Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Schenker Group Discography

Go down 
+8
Red Kitty
Wurthless
jettafiend
chewie
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
manny
James B.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Nightmare:The Acoustic MSG
Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-MSG_nightmare_acoustic

Only in Japan release on EMI Records, released Feb. 1992
Recorded at Studio 56 in Hollywood, Calif.
Produced by McAuley,Schenker and Fillipetti ("never ending nightmare (single edit only)

1. "Anytime" Robin McAuley, Steve Mann 5:45
2. "We Believe in Love" Michael Schenker, McAuley 5:19
3. "What Happens to Me" Schenker, McAuley 5:04
4. "Bad Boys" Schenker, McAuley 3:58
5. "When I'm Gone" McAuley, Jesse Harms 5:14
6. "Never Ending Nightmare (single edit)" Schenker, McAuley 4:03
7. "Message for the Japanese fans"

Havn't heard this so I can't comment on it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I have never heard it either but I am sure it would be somewhat interesting
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Haven't heard that one......
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm

manny wrote:
I have never heard it either but I am sure it would be somewhat interesting

I plan to throw some eyeball action on YouTube later today and scope this stuff out.

The two focal points and major talent in that incarnation of MSG by themselves does sound interesting.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-MSG_Unplugged_Live

Unplugged Live by McAuley/Schenker with Shark Island guitarist Spencer Sercombe on second guitar and backing vocals.

Recorded at The Celebrity Theater in Anaheim, Calif. March 25, 1992
Released Oct. 1992 on Impact (USA) and EMI (Europe, Japan)

Produced by Robin McAuley and Michael Schenker

1. "Anytime" Robin McAuley, Steve Mann 5:42
2. "We Believe in Love" Michael Schenker, McAuley 6:06
3. "What Happens to Me" Schenker, McAuley 4:54
4. "Bad Boys" Schenker, McAuley 4:01
5. "Gimme Your Love" McAuley, Rocky Newton 3:59
6. "Natural Thing" Schenker, Phil Mogg 4:55
7. "Perrier - formerly Courvoiser Concert" Schenker, Gary Barden 1:53
8. "When I'm Gone" McAuley, Jesse Harms 4:52
9. "Nightmare" Schenker, McAuley 4:44
10. "Doctor Doctor" Schenker, Mogg 4:27
11. "Lights Out" Schenker, Mogg, Parker, Way 5:21

Japanese bonus tracks are "Paradise" and "Only You Can Rock Me"

I have never seen this in a store or anyplace else for that matter. Doing research for this thread was my "introduction" to it's existence. The song selection is interesting and also predictable. Seems a theater show would of been longer than an hour ? So it makes one wonder if there is more to it. I have tried to contact some friends who may have attended the show but the Holiday Season can make that difficult. If I had still been living in So. Calif. at the time or even knew the show was happening, I'd a been there. Ya know how us fan-boys can be. Sometime soon. I'll buy this someplace/somewhere and give it a listen.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 am

I don't remember that one at all.....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:28 am

I did not know of this album's existence til a couple of years ago, just fell completely under my radar.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:08 am

I bought it off of Amazon for 8 bucks and change last night.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Nightmare:The Acoustic MSG
is one awesome akustic guitar short ep like album.
it was the 1st i heard and very like it.
clean voice clean guitar nothin more.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-MSG_written_in_the_sand

MSG-"Written In Sand"
1996 Posite Energy Records surprised
Recorded Rumbo Recorders Canoga Park, Calif. and The Sound Lab/Phase Four Tempe, Az.
Released Aug. 28, 1996
Produced by Ron Nevison

1."Brave New World" - 4:14
2."Cry No More" - 5:18
3."I Believe" - 5:48
4."Back to Life" - 6:12
5."Written in the Sand" - 3:28
6."Essenz" (instrumental) - 5:21
7."Love Never Dies" - 5:45
8."I Will Be There" - 5:03
9."Take Me Through the Night" - 6:08
10."Down the Drain" - 3:46

Japanese bonus track "Sweet Cool Kiss Of Night"

All music written by M. Schenker Lyrics by L. Sundin

Band members:
Leif Sundin - lead vocals
Michael Schenker - lead, rhythm guitars
Barry Sparks - bass guitar
Shane Gaalaas - drums

Additional keyboards by Claude Gaudette

Nice return to early MSG form with new vocalist, who sang on Gary Moore's "Dirty Fingers" album. I havn't listened to this in years and it seems to be a cross between the first two MSG albums and Mc Auley-like vocals without the cheesy, cliche' ridden lyrics.
This also has one of the better rhythm sections in the bands career. (IMHDO)

The title track is kinda bluesy. "Back To Life" is a nice uptempo tune. "I Believe" really show the melodic aspects of Schenker and the vocalists. Great tune ! The break down before the bridge and leads into solo on "Love Never Dies" is great songwriting. "Brave New World" and "Cry NoMore" are probably the better tunes on the album, but the instrumental "Essenz" gives them a run for the money. "Down The Drain" utilizes some off time drums in between the guitar riff for a different vibe and feel to the tune.

