Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]

Go down 
+33
Short-Fuse
Glower
SideShowDisaSter
Red Kitty
Alex Dee Rokket
ozzman
springozzy
Joe
dirtracin1
jettafiend
kmorg
Lari
chewie
Temple of Blood
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
Fat Freddy
jstate
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mc666
Hadley
James B.
martinsane
Dark Horseman
Wurthless
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

Nah, that's a great name. Especially because "D.R.I." is a very memorable acronym.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Galactic Cowboys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Galactic Cowboys

I'll give them a pass because they are from Texas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I will second Pretty Maids - awfully stupid name but damn great band. I wish their post-80s albums were more accessible because as far as I can tell they have never released a bad album.

Another goofy name - Edguy. The band is named after their high school maths teacher, Edgar Siedschlag. No offense but how stupid is that? It damn near tops the list of stupid band names but with great music.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Galactic Cowboys

They definitely rocked. But the name is a bit silly.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Galactic Cowboys

I'll give 'em a pass because they are great guys that made some pretty memorable music. I will always hold that fact that they are from Texas against them though [and don't try to say KX is also from Tejas - we both know that is not true].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

I could care less what state (or country) a band is from.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Everything in life is political to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

That's a shame, NOTHING in life is political to me, makes things much less stressful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

So, that's a SHAME because it is different than your life? You don't have to answer that. I am extremely anal too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm

So, that's a SHAME because it is different than your life? You don't have to answer that. I am extremely anal too.

No, it just sounds like a stressful existence, that's all. Now that we've completely derailed the thread....

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am

chewie wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Alabama Thunderpussy

THIS!!

Along with:

Saigon Kick

I avoided this band for a looooong because of their name, that "Love Is On The Way" song and(at the time) they were opening for Firehouse.

Then I heard the song "One Step Closer". Now I dig 'em and have the first three albums.

Ditto, they are on my want list and I had the cassette of The Lizard back in the day, but to me the album art and band name are just not great at all.

As an addition:

Ugly Kid Joe
Nashville Pu$$y (or any band that uses that particular word in their name)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

Quote :
jstate wrote:
How about Diving For Pearls?

You DO know what that is in referrence to, right?

Didn't at the time but I eventually figured it out. I prefer my sexual slang as album titles rather than band names, I guess. Ever hear about the A&R lady who signed them and her Diving For Pearls tattoo she got because she believed so much in them breaking big.

I like names that work out in acronyms. DRI, COC and such. Disneyland After Dark is a pretty bad but D.A.D..... okay that is still pretty goofy too.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

Nah, that's a great name. Especially because "D.R.I." is a very memorable acronym.

Agreed! and the band name is a pretty clear indicator of the band as well (in this case, anyway).
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm

jstate wrote:
Pretty Maids will always top my list.

BTW Crunt was awesome. Did they ever put out anything else besides that one album? I assumed Kat divorced Stu. The pedigree of the band made it a must buy.

Agreed...even though they are one of my all-time favorites. Never 'got' the name.

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 am

S.D. wrote:

That's a shame, NOTHING in life is political to me, makes things much less stressful. Very Happy

Saying "What do McDonald's and Australia have in common? They are both fronted by a redheaded clown" is about as political as I get these days. Very Happy Not having a vote leads to one not giving a toss! Razz

Back on topic:

Only name I can think of off the top of the ol' noodle - Physical Attraction.

How in the nine hells is one supposed to think "thrash metal" when you read that?!

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am

Test Icicles
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 am

martinsane wrote:
Test Icicles

Yes - shiz band name.....but, they were a shiz band. This is thread is for GREAT bands with crappy names! I have that Test Icicles in my store though, if you wanna believe Terry: http://www.musicstack.com/item/265156146
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 am

Vainy Titz
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm

martinsane wrote:
Test Icicles

Yes - shiz band name.....but, they were a shiz band. This is thread is for GREAT bands with crappy names! I have that Test Icicles in my store though, if you wanna believe Terry: http://www.musicstack.com/item/265156146

Sorry bro, just running with wonky names, forgot about being good too...
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Did anyone mention Ice Water Mansion?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm

The Poodles
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Vainy Titz

Not cool man. Not cool.... That band has not even started yet...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 am

Hey Sax, I answered you question ya asked earlier in this thread and I don't owe ya 8.50

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next