Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row (box set) coming!

Go down 
+2
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Skid Row (box set) coming! Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Finally a proper collection (and remastered). While the production was excellent for it’s time, the bass needs to be enhanced IMO.

I love the first two albums!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-the-atlantic-years-1989-1996-box-set-due-in-december/
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 12:31 am

I might pick it up for the right price. I already have the three studio albums, on my reason I'd want it us for the b sides, and what I assume is a live album. Nothing wrong with the way mine sounds, usually don't like the remastered stuff just on its own. Not enough to buy new copies anyways.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 8:12 am

Kind of odd that Slave doesnt include Beggar's Day (it was on the clean version replacing GTFO, and is a much better song too IMO).

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 am

I’m curious about the “Subhuman Beings on Tour” tracks. I’ve never heard those.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 12:49 pm

I own everything in this set already. I was hoping for more extras, but I'll still probably buy it.

The full Subhuman Beings On Tour EP is on YouTube.

Here's the tracklist:

Slave To The Grind
Delivering The Goods (with Rob Halford) - not the same version that's on the B-Side Ourselves EP.
Beat Yourself Blind
Psycho Therapy
Riot Act
Monkey Business
Message From The Band (secret track saying thanks to the fans)

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I own everything in this set already. I was hoping for more extras, but I'll still probably buy it.

The full Subhuman Beings On Tour EP is on YouTube.

Here's the tracklist:

Slave To The Grind
Delivering The Goods (with Rob Halford) - not the same version that's on the B-Side Ourselves EP.
Beat Yourself Blind
Psycho Therapy
Riot Act
Monkey Business
Message From The Band (secret track saying thanks to the fans)

Pretty good sound quality! Unfortunately YouTube doesn’t do my car stereo any good… I need the CD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:09 pm

This (name the record label) “years” thing must be the new marketing trend…

I just got the Lynch Mob (Elektra Years) set, now Skid Row has their Atlantic years boxset. I don’t mind… I like having everything together in a nice convenient package with improved sound quality. Of coarse more bonus material would’ve made it better!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This (name the record label) “years” thing must be the new marketing trend
Not sure it that new, I've picked up a few of these types of sets over the years. I'd say they've been doing it at least ten years give or take. I like them too, especially if it's a band I've always meant to get more into, but didn't want to buy them one at a time. Picked up a Heart box set once that was the same type of thing at a really good price.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Maybe?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 11:23 pm

James B. wrote:
Maybe?

Bet a penny? Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
Maybe?

Bet a penny? Razz

Some people melt those down for fishing bait, an involuntary process of adding zinc to one's diet Laughing very hard

If the remastering is "acceptable" to my criteria, I'll jump.
Most remastering is usually suited for small power output devices.
I dig speakers with big magnets & amps with tubes. Ya know, stuff with balls.
My  opinion

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 6:19 am

I'll pass on this. Since I own everything on it, it has nothing on it that interests me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 6:48 am

Is there a vinyl option?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 6:50 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
Maybe?

Bet a penny? Razz

Some people melt those down for fishing bait, an involuntary process of adding zinc to one's diet Laughing very hard

If the remastering is "acceptable" to my criteria, I'll jump.
Most remastering is usually suited for small power output devices.
I dig speakers with big magnets & amps with tubes. Ya know, stuff with balls.
My  opinion

Great! Now I don’t need to ask “a penny for your thoughts”... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row (box set) coming!   Skid Row (box set) coming! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row (box set) coming!
Page 1 of 1