In conclusion, this album is great. A different producer may have given a bit more crunch to it perhaps ? I don't know. Nevison may have been a better choice for the McAuley Schenker Group albums. After listening to the entire album it is quite obvious that Schenker returned to the older songwriting style of bringing in a riff and having the vocals sung over that. The McAuley Schenker albums were a great change of pace but this is what Schenker excells at when he teams up with the right singer.

I am glad I dug this out. It is much better than i recalled it being.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

My knowledge of Michael Schenker albums from this point forward is close to zero. But I will keep reading with great interest.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm

What Manny said I only know a couple from here on.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am

I somehow missed this album back then, but I picked it up a couple of years ago. Don't know where it is though.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 pm

chewie wrote:
I somehow missed this album back then, but I picked it up a couple of years ago. Don't know where it is though.....

you gave it to me, remember ? Laughing very hard

just kidding

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 pm

James B. wrote:
chewie wrote:

you gave it to me, remember ? Laughing very hard

just kidding

probably.......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 pm

To quote Terry Glaze...."Onward We Rock"

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-The_-Michael_Schenker_Story_Live_front

Recorded live in Japan March of 1997
I don't feel like typing the name of the venue

Released May of 1997 on Schenkers own label, later by SPV
also released on VHS in 1999 and in 2005 on DVD titled Live In Tokyo 97

Two cd collection produced by Ron Nevison.

CD One

1."In Search of the Peace of Mind" - Scorpions - 4:18
2."Doctor Doctor" - UFO - 4:59
3."Let It Roll" - UFO - 4:22
4."Natural Thing" - UFO - 3:34
5."Lights Out" - UFO - 5:17
6."Only You Can Rock Me" - UFO - 4:07
7."Another Piece of Meat" - Scorpions - 3:52
8."Into the Arena" - Michael Schenker Group - 7:04
9."Are You Ready to Rock" - Michael Schenker Group - 4:12
10."Assault Attack" - Michael Schenker Group - 4:18
11."Captain Nemo" - Michael Schenker Group - 3:12
12."No Time for Losers" - McAuley-Schenker Group - 3:31
13."Save Yourself" - McAuley-Schenker Group - 7:02
14."All the Way from Memphis" - Contraband - 4:22
15."Pushed to the Limit" - UFO - 3:54
16."Written in the Sand" - Michael Schenker Group - 4:03

CD TWO

1."Back to Life" - Michael Schenker Group - 6:26
2."Love Never Dies" - Michael Schenker Group - 5:12
3."Essence" - Michael Schenker Group - 6:21
4."Never Ending Nightmare" - McAuley Schenker Group - 4:49
5."Bijou Pleasurette"[2] - Michael Schenker Group - 2:45
6."Positive Forward" - Michael Schenker - 3:55
7."Lost Horizons"[2] - Michael Schenker Group - 5:41
8."Too Hot to Handle" - UFO - 3:55
9."Attack of the Mad Axeman" - Michael Schenker Group - 5:41
10."Love to Love" - UFO - 8:02
11."On and On" - Michael Schenker Group - 5:29
12."Armed and Ready" - Michael Schenker Group - 5:12
13."Feels Like a Good Thing" - Michael Schenker Group - 3:48
14."Rock Bottom" - UFO - 10:21

Here is a shot of the VHS box front (says over 2 1/2 hours) wow
Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 MSG_story_VHS

Band line-up

Leif Sundin - lead vocals, rhythm and acoustic guitars
Michael Schenker - lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars, backing vocals
Seth Bernstein - rhythm and acoustic guitars, keyboards, backing vocals
Barry Sparks - bass, acoustic guitars, backing vocals
Shane Gaalaas - drums, acoustic guitars
David Van Landing - vocals, percussion

I had the DVD but loaned it out and never got it back.

I do recall the musicianship and overall performances were great. Ya get various time periods from MSG, some UFO, and some old Scorps tunes. headbanger It is nice hearing a version of "Love to Love". Schenker has done UFO covers throughout his MSG career, but to the best of my knowledge, a first for this particular tune. They even do a cover of a cover, "All The Way To Memphis".

Right now i am debating on whether to get the DVD (AGAIN) or the two cd set ? Probably both ? I like watching Schenker play as much as listening. I am not as anal as I used to be about having a complete discography by anyone.

There is alot of live stuff from Schenker out there and redundancy is a given as with most bands/artists that practice this. This line-up is very talented and versatile as seen by the complete scope of Schenkers career they span.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 pm

I have the DVD of this which was shot with only two cameras and the guy who directed this, should not have been allowed to handle a polarid camera, let alone direct a concert movie.

Despite this, the show itself is excellent with Michael Schenker himself playing at the top of his game, and playing songs from the entire spectrum of his career.

my only problem is Leif Sundin can sing, but has zero charisma, and voice is not as memorable of some of the other vocalist Schenker has worked with in the past.

