Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Regardless of what side it is or if I agree with it, I don't like being lectured to. His lyrics these days are blunt as a sledge hammer "THINK THIS OR ELSE!!!!" Its not fun.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12631

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Regardless of what side it is or if I agree with it, I don't like being lectured to. His lyrics these days are blunt as a sledge hammer "THINK THIS OR ELSE!!!!" Its not fun.

MegaDave is like that even in the non-political tunes. IMHDO

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I don't think that he's threatening you with anything if you don't agree with him, it's just an opinion.

I like it when bands have something to say, I liked it when Metallica had things to say about government, war etc, then someone at the company showed them a load of spreadsheets about how this might affect sales and now the most controversial thing about them is the fact that James now thinks he's a table! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

James B. wrote:
At least MegaDave still writes about his "beliefs" in words and music. I have seen alot of clips of musicians standing onstage and ranting their beliefs for over an hour. I would hate to pay money for a concert and have to sit thru a bunch of talking. Even if I agreed with it.

Go MegaDave....looking forward to whatever comes down the pipe.

me too. I find it pretty refreshing to actually hear Dave rants because they go against the typical metal message. Now I am not sure I subscribe to his theories but, much like Sons of Liberty, I enjoy the different point of view.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:57 am

exact33 wrote:
James B. wrote:
At least MegaDave still writes about his "beliefs" in words and music. I have seen alot of clips of musicians standing onstage and ranting their beliefs for over an hour. I would hate to pay money for a concert and have to sit thru a bunch of talking. Even if I agreed with it.

Go MegaDave....looking forward to whatever comes down the pipe.

me too. I find it pretty refreshing to actually hear Dave rants because they go against the typical metal message. Now I am not sure I subscribe to his theories but, much like Sons of Liberty, I enjoy the different point of view.

Im looking forward to this too

Exact - Ahhhhhh ok, good job I chuckled when I first saw the matter of burgers and fries hehe
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 am

I'm there too. I like that being excessively liberal is so central to the oh so rebellious (hahahaha) 'message of metal', what with all its supposed free speech flag-waving, and someone like Dave comes along and suddenly panties are in a wad because some time ago or something some religious people pissed people off or whatever. I like that, and I certainly identify more with what he has to say than the vague thumb-suckling negativity of a lot of bands.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I don't think that he's threatening you with anything if you don't agree with him, it's just an opinion.

I like it when bands have something to say, I liked it when Metallica had things to say about government, war etc, then someone at the company showed them a load of spreadsheets about how this might affect sales and now the most controversial thing about them is the fact that James now thinks he's a table! Laughing very hard

Thats exactly what Dave's rants these days feel like though, spreadsheets and numbers. Its not the same thing as Peace Sells or Holy Wars or Kick The Chair or whatever.

Like I said before, its not fun. For me polarizing politics and music do not mix.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
If he keeps the political "lectures" to a minimum, I might actually buy this one.

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else even though I'm a million miles away from a lot of his stuff. 'Washington Is Next' is probably my favorite 'Modern Megadeth' song and that has crazy lyrics.

I don't mind Washington is Next. Its probably also my favorite post TSHF track too. Thats an example of something not being rammed down your throat with a viewpoint anyone can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm there too. I like that being excessively liberal is so central to the oh so rebellious (hahahaha) 'message of metal', what with all its supposed free speech flag-waving, and someone like Dave comes along and suddenly panties are in a wad because some time ago or something some religious people pissed people off or whatever. I like that, and I certainly identify more with what he has to say than the vague thumb-suckling negativity of a lot of bands.

i like the fact that he is against the current establishment - being rebellious to the powers that are is great in my book. I applaud he doesnt give them a free pass and is right out there giving them grief.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am

Super Collider has been give an official release date of June 4th. Artwork and track listing are coming soon.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Super Collider has been give an official release date of June 4th. Artwork and track listing are coming soon.

headbanger

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

MegaDave= headbanger

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:43 pm

[quote="James B."]
Chairman_Smith wrote:

MegaDave is like that even in the non-political tunes. IMHDO[/quote

Do u want a laugh? You know the song 'Holy Wars' -- well, we were doing the Megedeth leg in 1987, my mate was doing the driving on the tour of the SOUTH AND NORTH. We do the SFX, getting hammered with Sanctuary well chilled, and Deth went down a storm.

We went up to ANTRIM in the North of Ireland (NOT THE SOUTH) - and Dave shouted up a certain body on stage, he's so out of it. The North is divided, and he got his sums wrong, wrong crowd - we had to rush him off stage into the bus, while the bus windows got smashed to pieces, we barely got out of there. That's where the song 'Holy Wars' comes from, live in the flesh.

I shit you not.

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 pm

MEGADETH = Killing is My Business --->Youthanasia.

°MEH°GADETH = Cryptic Writings ----> Present (Man, these albums have absolutely NO replay value at all)

Of course the new album should suck (surprise, surprise)... lol!

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Your opinion. I think the last four have been very good releases.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 pm

I think that Megadeth's recent output has been the strongest of the big 4 (I wasn't a huge fan of Thirteen though)

I'm looking forward to the record although it's unlikely to be earth shattering.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Your opinion. I think the last four have been very good releases.

Hear! Hear!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 am

How can somebody dig on "Youthanasia" and not like "United Abominations" or "The System Has Failed" ?

There are aspects of every era on the last 4 Megadeth releases. (mileage may vary)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 am

I tend to listen to System Has Failed and Endgame more than a lot of the "classic" Deth nowadays. Not that I think it's better than that stuff, but I've heard the oldies so many times that I'm kinda burnt out on 'em

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I tend to listen to System Has Failed and Endgame more than a lot of the "classic" Deth nowadays. Not that I think it's better than that stuff, but I've heard the oldies so many times that I'm kinda burnt out on 'em

The System has Failed is a good record. I didnt care for UA all that much but Thirteen has been a good listen.

journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:17 pm

The last one I bought was Countdown to Extinction. Guess I need to go shopping and catch up.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 am

I recently got Peace Sells and thats a great album, I like every Megadeth album I own (Youthanasia, Rust in Peace, Peace Sells, System Has Failed, UA, Endgame, 13, Cryptic Writings, Risk, Countdown to Extinction, Hidden Treasures) I think I listen to it all pretty equally

Im thinking for me Super Collider is gonna be a pre-order
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:31 pm

To me The System Has Failed was the last really good Megadeth album. I like majorities off UA and Endgame though, however I didn't take to them immediatley like past releases.

Thirteen I liked maybe half of it, but I think Thirteen was a "lets get out of Roadrunner" filler record, so I'm not gonna write them off for the next one.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm

I think The System Has Failed up to present have all been fantastic. Their mid career slump though (Cryptic Writings,Risk, and to a lesser extent The World Needs A Hero) is where I tend to nod off and ignore. Mostly the're collection fillers.

As for Super Collider, bring it on !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Quote :
I think Thirteen was a "lets get out of Roadrunner" filler record

That's exactly what it was. Hell, they even re-recorded two old demo songs and tacked'em onto the record just so they could finish the album quicker and get the hell out of Dodge faster.

I enjoyed about half of Th1rt3en myself but thought it was a let down after Endgame. I'm hoping that the new one will be better since Dave seems to be in a better headspace at the moment...

Quote :
Their mid career slump though (Cryptic Writings,Risk, and to a lesser extent The World Needs A Hero) is where I tend to nod off and ignore.

^^wut dis guy sez. I don't mind Cryptic so much, but Risk and World Needs were misfires.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next