Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 am

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I hope it's better than Thirteen. That was the very definition of a rushed and lazy album.

Boring songs, horrendous mix. I'm sure the engineer said "let's take the weakest element of the band (Dave's voice) and put it as loud in the mix as possible, let's drown out the guitars!"

Razz

Yep. It's also not a good sign when 4 of the 13 tracks were just re-recordings of previously released material.

Dave just wanted to get the hell out of his Roadrunner contract as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:38 am

Always loved Megadeth, waiting for this as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 am

007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
If he keeps the political "lectures" to a minimum, I might actually buy this one.

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else

Same here. As long as the music is good, I'm cool with it.

Same here too. With me being a conservative, if I let political views in music bother me (or in Hollywood for that matter), I would miss out on a large portion of my music listening.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 am

Speaking of Megadeth I have most of my cds in storage as I have no room for them here in this apt. (Next one better be big enough dag namit hehe) Anyways I was going through my folders on my laptop and what did I find in my music folder

Ripped Mp3s of
Rust in Peace
Countdown to Extinction
Youthanasia
Hidden Treasures

all albums i have bought but in a plastic container in storage So imagine my joy as Ive been wanting to listen to Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction heheh

Oh yeah still looking forward to the new one
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Yep. It's also not a good sign when 4 of the 13 tracks were just re-recordings of previously released material.

I'd say that was a sign that Dave simply wanted to finish the album as quickly as possible so he could fulfill his contract w/Roadrunner and get the hell out of Dodge. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I can probably name 5 songs off the last two albums that I REALLY liked. That said, Megadeth is still an all-time fave so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
If he keeps the political "lectures" to a minimum, I might actually buy this one.

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else

Same here. As long as the music is good, I'm cool with it.

Same here too. With me being a conservative, if I let political views in music bother me (or in Hollywood for that matter), I would miss out on a large portion of my music listening.

Maybe it's just how things appear depending on what side you are on, but I feel the opposite--like most music I listen to, the musicians are conservatives. So being liberal as hell, I'm like okay, if I want to listen to these dudes I have to not care about how far on the other end they are.

Of course there are big exceptions: Springsteen, Neil Young, etc. Good ol' liberal rock n' roll. But a lot of my favorites are more to the right politically, even if they don't incorporate it into their music, such as the Coop.

I don't really know what you'd call Mustaine though. He's certainly bashed the current president, but he did his fair share of ranting about Bush too. Mustaine is just crazy, I think.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I can't help think that they are setting the bar a bit high, comparing it to Killing Is My Business.

That album is by far my favorite Megadeth LP, if it wasn't for the crummy production it would be right up there with the all time classics, however, I doubt that he has the players for that kind of intensity these days, no Gar, no Chris and Dave himself is hardly the raging ball of intense fury that he was on that record.

I'm not knocking the guys that are Megadeth now, I just doubt that they can produce a record like that.

As for his political views, I think that he's somewhere between Jesse Ventura and David Icke!! New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 82702
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 am

I consider United Abominations to be the best Megadeth album in the last decade.

Sleepwalker is one hell of a track headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 am

Gilbert wrote:
I consider United Abominations to be the best Megadeth album in the last decade.

You'll get no argument from me. Though I can't speak for a lot of others around here. Not an overly popular album around these parts.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else even though I'm a million miles away from a lot of his stuff. 'Washington Is Next' is probably my favorite 'Modern Megadeth' song and that has crazy lyrics.

Dave's become increasingly Froot Loopy with his political rants over the past couple of albums (I think he's been drinkin' too much of the Kool-Aid at Alex Jones' house) but as long as it keeps him angry, I'm fine with it. When Dave Mustaine is angry, he makes cool speed metal records. When he was happy, he was making middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

Dave's lyrics are nowhere near a loopy as Warrior Soul so if i can stand them, Megadeth is easy.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 am

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Dave's become increasingly Froot Loopy with his political rants over the past couple of albums (I think he's been drinkin' too much of the Kool-Aid at Alex Jones' house) but as long as it keeps him angry, I'm fine with it. When Dave Mustaine is angry, he makes cool speed metal records. When he was happy, he was making middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

Dave's lyrics are nowhere near a loopy as Warrior Soul so if i can stand them, Megadeth is easy.