I have this on DVD but it has been a while since I watched it, may pull this out of my collection and give it a look this weekend.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 pm

I bought Perfect Timing on cassette (still have it) after seeing "Gimme Your Love" and "Love Is Not A Game" on MTV. I LOVED it! Played the hell out of it! The soundtrack to my junior high days. Laughing Years later, I revisited the album and found the cassette will no longer play (WHY am I still keeping it?). I probably played it to death on my walkman back in the day. I ended up getting it on eBay on vinyl and, though the two singles are still awesome, the album as a whole hasn't aged well for me. I still like it, but it didn't take hold of me like it did then.

Today I listened to Save Yourself (the reason this thread caught my eye) which I got when it came out but didn't play near as much as Perfect Timing. It actually sounds better than I remembered it--go figure. "Destiny"! Damn! That's a good song!

I used to have MSG on CD when it first came out. I had lost interest in the band, didn't play it much and sold it sometime in the 1990s, so I don't remember anything from it. Maybe I should hunt it down.

Sidenote: My birthday is the same as Robin McAuley's (and Paul Stanley's): January 20. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-MSG-TheUnforgiven

Released Feb 11th, 1999
SPV/Steamhammer records
Produced by M. Schenker and M. Varney

1."Rude Awakening" – 5:02
2."The Mess I've Made" – 4:31
3."In and Out of Time" – 3:44
4."Hello Angel" – 5:13
5."Fat City N.O." – 4:16
6."Tower" – 5:11
7."Pilot of Your Soul" – 4:25
8."Forever and More" – 5:43
9."Turning off the Emotion" – 5:15
10."Live for Today" – 4:40
11."Illusion" – 3:57
12."The Storm" – 5:18

This time we have Kelly Keeling up front. Known as a member of Baton Rouge and singer for John Norum's band.

I had mixed feelings about this at first, but it grew on me. Suppose the "fuzzy" production didn't help. Still it kicks some @$$. Gone are "the huge hooks" and back are the big riffs. The bluesy approach/delivery may be different for Schenker but having a singer that can pull it off helps. Standout tracks are "Hello Angel", "Illusion", "Fat City N.O", "The Tower", "The Pilot Of Your Soul". It has a darker "tone" than any other Schenker release and a nice "change" from the previous incarnations of this band. The important mainstay is that it still sounds like a Schenker album. If ya don't have it, get it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Didn't know Keeling sang on this, now i'm very interested.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I actually bought this when it came out! Keeling's singing is great on this album(sounds kinda like Ian Gillan to me). I thought that this was solid return to hard rock form, though I expected a little more complexity due to fact that I was listening to Artension at the time and he had their rhythm section.

I have no problem in recommending this MSG release..... if you don't have, get it!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:14 pm

chewie wrote:
if you don't have, get it!

word brother

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm

I need to grab this one also
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 am

Here's a couple of clips:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 pm

MSG-Be Aware Of Scorpions

Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 220px-MSG_Be_aware_of_scorpions

Released November 13th, 2001 (USA)
October in Japan and Europe
SPV Records (USA/Europe)
Crown Records (Japan)

Produced by M. Schenker and Ralph Patlan
Recorded at Michael Schenker Records Recording Studio in Phoenix, Az.

1."No Turning Back" – 4:36
2."My Time's Up" – 3:37
3."Fallen the Love" (Schenker, Logan, Patlan) – 4:28
4."Because I Can" (Logan) – 3:01
5."How Will You Get Back" – 4:54
6."Blinded by Technology" – 5:08
7."Age of Ice" – 3:55
8."Standin' on the Road" – 5:18
9."Sea of Memory" – 4:57
10."On Your Way " – 3:39
11."Reflection of Your Heart" – 4:51
12."Roll It Over" – 3:19
13."Eyes of a Child" – 4:51

All tunes written by Schenker & Logan except where noted above

Band members:

Chris Logan:vocals
Michael Schenker:lead/rhythm guitars
Revenard Jones:bass
Jeff Martin:drums, vocals "Roll It Over"

The producer does some percussion and plays bass guitar on two songs

This is a new acquisition for me and was kinda/sorta surprised to see that Jeff Martin is on it. He is known as a singer but plays driums on this. Which isn't new for him. I think he played drums on the second Badlands album and a few of those shredder albums ? I like his singing (Surgical Steele, Racer X, among others) which he does on a track here.

This at first listen and subsequent ones is in the same vein as The Unforgiven and you could say it's stripped down to a rawer basic sound. Which tranlates to barely any keyboards. The better songs are....

"No Turning Back"

"Standin On The Road"

"Eyes Of A Child"

"Age Of Ice"

The more different ones (still good)

"Blinded By Technology"

"Sea Of Memory"

Overall a good listen, the raw stripped down sound works well with the singer, who would later appear on a Jake E. Lee solo album. I am sure that my opinion will change as I listen to this cd more. Being a Schenker fanboy can do that to guy.

I give it a solid B as of now

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker Group Discography   Michael Schenker Group Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Schenker Group Discography
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next