Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]

Go down 
+33
Short-Fuse
Glower
SideShowDisaSter
Red Kitty
Alex Dee Rokket
ozzman
springozzy
Joe
dirtracin1
jettafiend
kmorg
Lari
chewie
Temple of Blood
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
Fat Freddy
jstate
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mc666
Hadley
James B.
martinsane
Dark Horseman
Wurthless
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 am

James B. wrote:
Hey Sax, I answered you question ya asked earlier in this thread and I don't owe ya 8.50

Doesn't mean I ain't gonna scour the entire Big Sky in search of my eight fitty.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
James B. wrote:
Hey Sax, I answered you question ya asked earlier in this thread and I don't owe ya 8.50

Doesn't mean I ain't gonna scour the entire Big Sky in search of my eight fitty.

thumbs up on the clip

and we all know that Shawn spent your 8 bucks and change on either weed or a used Coltrane album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 am

Starting shiz, huh? Ok - jumping into it, at least. haha. Oops, what was that? Ahh... just Ang Lee on a casting call. Ya better anwser it quickly, James!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 am

Starting shiz, huh? Ok - jumping into it, at least. haha. Oops, what was that? Ahh... just Ang Lee on a casting call. Ya better anwser it quickly, James!

If I wanted to poke around in a pile, I'd say something along the lines of Shawn burnt you like the fattie he smoked with the cash. and I had to Google Ang Lee by the way Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

James B. wrote:

If I wanted to poke around in a pile, I'd say something along the lines of Shawn burnt you like the fattie he smoked with the cash. and I had to Google Ang Lee by the way Laughing very hard

just threw up a little and some pee also came out...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 pm

James B. wrote:

just threw up a little and some pee also came out...

They have pills for that kind of stuff, must've not seen the infomercial ?

It depicts an over-zealous music fan moshing it up....then handing people documents......then selling stuff online....all the while with a "Kinison Grin" on the face.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Butt Hole Surfers
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:49 am

Glower wrote:
Butt Hole Surfers

Somebody mentioned them on page 1 (I believe)

Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Iwrestledabearonce
It Dies Today
Job For A Cowboy
Bring Me the Horizon
Diamond Plate
Municipal Waste
One Direction

.....I just realized none of these bands rocked, Oh well  Smile 
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:51 pm

faster P*ssycat
Bulletboys
crashdiet
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 am

Baby Animals. Especially the Shaved and Dangerous album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 pm

For me I will say Kobra and the Lotus. Dumbest name ever but finally heard them and am really impressed.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Iwrestledabearonce
It Dies Today
Job For A Cowboy
Bring Me the Horizon
Municipal Waste

I like these quite a bit.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:11 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Iwrestledabearonce
It Dies Today
Job For A Cowboy
Bring Me the Horizon
Diamond Plate
Municipal Waste
One Direction

Umm yeah, Municipal Waste is gonna f&@k you up!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 am

Bump.

Radio Active Cats.

These guys came up on my shuffle the other morning and I was reminded what a great, sleazy, glammy gem of an album it is and what a stupid, stupid name the band had.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 am

Wurthless wrote:
Slauter Xstroyes.

I know this post is ancient, but I've always wondered... how the hell would you pronounce "Xstroyes," anyway? Anyone know? surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Slauter Xstroyes.

I know this post is ancient, but I've always wondered... how the hell would you pronounce "Xstroyes," anyway? Anyone know? surprised

I think it's supposed to be "destroys". So, yeah ....

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 pm

Sex Machineguns (very good Japanese metal band formed around 1989).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
Sex Machineguns (very good Japanese metal band formed around 1989).

Good call! On a Japanese theme see also Unlucky Morpheus & Boris (which is a terrible name!)

Gaye Bikers on Acid was a crappy name but a kind of cool crappy name.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 am

Even after all these years, I still haven't decided if "Cycle Sluts From Hell" is a "goofy" band name, or one of the best band names ever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Even after all these years, I still haven't decided if "Cycle Sluts From Hell" is a "goofy" band name, or one of the best band names ever.

Someone I know brought them up not too long ago, and then I said something to the effect of, "The original Babymetal!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 am

I know Pretty Maids has already been said, but 2 others that, if we didn't know better, sound like a girl band: Cinderella and Britny Fox. Of course, I absolutely love both bands.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Actually Cinderella is a godawful name for a rock band but I'd never thought about it.

What the hell is an Aerosmith?

Also was King Diamond really the most evil name Kim could come up with? Sounds like a power tool!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Mindfunk
Mind Over Four
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Actually Cinderella is a godawful name for a rock band but I'd never thought about it.

What the hell is an Aerosmith?

Also was King Diamond really the most evil name Kim could come up with? Sounds like a power tool!

Joey Kramer says it was sort of a play off a book he read in high school 'Arrowsmith' by Sinclair Lewis. Aerosmith just sounded cooler I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(novel)

For a man named Kim, I'd say King Diamond was a step-up  Razz

EDIT: or not..
Quote :
It is a popular myth that the rock band Aerosmith took its name from this book. Though the members were required to read this book in school, they have repeatedly and adamantly denied any connection. In fact, the name was initially rejected because they thought drummer Joey Kramer got the name from the Sinclair novel. When he explained the different spelling and that the name came to him while listening to Harry Nilsson's album Aerial Ballet, the name was accepted by the other members

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next