I dunno, with Dave's "The New World Order is coming, the Illuminati are putting mercury in our sandwiches" and Kory Clarke's "9/11 was an inside job, stop the rise of the Fourth Reich" I'd say they're about dead even at this point.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I dunno, with Dave's "The New World Order is coming, the Illuminati are putting mercury in our sandwiches" and Kory's "9/11 was an inside job, the Fourth Reich is here" I'd say they're about dead even at this point.

yeah but Kory wins by just sheer volume of loopy lyrics - Last Decade Dead Century is one long rant...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

exact33 wrote:
Last Decade Dead Century is one long rant...

Which is what makes it so awesome. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Last Decade Dead Century is one long rant...

Which is what makes it so awesome. Very Happy

true but Dave has not even approach Kory level loopiness in my book.

DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:36 am

Not that he won't try Razz

Gonna be be doing a lot of driving today, so I stocked my car with a ton of megadeth so I can RATTLE MY GODDAMN HEAD New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 506406 headbanger New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 506406

I'm stoked for the new one this summer, Megadeth is my all time favorite band so of course I'm in all the way.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:43 am

exact33 wrote:

yeah but Kory wins by just sheer volume of loopy lyrics - Last Decade Dead Century is one long rant...

at least ya got a condensed version on the cassette (the spoken word "four more years" was edited) Laughing very hard

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am

James B. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

at least ya got a condensed version on the cassette (the spoken word "four more years" was edited) Laughing very hard

Razz

too bad they didnt do that on the cd. Can they do an 'un' bonus track and leave it off altogether?

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 am

exact33 wrote:
James B. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Razz

too bad they didnt do that on the cd. Can they do an 'un' bonus track and leave it off altogether?

yeah that "four more years" would of been better if he waited a few more albums and out it on before "The Party". It lost any impact being followed by "Superpower Dreamland"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:56 am

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else even though I'm a million miles away from a lot of his stuff. 'Washington Is Next' is probably my favorite 'Modern Megadeth' song and that has crazy lyrics.

A little off topic but Exact is that origiinally Iced Earth's Glorious Brother album cover originally in your signature? I think it was called Glorious Brother it was the civil war themed album they did....

On topic.....

I love Megadeth easily one of my top 2 favorite metal bands. theres alot of songs I like spanning their entire catalog. When I first started digging into them, I thought I would only dig albums like System Has Failed, Youthanasia but I also love Countdown to Extinction, Rust in Peace (awesome album) I intend to get every single studio album theyve done thats just me though. 2013 is gonna be a decent music year for me with new Megadeth, new David Bowie and who knows what other musical treasures ill discover this year. Very Happy

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Addy wrote:

A little off topic but Exact is that origiinally Iced Earth's Glorious Brother album cover originally in your signature? I think it was called Glorious Brother it was the civil war themed album they did....

This is The King's interpretation of Maiden's "A Matter of Life and Death".

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Album-iron-maiden-a-matter-of-life-and-death-limited-deluxe-edition-with-bonus-dvd

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 pm

exact33 wrote:
Addy wrote:

This is The King's interpretation of Maiden's "A Matter of Life and Death".

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Album-iron-maiden-a-matter-of-life-and-death-limited-deluxe-edition-with-bonus-dvd

headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I was kinda/sorta doing this surprised

Civil War theme and a picture of a tank...dudes with machine guns

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 pm

I can't wait I really liked thirteen but I think they can't top Endgame!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

At least MegaDave still writes about his "beliefs" in words and music. I have seen alot of clips of musicians standing onstage and ranting their beliefs for over an hour. I would hate to pay money for a concert and have to sit thru a bunch of talking. Even if I agreed with it.

Go MegaDave....looking forward to whatever comes down the pipe.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next