Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Skid Row EP On The Way

Go down 
+17
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
bgsully
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
James B.
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Wow...that song is about as generic as you can get. But you're right. I can hear that being a radio hit. Pure contractor rock.

Laughing very hard That song is terrible!! Laughing very hard

It really is! Which is a shame because Skid Row was a band that I respected (very rare for that type of band at that time), although they didn't play the kind of music that I liked, they were a decent band and Baz was a hell of a frontman.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Sounds like a Shinedown song...not bad, but unrecognizable as Skid Row.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

That does sort of sound like a Shinedown song except Shinedown writes memorable melodies IMO; I just don't think this song is all that memorable. It sure doesn't sound like Skid Row.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 pm

"Ghost" is a great song. Put it in the context of "Skid Row," especially "Skid Row circa 1990," this song can be a disappointment. Can't imagine many people complaining if this were a song by Shinedown, you know.

It's great modern rock.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Quote :
great modern rock

If you say so.

They need to change their name. Midwestern 80's throwbacks aren't keeping these guys in dough. Time to sever ties with the past and carry on as generic hard rock without a history.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:19 am

Agreed. I'm not getting these guys anymore; Johnny's a hair band guy, Snake's all about thrash, Bolan's a punk nut, Scotti is a fan of hard rock a la AC/DC (I know nothing about their latest drummer). So where is all this modern rock/nu metal/borderline emo vibe coming from?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:56 pm

I know this thread is old, but I finally got up the nerve to check out that video, came here to say wtf. It did nothing but piss me off. F*ck Skid Row. I grew up with this band, they were a part of my life. Now I don't want anything to do with them. Bunch of pussies that do nothing but embarrass themselves. The music is just boring and hook-less and generic as shit. The video doesn't even help; Johnny is emoting way too much and it looks goofy (probably trying too hard again), the rest of the band look bored. Shame on all of them. 3 Doors Down write better music than this; hell, at least they're catchy. All I can say now is I'm out, they're not getting another damn dime from my pocket for what will be a monumentally shitty EP. Idiots.

While I'm on a rant, I'm f*cking tired of music videos depicting fighting couples. It's pretty much boilerplate imagery at this point.

Sorry about the cursing; I'll try to watch it next time I'm this mad.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Wow. I mean, it's not ground-shatteringly surprising, but it's just so bad. Why even make music?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm

The whole thing is now streaming:
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/01951.shtml

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I know this thread is old, but I finally got up the nerve to check out that video, came here to say wtf. It did nothing but piss me off. F*ck Skid Row. I grew up with this band, they were a part of my life. Now I don't want anything to do with them. Bunch of pussies that do nothing but embarrass themselves. The music is just boring and hook-less and generic as shit. The video doesn't even help; Johnny is emoting way too much and it looks goofy (probably trying too hard again), the rest of the band look bored. Shame on all of them. 3 Doors Down write better music than this; hell, at least they're catchy. All I can say now is I'm out, they're not getting another damn dime from my pocket for what will be a monumentally shitty EP. Idiots.

While I'm on a rant, I'm f*cking tired of music videos depicting fighting couples. It's pretty much boilerplate imagery at this point.

This post is the kind of thing someone should be embarrassed about, not that video or song.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

This post is the kind of thing someone should be embarrassed about, not that video or song.

Aaaaaaaand why is that.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 am

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Aaaaaaaand why is that.
Because it is absurdly immature. You're pissed off that a band is playing music you're not into? First off, this is the third album they've released that is different from the stuff they did in their heyday. If the band was such a big part of your life, shouldn't you have gotten all this anger out a decade ago when they released Thickskin?

Your entire post comes off like a child who has learned that crying will get him some attention.

I mean, "Shame on all of them." Shame on them? Seriously, dude? Shame on you.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

That's rather condescending.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 am

I think it's an awesome post lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

Hey corpl, don't take it personal. We have strong opinions about music but at the end of the day it's all good. Well, S.D. and Eyesore are still arranging their UFC match but other then that, we all friends.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hey corpl, don't take it personal. We have strong opinions about music but at the end of the day it's all good. Well, S.D. and Eyesore are still arranging their UFC match but other then that, we all friends.

My money is on Eyesore. That guy is like 300 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 am

And S.D. is a hipster and their pants are too tight to fight in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
And S.D. is a hipster and their pants are too tight to fight in. Very Happy

SD is far from a hipster. Think more like that guy in the neighborhood who would buy you beer as a youth.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 pm

You're ruining his image.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 pm

No worries; was just a surreal moment for me. Unaffected, moving on...

Anyway I just heard the stream of the EP, and I must say, I'm surprisingly pleased. It's closer to Thickskin so there were some grrrr moments for me but overall they brought a lot of the post-thrash elements from Slave back. So I stand corrected about the EP. It brought me some hope.

But still. F*ck you, Skid Row. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:01 pm

I have not heard any of the post-Bach Skid Row material, but I am surprised if the quality is as piss poor as you say. I like Skid Row and Bach is incredible frontman, but he was not the main songwriter of the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 pm

I listened to the EP a couple of times on MegaForce's Soundcloud page last night... it started out very promising with the "Kings of Demolition" track (great song, definitely has the "vintage" Skid Row vibe) but after that track it kinda falls off the cliff. The other four songs are pretty "meh."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Which has been there problem, too much meh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Which has been there problem, too much meh.

Maybe this "EP" should've beeen a one-track CD single. lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm

For a band raised on other bands that provoke the polar opposite of meh, I'm shocked they're churning out so much meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Skid Row EP On The Way
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next