Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted

Go down 
+10
chewie
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
journeyman
MetalRob331
James B.
glassprison
manny
Shawn Of Fire
brokentulsa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Empty
PostSubject: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Here is the way I see the big 3 releases...

Save Yourself..a must own
Perfect Timing...A shock from Schenkers work before this release but still has some good songs...worth getting
MSG...Don't waste your time or money
The acoustic album.... sick 
 McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted 51bVvN9AFAL._SS135_SL160_ McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted 51Ng6BnLjuL._SS135_SL160_ McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted 41Vd62fXiiL._SS135_SL160_

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:45 pm

I like the acoustic album. There was a video release of McCauley-Schenker back in the day...I used to have a VHS dub of it. Michael, Robin and a second guitarist and it was really good, I thought...and I was all-Prog Metal, all the time back then.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm

I am huge Michael Schenker fan but I could not get into this version of the band. AOR, light weight, pop metal crap-o-la. 'Perfect Timing' the first one is decent but not great, and the other albums that McAuley and Schenker did not care for them. A good song here or there, but not as good as the earlier albums of MSG
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:30 pm

I like Robin's voice a lot, but in terms of songwriting there is unfortunately only about 3/4 of an album's worth of songs that I like out of those three albums combined.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm

These three and others were somewhat discussed here.... headbanger 

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t18877-michael-schenker-group-discography

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Save Yourself still gets constant plays from me and the song Anytime, I have prolly played 100's of times!!!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

These 3 releases are good. McAuley has a great voice which works well with Schenker. The draw back is the 80's thing happening. Way too slick and glossy. I'd like to hear what they could do together today. I loved Perfect Timing when it was released, now I just like it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Perfect Timing was perfect timing for when it came out. Still love that album. I actually made it onto the Headbangers Helloween Ball show that year. It was a back to back thing. I honestly can't remember if MSG was on that show, but I remember Helloween, Grim Reaper, Armored Saint, Powermad, MSG, etc being recorded each night.

Regardless - the McAuley years will always be Perfect Timing for me, although I love anything with Robins vox.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 pm

I never really checked out this group, which is a little odd as I loved the first two MSG albums and One Night at Budokan played them to death. I suppose that by the time this version of the band were in full swing, I was already veering towards thrash so would not have given them the time of day.

Will check out the tracks here though.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am

I love Perfect Timing and Save Yourself(though it does have a few doofy songs on it, I Am Your Radio, being one.). Try as I might I just can't get into the third one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 am

MSG is the only one of these I've ever been able to find used without going online. I think it's pretty decent myself. I've never heard anything off Perfect Timing but have to agree with Rob, Anytime is an excellent tune!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

All three of those records hold special nostalgia value for me. And I honestly thought both Perfect Timing and Save Yourself were going to launch MSG into big stardom. Never understood why radio at the time ignored them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 am

007 wrote:
MSG is the only one of these I've ever been able to find used without going online. I think it's pretty decent myself. I've never heard anything off Perfect Timing but have to agree with Rob, Anytime is an excellent tune!

I found two of them, 'Save Yourself' and ' MSG'. I do have 'Perfect Timing' but I have it on vinyl
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 am

I really like Perfect Timing and I still need to get the other McAuley albums. Sure they are glossy, but they are very well done, late 80s Hard Rock/Pop Metal. Nothing wrong with that. Also, this video was loaded with hot chicks and Robin McAuley's absurd hair.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Never heard the acoustic album. First two albums are good. I actually like MSG quite a bit. "Never Ending Nightmare" is my favorite song from this version of MSG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted    McAuley-Schenker Group  Revisted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McAuley-Schenker Group Revisted
Page 1 of 1