Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Skid Row EP On The Way

Go down 
+17
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
bgsully
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
James B.
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:47 pm

I like Guns and Roses (for example) music a lot , its harsher , far less "poppy" , more "tought guy" , 70´s rooted Hard Rock , yet they had a lot more commercial sucess than "Skid Rosca". i dismiss Skid Rosca with passion since I was 16 . I´d never spend a penny on "Skid Rosca" and I´d not listen to their music not even if someone gave a copy of a CD ...

I actually became a Guns and Roses hater back in 1992 when they became really "mainstream" , but listening to "Appetite" I can recognize that it is a great Hard Rock album ...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 pm

yeah I love these wimpy songs

I could on and on.....

Last edited by James B. on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 pm

This new E.P just smokes!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:25 pm

James B. wrote:

Kick ass killer song
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere someone posting a Sebastan Bach picture and asking if "he" was a "patricinha" or a rock singer ... I call them "Skid Rosca" ...

No offense intended I HATE this band ... they actually have some "good" songs (18 and life) but for me they are just another glam band that happened to be commercially sucesfull and loved and idolazed by teenage girls here and everywhere ...

Really can't take you seriously if you think they were a glam band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
I like Guns and Roses (for example) music a lot , its harsher , far less "poppy" , more "tought guy" , 70´s rooted Hard Rock , yet they had a lot more commercial sucess than "Skid Rosca". i dismiss Skid Rosca with passion since I was 16 . I´d never spend a penny on "Skid Rosca" and I´d not listen to their music not even if someone gave a copy of a CD ...

I actually became a Guns and Roses hater back in 1992 when they became really "mainstream" , but listening to "Appetite" I can recognize that it is a great Hard Rock album ...

They've never been glam, never even looked glam., ze_mau.

Their debut was very hard edged pop metal, some would even say hard rock (and well-written, for that matter). Slave to the Grind was straight up metal with a lot of thrash and punk influence, no glam at all. Their third album, Subhuman Race, was grungy heavy metal. The Solinger albums were all hard rock in different ways.

On a side note, I had no idea they had a video for Psycho Love, cool!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Quote :

That was originally released exclusively on the Skid Row 'Road Kill' home video cassette. It came with a pair of 3D glasses. I think I still have a copy down in my basement. If I remember correctly, some of the live footage was shot when they opened for Aerosmith and played the Spectrum in Philly. I was at that show, so it made this a "must-have" release.

Quote :
Road Kill is a VHS video of live performances by Skid Row. It was released on October 16, 1993. The video collects promo clips, backstage footage, amateur videos from friends and fans, and concert highlights from shows in Japan, Brazil, Ireland, Iceland, and the United States. Road Kill also includes video clips from "Psycho Love" in 3-D and the cover songs "Psycho Therapy" and "C'mon And Love Me" which featured on the bands most recent release B-Side Ourselves. Running time is 120 minutes.

Track listing[edit]
"Big Guns"
"Piece of Me"
"Here I Am"
"Midnight/Tornado"
"Mudkicker"
"Get the F*ck Out"
"18 and Life"
"Monkey Business"
"Slave to the Grind"
"Psycho Love" (Video in 3-D)
"Psycho Therapy"
"C'mon And Love Me"

New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Skid_Row_Road_Kill

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

That was originally released exclusively on the Skid Row 'Road Kill' home video cassette. It came with a pair of 3D glasses. I think I still have a copy down in my basement. If I remember correctly, some of the live footage was shot when they opened for Aerosmith and played the Spectrum in Philly. I was at that show, so it made this a "must-have" release.

Quote :
Road Kill is a VHS video of live performances by Skid Row. It was released on October 16, 1993. The video collects promo clips, backstage footage, amateur videos from friends and fans, and concert highlights from shows in Japan, Brazil, Ireland, Iceland, and the United States. Road Kill also includes video clips from "Psycho Love" in 3-D and the cover songs "Psycho Therapy" and "C'mon And Love Me" which featured on the bands most recent release B-Side Ourselves. Running time is 120 minutes.

Track listing[edit]
"Big Guns"
"Piece of Me"
"Here I Am"
"Midnight/Tornado"
"Mudkicker"
"Get the F*ck Out"
"18 and Life"
"Monkey Business"
"Slave to the Grind"
"Psycho Love" (Video in 3-D)
"Psycho Therapy"
"C'mon And Love Me"

New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Skid_Row_Road_Kill

Oh man, do I remember that! It was available for rent at our local video joint. I should ebay this; from the cover art to the 3D gimmick this is just a rad package.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Now that you mention it, I think I may have sold my copy, along with the companion video 'Oh Say Can You Scream', on ebay a few years ago.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Now that you mention it, I think I may have sold my copy, along with the companion video 'Oh Say Can You Scream', on ebay a few years ago.

You sold something to me on Ebay a couple of years ago.  I don't remember what it was  Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:50 pm

I still have my copy, with the 3D glasses. I tried dumping it on eBay years ago, but no takers. =(
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Dump it again in a few weeks, i may pick it up. :-)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 pm

James B. wrote:

I could on and on.....

All damn good songs. I haven't been interested in this band though in a long time but may have to check into the newer stuff a little further.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Really digging the new ep. Only picked it up last night at Best Buy, but spun it 4 or 5 times already. The only minor bump in the road is the ballad. Not a bad song, but it kinda jacks-up the momentum of the album. Being only a 7 song ep, it's not necessary. Coulda stayed hard n' heavy all the way through.

PS I got the last (only?) copy at my local Best Buy. It only came out Tuesday and already...poof. Gone. Same deal with the new Kix cd. There was only 3 copies and I took one. Get 'em quick.

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Skid Row EP On The Way
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5