Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row Clones

Go down 
+16
Gilbert
mikeinfla
martinsane
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Hadley
stpatrik
James B.
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Thelemech
kethdredd
Witchfinder
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 7:50 pm

I am a big fan of the first three Skid Row albums and I am looking for bands that play a similar style. Here's the bands that I am familiar with:

Sven Gali

Slik Toxik

Pyn Siren

Anybody got any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Love that Slik Toxic record.  Pyn Siren has the guy from Rage of Angels in it.  I've never heard any of their stuff.  I may have to remedy that.

Fear Not has kind of a Skid Row vibe:

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Finding some more, how about Mudslick?

Skitzotik?

I'm found these guys searching ebay for Pyn Siren.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:20 pm

That Skitzotik rips!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Do not know of any ...but I have always liked Slick Toxik \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:47 pm

I always thought it was kind of funny that after Slik Toxik broke up, one of the band members went on to play in a death metal band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Skid Row Clones Red-Siren-Animated
ZINGER ALERT!!

Razz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 pm

I had dismissed Slik Toxic since way back when and a few weeks ago came across a video on YoouTube. Great band

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Mad Margritt? Their Animal CD sounds quite like Skid Row IMO. A few tracks from it:

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Saints and Sinners
Spread Eagle
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 pm

The death metal band that one of the guys in Slik Toxik joined is called Solus, by the way.

I remember the video for this song being shown on MuchMusic (Canada's equivalent to MTV) on the show LOUD (their channel's equivalent to Headbanger's Ball) a few times back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:46 am

These are all really good but still can't hold a candle. Two unique things about Skid Row: a) a uniquely intense vocalist, and b) musicians with total punk sensibilities who could craft a mess of music delightfully. Listen closely to the first two albums. There is little sense of organization or restriction. It's chaos. Their sound is built on a foundation of insane, seizure-inducing chaos. Emulating this has proven to be more than difficult for other bands.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:19 am

Witchfinder, check out Cyclone Tracy. I think they sound somewhat similar.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:41 am

I'm digging that Cyclone Tracy, Thrasher. Nice! I found they do a cool cover of KISS's War Machine too...

James B. wrote:
I had dismissed Slik Toxic since way back when and a few weeks ago came across a video on YoouTube. Great band

I had their tape way back when as a new release but only recently replaced it with the cd. Way better than I remembered it. I hadn't heard it in years, yet the songs sounded so very familiar to me from the moment I popped in the cd. The song 'BigF*ckinDeal' really gets stuck in my head.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:52 am

Sister Sky//
Skid Row Clones 31F5KfmN-EL
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

Good suggestion. Guess what? I already own it! I forgot all about this band, so thanks for reminding me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

James B. wrote:

I had their tape way back when as a new release but only recently replaced it with the cd. Way better than I remembered it. I hadn't heard it in years, yet the songs sounded so very familiar to me from the moment I popped in the cd. The song 'BigF*ckinDeal' really gets stuck in my head.

'BigF*ckinDeal' is a total earworm.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm digging that Cyclone Tracy, Thrasher. Nice! I found they do a cool cover of KISS's War Machine too...

I like that !
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:39 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Good suggestion.  Guess what?  I already own it!  I forgot all about this band, so thanks for reminding me.

No Problem man, it's a great album.I can't remember who turned me onto that album but it was someone from this board a few years back. Maybe Toho or Eyesore.

MG, do yourself a favor and get that album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Is anyone here familiar with this new-ish band Santa Cruz from Finland? I'm seeing allot of reviews comparing them to Skid Row, amongst others. I haven't heard a full albums worth of material, but I like what I've heard so far.

I believe they have 2 albums out now, maybe an ep or 2 as well. Even if the Skid Row comparisons don't hold true, I think they'd fit in well with the resurgence of other sleazy, glammy bands, like Hardcore Superstar, Crashdiet, Reckless Love, etc. getting some attention these days.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with this new-ish band Santa Cruz from Finland?

The first album is pretty good, though I was not as stoked on it as most. I listened to the new album that came out this year (the self-titled) on Spotify and it is awful, in my opinion. It sounds like if they were a sleaze band in the late 80s, what their new album would've sounded like in 1995. Whatever album you might hate from your favorite sleaze band, that's probably what this is like.

On a related note, not really a Skids clone or anything, but on a Cruz tip, I really like the (I believe only) album De La Cruz put out a couple years ago:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Zombiehavoc wrote:
I listened to the new album that came out this year (the self-titled) on Spotify and it is awful, in my opinion. It sounds like if they were a sleaze band in the late 80s, what their new album would've sounded like in 1995. Whatever album you might hate from your favorite sleaze band, that's probably what this is like.

Interesting. I thought the newer s/t album sounded pretty good. The little bits I've heard anyway.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:12 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with this new-ish band Santa Cruz from Finland?

On a related note, not really a Skids clone or anything, but on a Cruz tip, I really like the (I believe only) album De La Cruz put out a couple years ago:

Now that I like.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

ZombieHavoc wrote:

All of these are really good !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skid Row Clones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row Clones
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next