Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]

Go down 
+33
Short-Fuse
Glower
SideShowDisaSter
Red Kitty
Alex Dee Rokket
ozzman
springozzy
Joe
dirtracin1
jettafiend
kmorg
Lari
chewie
Temple of Blood
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
Fat Freddy
jstate
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mc666
Hadley
James B.
martinsane
Dark Horseman
Wurthless
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Apparently, the names Aerosmith were considering using before they came up with Aerosmith were The Hookers and Spike Jones. I cant see a band called The Hookers being very iconic, and I think they would have had legal troubles with the latter (though now I want to see them covering Der Fuhrer's Face).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Actually Cinderella is a godawful name for a rock band but I'd never thought about it.

What the hell is an Aerosmith?

Also was King Diamond really the most evil name Kim could come up with? Sounds like a power tool!

Joey Kramer says it was sort of a play off a book he read in high school 'Arrowsmith' by Sinclair Lewis. Aerosmith just sounded cooler I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(novel)

For a man named Kim, I'd say King Diamond was a step-up  Razz

EDIT: or not..
Quote :
It is a popular myth that the rock band Aerosmith took its name from this book. Though the members were required to read this book in school, they have repeatedly and adamantly denied any connection. In fact, the name was initially rejected because they thought drummer Joey Kramer got the name from the Sinclair novel. When he explained the different spelling and that the name came to him while listening to Harry Nilsson's album Aerial Ballet, the name was accepted by the other members

Well, I'll be...you learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 12:48 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Slauter Xstroyes.

I know this post is ancient, but I've always wondered... how the hell would you pronounce "Xstroyes," anyway? Anyone know? surprised

I think it's supposed to be "destroys".  So, yeah ....

I must've been summoned from the abyss to reply specifically to this comment, but I've always somewhat insecurely referred to them as Slauter "ecks-troy-ess," haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Slauter Xstroyes.

I know this post is ancient, but I've always wondered... how the hell would you pronounce "Xstroyes," anyway? Anyone know? surprised

I think it's supposed to be "destroys".  So, yeah ....

I must've been summoned from the abyss to reply specifically to this comment, but I've always somewhat insecurely referred to them as Slauter "ecks-troy-ess," haha.

That's how I would pronounce it too. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

For a man named Kim, I'd say King Diamond was a step-up  Razz

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 1057643751

Oh dear! I wouldn't holiday in North Korea dude!! (At least not for a year or two) lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]   Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goofy Names for Bands that Still Rocked [courtesy of MetalGuy]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5