Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metalcore does it again

Go down 
+12
Required Fields
Troublezone
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
KissinMaiden
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
mc666
ultmetal
TheGooch
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Well hell, I was a huge Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit/Kid Rock fan before I discovered Metallica, now I really don't like any of those bands at all.
That's another thing I don't really understand. If I liked it once, I like it still.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Well hell, I was a huge Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit/Kid Rock fan before I discovered Metallica, now I really don't like any of those bands at all.
That's another thing I don't really understand. If I liked it once, I like it still.
Yeah that is strange. Why does it seem like mostly younger people think that they have to stop liking one style of music once they discover another that they like a little better. Expand don't delete. If I treated my wife like that she'd be real upset. "Honey I've decided I like blondes better and you've gotta go". Of course she probably wouldn't go for my "expand" either. "Honey I've decided I want a few wives instead of just you". :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:07 pm

Alot of the time it depends on the effort on the labels end. Metal Blade is putting forth a massive media attack on the public, it's starts with us collage Metal radio peeps. I'm not a huge fan of the band, but it is or job to bring the Metals(every genre) to the masses. Currently the Metalore scene is absolutaley saturated, it's unreal. Really like Thrash, or Hardrock or Grincore went through. I wonder whats next, System Of A Down is done, could it be the begining of the end of NU-Metal??-TJ
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:50 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Yeah that is strange. Why does it seem like mostly younger people think that they have to stop liking one style of music once they discover another that they like a little better. Expand don't delete. If I treated my wife like that she'd be real upset. "Honey I've decided I like blondes better and you've gotta go". Of course she probably wouldn't go for my "expand" either. "Honey I've decided I want a few wives instead of just you". :kickbutt:

How right you are brother! Now what I am about to admit might alienate me but I'm not ashamed of what I like. Before I became a metal head my favorite music included such artists as Billy Joel, John Denver, Johnny Cash, The Moody Blues, Creedence Clearwater, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Ronnie Milsap, Bryan Adams, Chicago, Don Henley, and a plathora of pop rock bands from the 80's (though none of the retro crap) and I still listen to all those above bands today. Now when I became a metal head I abandoned those bands and tried to convince myself I didn't like them (I was young and stupid), but when I turned 21, I realized that just because I LOVE metal does not mean I can't enjoy other styles of music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Bro, if I openly admit that Def Leppard's Hysteria is my all-time favorite album on this forum, I think you're safe to like Don Henley! Haha.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:50 pm

As I Lay Dying ,eh? That's interesting, as I was just wondering in light of the "Decline & Fall of Metal" thread; what is selling the most now? Does anyone have any idea what sells the most worldwide?

p.s.- my favorite "gateway" fighter was Saoul Mamby back in the 80's. He actually won a title eventually and held it for awhile. You never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metalcore does it again   Metalcore does it again - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metalcore does it again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2