test-spin. It's not exactly the same, but it's heavier than their glammy-looks would have you believe and has the same sorta vibe of old SR. Occasionally the singer sounds a little like Bas too.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Really? May have to give them a spin.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Quote :
Anyone really jonesing for some 80's type Skid Row tunage should give the new Crashdiet a test-spin. It's not exactly the same, but it's heavier than their glammy-looks would have you believe and has the same sorta vibe of old SR. Occasionally the singer sounds a little like Bas too.

Wut dis guy sez, right here. Crashdiet does indeed womp some serious booty.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Wut dis guy sez, right here. Crashdiet does indeed womp some serious booty.

I've had them on all morning for work. Killer stuff, not as SR as I'd like, but certainly metal in their own right. Horrible name, though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, I listened and it's decent but it just seems to make me want to break out the old albums. Cray Lixx is the same way, for some reason they remind me of Night Ranger.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well, I listened and it's decent but it just seems to make me want to break out the old albums. Cray Lixx is the same way, for some reason they remind me of Night Ranger.
And this new Crashdiet is much better than their earlier stuff IMO. This band just doesn't grab me for some reason.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm

I bought the new Skids EP, which is the first time I've gotten a new SR release since Slave to the Grind. I bought it based on the first song, which I liked.

I ended up liking 2 songs on the EP, and basically hating the other 3. Definitely wasn't worth the purchase.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 am

Bump for next ep news. It now has an official release date...

Quote :
The highly anticipated new seven song EP 'United World Rebellion - Part 2', set for release on August 5th via Megaforce Records.

Much to my surprise and my staunch anti-Bach stance, I really enjoyed the last ep. Hopefully this one follows in the same vein.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Much to my surprise and my staunch anti-Bach stance, I really enjoyed the last ep. Hopefully this one follows in the same vein.

Well, since I sold you mine for cheap on eBay, after only being into 2 of the 5 tracks, I won't be blind buying the new EP.

I will, however, give it a listen on Spotify or wherever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, since I sold you mine for cheap on eBay, after only being into 2 of the 5 tracks, I won't be blind buying the new EP.

Nah, you should buy this new one, then re-sell it to me cheap again. Razz

This reminds me though that I need to pull that one out again. I just hate ep's, especially when their good ones that are done too soon.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nah, you should buy this new one, then re-sell it to me cheap again. Razz

This reminds me though that I need to pull that one out again. I just hate ep's, especially when their good ones that are done too soon.

Ha, well if I have a mometary burst of impulse buy and then regret it, we can work something out.

At least once the second one comes out, you can either rip them to your iPod and make one 12-song-long album-styled playlist, or rip them both to a single CD. Then it's like you got a whole album there.

Some times I feel like doing this type of thing, but rarely do. I really should for some of the download-only EPs I get, and then make a CD with a nice cover and stuff...but I get lazy and just listen to my iPOD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:40 pm

I still haven't gotten the last EP. Sheesh.

I was in Best Buy a week or two ago and saw it in the bargain-bin CD barrel but the price tag was 9.99 (!!) which seemed a little steep for five or six tracks, so I left it there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 am

"Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two" EP track listing:

01. We Are The Damned
02. Give It The Gun
03. Catch Your Fall
04. Damnation Army
05. Zero Day

Bonus tracks:

06. Sheer Heart Attack (QUEEN cover)
07. Rats In The Cellar (AEROSMITH cover)

Sounds pretty good to me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Yup. Sounds like another winner to me.

Of course, I still need to buy the first EP. I want the version with bonus twacks. =(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yup. Sounds like another winner to me.

Of course, I still need to buy the first EP. I want the version with bonus twacks. =(

I wouldn't mind that one myself, but I think they were Japan-only. Maybe Europe too. If Kmorg every bothered to come around here anymore, perhaps he'd hook you up.  Razz 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:39 pm

A few months ago I never would have even considered this a possibility, but at the moment I'd say this EP could very well be better than the latest Sebastian Bach offering.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 pm

glassprison wrote:
A few months ago I never would have even considered this a possibility, but at the moment I'd say this EP could very well be better than the latest Sebastian Bach offering.

The last EP blows Bach's new one away, so if they follow suit with this one...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Click on the link and scroll down to stream the new ep...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-entire-rise-of-the-damnation-army-united-world-rebellion-chapter-two-ep-available-for-streaming/

Sounds great!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Their cover of Aerosmith's 'Rats in the Cellar' smokes. I'd buy it for that alone.

Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

I remember seeing somewhere someone posting a Sebastan Bach picture and asking if "he" was a "patricinha" or a rock singer ... I call them "Skid Rosca" ...

No offense intended I HATE this band ... they actually have some "good" songs (18 and life) but for me they are just another glam band that happened to be commercially sucesfull and loved and idolazed by teenage girls here and everywhere ...

Last edited by Headbanger Man on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 pm

They are (for me) in the same league as Bon Jovi , Warrant , Nelson , Poison, etc ... If I want good hard rock I´d go with 70´s stuff , never any 80´s poppy pseudo rock BS.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Quote :
they are just another glam band that happened to be commercially sucesfull and loved and idolazed by teenage girls here and everywhere ...

Fair enough; but I don't think any of their actual albums have been that way since the first album.

As for the new EP, it sounds, naturally, like a continuation of the first installment. I like the songs, but Solinger's voice gets a bit annoying for me. I've seen him live several times, and I like the way he pulls off the Skid Row material in that setting, but their studio recordings always just leave something to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Skid Row EP On The Way
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next